Status: sleeping

Did We All Fall Down, Well After All

Chapter 25

::Gerard’s POV::

My shoes scuffed along the pavement as I made my way back to the venue. I had hoped to get maybe just a few hours to myself, but it was crushed as soon as the first girl figured out who I was. Just a moment to myself every once and awhile would be nice, but it has become practically impossible lately. Sometimes I wish we weren’t famous. I had lost track of time trying to hide from a large group of fans that had formed. Everyone must be pissed at me for being late to sound check. I sighed and stopped walking to rummage around in my pockets. I pulled out a small orange pill and swallowed dry. Hopefully that would help me not feel guilty about being late.

I continued walking down the sidewalk at a fast pace. Running had become impossible for me because of the years of smoking cigarettes I have in my history. Briskly walking would have to do. A white van speedily round the corner of a street about three blocks ahead of me. My eyes narrowed as it came closer and closer in my direction. When they were less than a block away I recognized the driver. Quickly, not wanting them to see me, though I was probably the reason they were here, I slid into a narrow alleyway. But I only got a few steps in before two pairs or arms wrapped themselves around me and lifted me up. I grunted and attempted to kick them as a piece of cloth was tied around my head, creating a gag in my mouth. Adrenaline suddenly kicked in, slowed due to the drug I had just taken. I flailed around as I was thrown into the white van. Two more pulled off my jacket and tied my wrists behind my back. I quickly scanned my surroundings, attempting to escape, but each time I did a different body part was tied up. Soon, I couldn’t even move. More or less, see and speak as well. Terrified of what was going to happen to me, I began to shake.

“Aww, what’s wrong babe? You scared??” an all too familiar voice said. I felt a hand come up to my cheek and slowly rub it as another one pulled up my sleeve. I pulled up against my restraints, jerking my head back and forth. Soon, the blindfold had moved up to my forehead. My eyes bore into those of my captor. One of the others removed the gag from my mouth allowing my first words to them to spew out of my mouth.

“What the fuck do you want with me?!!”

“We’re going to make you break the hearts of those who love you most,” he whispered in my ear, a smirk playing on his lips.

“Oh really? What makes you think that you can make me do anything?” He smiled.

“But Gerard, I really don’t have to do anything. You’ve already started, I’m just taking to the next level.” My eyebrows furrowed together. A girl approached me, a doctor’s mask on her face. She held up a syringe and my eyes widened to their limit.

“No. No. Get away from me.” I looked back over to Bert and he smiled.

“Come on. Just like old times. You know you’ve been thinking about it lately.” I looked back at the needle, holding the enemy I had been avoiding for the last three years. I couldn’t break it now. I wanted to, I really wanted to. Just to feel the relief I had been missing. But I had no choice as the girl quickly plunged the needle into my arm, allowing the drug into my system. As soon as she pulled the needle out, Bert forced a bottle of vodka down my throat. I turned my head to the side, coughing up the substance. I lied there, still, thinking about it. Just a little bit. Just a taste. It won’t hurt. Then, I cracked. I started laughing and reached my hands for the bottle as far as I could. Bert gave me a cheeky grin and handed it to me.

“Ah, Bert. I’ve fuckin’ missed you buddy.” I leaned up to sloppily kiss him on the cheek.

“I missed you too.”

His plan had worked.

The old Gerard was back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did I give you guys enough drama? It's shorter than usual. But I felt you guys needed it.

w/ <3,
Bethannie.