Status: sleeping

Did We All Fall Down, Well After All

Chapter 4

::Mikey's POV::

"We can't do that to her!!!!!" Gerard protested, standing up from his chair.

"Look, whoever does it might not have to have full on sex with her. They'll just have to do it enough so that she'll remember her life."

"But what if that is full on sex with her?! And what about the baby?!"

"The baby will not be harmed in the process. Many couples still have sex while their pregnant." I looked up at Gerard as he continued on with his argument. I would have stopped him if I wasn't afraid that he would chop my head off. But I felt the exact same that he did about this. It's barbaric!

"Listen, we have to be in Memphis in two days. We don't have time to do this."

"Then you better do it quickly." Do it quickly? How could she act like this was normal?! This kind of stuff doesn't happen! He looked back at me, asking for help. I read his thoughts, calmed down myself and stood up next to him.

"Hannah has had a rough life. We're afraid that if she remembers all of the things that have happened to her all at once, it will be too overwhelming for her to handle. Is there a way that she can only remember the better ones?" She sighed.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Way. All memories are connected. If you don't have good memories, then you don't have bad ones either. And this is the only way to make it come back. It's either that or she has to stay here in Nashville until she fully recovers, which could take weeks." I turned to Gerard. His head was hung low, his shoulders drooping.

"We'll have to talk about it before we make a decision." I said, slowly leading us to the door.

"Take your time." I opened it and pulled Gerard out and down the hall to the waiting room, but not before sending the cruelest glare to the doctor. The rest of the guys jumped up and ran over to us.

"What'd she say? What'd she say?" Bob asked. Gerard slipped into a chair and bent over so that his head was on his knees.

"The only way she'll remember is if someone tries to rape her." They shouted at me. As I began to explain what the doctor had explained to us, Gerard leaned back up into the chair and pulled his head back as far as he could and closed his eyes as tight as naturally possible.

"No! They can't do this to her! She-. . ." Ray cut himself off. None of us knew what to say or how to deal with this. Gerard heaved a heavy sigh, got up, and walked quickly passed us; we followed. This was wrong on so many levels. It will not be done. We walked into Hannah's room to find her watching TV.

"Dad?" I knew Gerard's heart was breaking. His shoulders tensed up, but he managed to loosen them enough and sit on the edge of her bed. Hannah turned off the television.

"Do you remember the time I took you into Toys R Us to find Uncle Mikey's present, but they kicked us out because we were scaring little kids?"

"When did that happen?" I could tell he was trying his best not to just collapse right then and there. I walked over next to him, gently brushing his shoulder, and tried to help.

"Do you remember when Alicia and Jamia took you shopping?" I asked. Her face contorted into a look of pure confusion.

"Who are they?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched in horror as Gerard, my older brother, began to silently cry. Just the sight of it was almost impossible for me to hold back my own tears. Hannah's face fell as she saw the state all of us are in. "This is really bad, isn't it?"

"Ya," Frank said. I cringed.

"Look. I know you're my dad, you're my uncle, you guys are in a band together, Quinn you're in a band with Bert, Bert made me pregnant, and I'm from Chicago. . . . I think."

"You are," Gerard told her.

"And you guys are on tour right now, and Quinn, you guys are making another record."

"What was the song Bert wrote for you?"

"Enough with the questions! I don't know, but you guys can make it come back," I looked down at Gerard. She became obviously worried. "Can't you?"

"I don't know," he whispered. She looked up at me for an explanation, but I answered a different question I knew was going through her mind.

"We really wish we could only let you remember the good memories, but Dr. Walters said that all memories are connected. You can't have the good without the bad." I stopped. I wonder. I bent down next to her by the side of the hospital bed. "Hannah, do you remember your life in Chicago?"

"No. Why? Did I have parents?" She really didn't remember anything, did she? For the sake of us all, I answered,

"Yes. Do you remember the night that Bert made you pregnant?"

"Didn't you say he raped me?"

"What do you think happened?" She looked out the window, then over to Quinn. Her brow furrowed in thought.

"He might of. . . . drugged me? And then I remember acting really. . . . strange. Like I wanted it or something-"

"Stop." All of our heads snapped over to Gerard. I forgot he was there. This must be hard for him to hear. Especially now.

"Daddy?" There eyes locked for a millisecond. That was it. I watched as he slowly crumpled down to the cold linoleum floor and just laid there.

"I can't do this," he whimpered. "I can't. I can't. I can't. I can't. It's too much! I don't want to have to do this anymore! I want to be dead!!" In an instant, all of us shot up from where we were, and pulled Gerard over to the wall and made him lean up against it. This can't be happening. I felt a small, cold tear travel down my face.

"Please, please don't say that Gerard. Don't go back to that. It's not right. It's not worth it. Don't give up. All of us can get through this." I placed his head in the crook of my neck and rubbed up and down his arm. He began to full out sob.

"I'll do what ever it takes to get my memory back and have things normal again," Hannah said from her spot on the bed.

"I don't know if you would," Quinn said.

"Anything. I feel like an idiot not to know my life. I want to remember all of it. What ever it takes."

"Well, we can get your memory back," Frank said. Her face lit up.

"Oh my god!! Why didn't you say so in the first place!?!!?!" Gerard pulled closer to me. It was then that I knew what I had to do. I sighed and looked down at Gerard. The rest of the guys stared at me with anticipation as well.

"Because I have to rape you."