Status: sleeping

Did We All Fall Down, Well After All

Chapter 26

::Hannah’s POV::

Every minute felt like an hour as I sat on my bed trying to think up something to do. It was late, and I should have been at least attempting to go to sleep, but I had done that on the plane home and wasn’t up for settling in to Mikey’s old bed just yet. My mind spasmed sending memories and images back into my head I had tried so hard to keep out. I had to forgive him for what he did to me. Charlie had always told me not to dwell on the past because then you will never be able to enjoy the future.

I sighed and pulled myself off of the bed and headed downstairs. Gram was sitting in the dining room chair, a cup of tea and a thick book set in front of her. She looked up as I entered the room. “You’re bored and you can’t sleep, right?” I nodded with a guilty smile. She stood up and headed towards the kitchen, motioning for me to follow her. She went to a long drawer and pulled out a calendar. I eyed her inquisitively. “Come. Sit. I’ll give you something to look forward to. Just because you’re stuck with little old me doesn’t mean we can’t have fun.” My face lit up as she set the calendar onto the kitchen table and sat down with a pencil in her hand.

“You mean, there is actually stuff to do here?” She flipped the calendar over to November and pointed to the square near the top.

“Gerard’s birthday present to you. The show with Steven. We go on the fourth to film it and it will air on the weekend. One of my friends daughters works for the Fuse network and they say that you are all they’ve been talking about lately.” My eyes widened.

“Wait, does that mean I’m famous? Does everyone know about me?”

“We’ll get to that some other time. Tomorrow is your doctors appointed,” an odd sound of discomfort left me and she laughed. “And your due date. . .” My head lifted up in curiosity. She flipped over a few pages. “Is sometime in May, I believe.”

“I have to be pregnant for that long?!” She rubbed my back gently as I glanced down at my bump.

“We are going to go shopping in New York in a few days,” she flipped back to October. “On Halloween. . . . It’s Frank’s birthday and we are going to their show in Chicago.” She turned to see my reaction, which was pure enthusiasm. “And Charlie will be there.” I jumped in my seat a little bit. Yes! I get to see him again!! “And I still have to set dates for when we go to Six Flags, Branch Brook Park, and any other place you’d like to go.” I reached over to hug her around the neck.

“Ah, I love you so much Gram!!” I kissed her head and ran back upstairs to call Charlie to tell him the news.

::Third Person POV::

“Have a good show!” Those were the last words Gerard heard from Bert before he watched the van race off back to where it came from. They had dropped him off at the back door of the venue. He goofily smiled, not entirely intoxicated but definitely incapable of passing off as normal. He walked in through the door and saw a security guard he recognized.

“Larry!! I’ve missed you buddy! How’re the kids?” His eyes shot open at the sight in front of him as he pulled out his walkie-talkie.

“I have Gerard. I’ll bring him into the dressing room. Cancel the show.”

“What!? No, no, no!” Gerard bolted down the white hall screaming, “Don’t cancel!! Don’t cancel!” with Larry hot on his trail. He rounded another corner and saw a brown poof in the distance. “Ray!” Before he could take another step, a throbbing pain hit his head but went away as quickly as it had come. Soon, a flash of colors entered his vision and he smiled. Slowly he began to twirl and put out a hand to lean against the wall. He had finally reached the peak of his high.

“Fuck.” Ray quickly pulled out his cell phone and loomed over Gerard, who had suddenly decided to sit down. Ray rolled Gerard’s head back against the wall and pulled down on both of his eyelids. He looked up his nose to find it looking normal. His fingers flew across the keypad as he dialed Mikey. He slightly opened Gerard’s mouth and could instantly smell the stench of alcohol. Bob round the corner and stopped dead in his tracks at what he saw.

“Fuck.” Ray ran a hand threw his hair and replied,

“My sentiments exactly.” He heard one more ring before a frantic Mikey finally picked up.

“Hello?” he said almost nervously.

::Ray's POV::

“We got ‘em.” There was a silence on the other end of the phone. Bob strolled up cautiously and bent down onto his knees so that he could be on Gerard’s eye level. It killed me to see him like this. Bob had never known this side of Gerard, and I know it probably scared him more than it scared us because of the stories he’s heard.

“How bad?”

“What?” I asked, unsure of what he meant. Bob noticed that he was sweating bullets and pulled off his jacket. He then saw that it shirt was entirely soaked with sweat and started to unbutton it as well. Mikey sighed on the other end of the phone.

“How bad is he?” he asked. Bob pulled the shirt off of Gerard’s arm and laid it off to the side as yet another person rounded the corner. This time it was Alicia. I could hear her gasp from where I was standing. I leaned down to wipe away the hair that had stuck to his face. Bob poked my shoulder to get my attention. I glanced over to him as pointed down towards Gerard’s arm. There, I saw it.

A small red dot surrounded in purple. The injection site. But the black smudge above it made my insides start to burn and the heat of anger explode inside of me. Someone had had used a black sharpie and drawn an arrow towards it connected to a sloppily written “Haha.” I couldn’t control myself. I threw my phone at the wall, both of my fists following it. Bob fell backwards in shock at my actions. Alicia ran towards me and dragged my hands away from my head, as I was attempting to pull my hair out. I collapsed to the ground next to Gerard. I wanted suffocate him. I wanted to kill him for what he’s done. All of us had fought so hard to get him out of the whole he had dug himself into. Now, someone else had dug the hole and pushed him in it. Plus, Gerard had let them. I knew he would have stopped him if he truly wanted to, but he didn't. And there was only one person that could have done this.

I picked up my phone off the ground, finding that only the screen had cracked and the battery had come out. I put it back together, turned it on, and dialed a different number.

“What are we going to do?” Alicia asked quietly.

“We can’t do anything. He’ll just be stubborn and make threats to kill himself like last time,” I stated bluntly. Bob’s eyes widened, for what seemed like the billionth time in the last few minutes.

“Hello?” the voice on the other end said.

“Donna? It’s Ray.”

“Oh, Ray! How nice of yo-”

“Don’t let Bert anywhere near Hannah. I don’t know if we can save Gerard this time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The demons of Gerard's past have returned.
I really want to hear your opinion!

w/ <3,
Bethannie