Status: sleeping

Did We All Fall Down, Well After All

Chapter 22

::Jamia's POV::

Lucky for us, Christa was smart enough to bring all of Hannah's info. Gerard had written all of it down on a sheet of paper after the last time she had to go to a hospital for emergencies like this. We were all waiting impatiently in the small room they had given her. They had given her something to make her sleep because "sleep helps everything." Charlie had brought the blanket that Donna had made for her for her birthday and wrapped Hannah up in it. For a person with a 104 degree fever, I didn't think it possible they could be so cold. The door clicked and a doctor slid in.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Dunham." He glanced down at us. "Is this Hannah Way?" he asked, motioning towards the bed.

"Yes," Charlie said, dubbing himself leader since he was the man. Typical. The doctor walked over and stood next to her bed.

"It's Influenza." All of us stood there slightly bewildered. "Give her lots of fluids, Tylenol, rest, and soup and she should be better in about a week."

"Dr. Dunham, sir, we live on a bus-"

"You live on a bus?" he questioned, his face crinkling up.

"We're touring with a band, and we don't want anyone else to catch it," Alicia explained.

"Have they had the flu shot this year?"

"No."

"If you have them come down here, I'd be happy to have one of the nurses give it to them."

"We haven't had it either," I said.

"I can get Danielle to give them to you. How many?"

"Us and then five more."

"Alright. I'll have Danielle come give them to you. But let me just say, because she is both pregnant and has the flu. I highly suggest she live in a house instead of a bus. All of this stress and moving around is probably what caused her to get it and it won't be good for her baby. And has she had her monthly check ups?" All of us looked at eachother.

"Um. . . .no."

"That's terrible! She needs to have a regular doctor and go to make sure the development of the baby is going well. Something might be wrong and you don't even know it!"

Oh my god, he's right. "She can stay with her grandmother."

"Make sure she is there as soon as possible. I'll go get Danielle." He left the room and the door clicked again. We all turned to eachother, scared.

"I had no idea," Alicia said.

"Something could be wrong," Christa whispered.

"What time is it?" I asked. Charlie glanced down at his watch.

"11:47."

"Do you think they're done with everything?"

"They should be," I said. "Alicia, do you have your phone?" She nodded and pulled it out of her pocket and handed it to me.

::Mikey's POV::

"You smell," Frank said bluntly to me.

"You're soaked. And Gee kind of seemed all over you tonight," I replied eyeing him as he walked passed us.

"Ya, but I'm okay with it. It's just like old times. And it made the fans happy-"

"Horny. It made them horny." He rolled his eyes and we continued down the halls of the backstage to the bus. A vibrating on my left leg caused me to stop and pull my phone out of my pocket. It was Alicia

"Why are you calling me? I'm almost to the bus."

"Hannah's sick." Nevermind. It was Jamia.

"What do you mean 'sick'?" I questioned. Frank's eyes widened slightly.

"She has the flu. Only it's a pretty bad case. We need you guys to come down and get the flu shot." I froze.

"Gerard's deathly afraid of needles."

"I know, but he's gonna have to deal with it if he wants to keep touring." I sighed as Frank walked ahead of me onto the bus.

"Alright. Give Ray the directions and we'll drive over." I handed the phone to Ray, who was completely in the dark.

"What's going on?" Bob asked.

"We're going to the hospital." His eyes widened.

"Why?!"

"For. . . .," I side glanced at Gerard, who was typing on his computer. "S-H-O-T-S." He screamed.

"WHAT!?! Nononononono. I'm not going. I don't need a shot. I'm perfectly healthy!!"

"Gee, you haven't had the flu shot in seven years. You need it more than any of us. We can't get a replacement for you. Frank really needs it too since he practically has no immune system."

"Hey!" He shouted in his defense. Ray turned the key in the ignition and began to drive out of our parking place.

"Why are they at the hospital in the first place?"

"Hannah has the flu. And she's got it bad."

::Thirteen Minutes Later::
::Alicia's POV::


There was a ringing noise coming from the bed.

"What's that?" Christa asked. All of us shook our heads, indicating we were clueless as well, while Charlie walked over to the bed and pulled back the covers. Hannah was still sedated from the sleeping medication the doctors had given her and didn't wake up when he dug his hand down her pocket and pulled out a slick black cell phone, the one that she got for her birthday.

"It's from Bert." I motioned for him to give it to me. He did and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hannah?" he asked, his voice sounding more different than normal.

"No this is Alicia. Hannah has the flu and she's sleeping right now."

"Really? That's terrible." I heard giggling in the background. "Sorry. Our new drummer Dan brought some drunk girl over."

"Shut up! I'm not drunk you bastard!" The girl said in the background.

"Whatever Noralea. Can you wake Hannah up?" My eyebrows came together.

"No. She needs her rest." There was a silence on the other end.

"Alright, well when she wakes up, have her call me. Bye." He hung up before I could say anything else, and Mikey and the rest of them came into the room before I could explain what was said in our conversation.

"Ah! Unclean! Unclean!" Frank shouted, running out of the room.

"Out, you'll get sick. Go over to that desk and ask for Danielle. She'll give you your flu shot," I ordered.

"I'm not getting a fucking shot!!!" Gerard screamed. I sighed.

"Are you Hannah's father?" Dr. Dunham asked from across the hall, pointing to Frank. The only reason I could see that Frank could be Hannah's father is that they're both short and have brown hair and big eyes.

"I'm the father," Gerard said. Dr. Dunham's eyes instantly narrowed.

"Why doesn't your daughter have a doctor. She is pregnant. She can't travel with you anymore."

"What?!"

"She needs annual checkups. Her baby could be dead or deformed or not growing properly and Hannah's health may be in danger. She'll have to leave you and leave on the next flight to a suitable home."