Status: sleeping

Did We All Fall Down, Well After All

Chapter 7

::Hannah's POV::

Dad had made me sit down and tell the whole story to him. It was hard for me to repeat it, but I managed. I've been scratching at my cast for about an hour now. It's really super itchy. Dad is still asleep. I didn't want to leave, but hunger was calling me. I replaced his arm from around my shoulder and left the room and headed down the hall of bunks into the 'kitchen'. When I opened up the fridge, I felt someone walk up behind me. I turned around and Frank hugged me.

"Ow," I mumbled. He let go. "Do we have any apple sauce?"

"Um. . . . We have apples," Ray said. Close enough. I took one out and sat down next to them.

"So. . . . How. . . are you?" Frank asked nervously. I put my apple down in my lap.

"You know what I don't get?" I didn't give them a second to answer. "We told Mikey to do that right? But then he gets wasted and. . . makes it ten times worse. I know he did it so he wouldn't have to remember it, but he just. . ."

"We know," Bob said.

"And now we left him in Nashville and he's probably freaking out because he won't remember Dad yelling at him and that he's alone." Frank and Ray looked at eachother. They had forgotten that Mikey was still drunk when they went into his room, so he'll forget that part as well. "And what about Alicia, and Grandma? Do they even know anything about this?"

"We told them that you got hit by a car and lost your memory, but we left the Mikey part out."

"Don't you think they should know?"

"Not now. We will tell them. Just. . . not this year." I bit into my apple. Perhaps they were right. Perhaps it was best to wait to tell them.

"Hannah?" He had woken up.

"In the front, Dad," I called. He came walking up. "Can we call Uncle Mikey?"

"No."

"But Dad, he only did what you asked him."

"Mikey went too far. He hurt you Hannah. I'm surprised you want to talk to him!"

"But Dad I-"

"He went to the extreme! And he was drunk."

"Exactly! He was drunk, so can't you be easy on him? Mikey didn't know. He's been nothing but a great uncle to me." I rolled the apple around in my hands as he took the time to study all of our faces.

"Gerard, he's your brother. It was an accident. Hannah has her memory back. Let's just forget it and move on with our lives," Ray told him. He looked over at me.

"Will you be alright if he comes back?"

"Yes." I answered quickly. He sighed.

"Alright. I'll call him."

"I want to talk to him too!" I protested. He looked over to Ray. He nodded his head.

"Fine. Come on." I jumped up and followed him to the back room. He pulled out his phone from his side pocket. I took his bag and set it in my lap. I began to rummage through it.

"You need to wash your clothes," I told him.

"Ya, I know. I'm going to talk to him first. Then you can. Alright?"

"Sure." I continued through his stuff, finding a bunch of old arm bands and black parade merchandise. In the bottom was a small orange bottle. I turned it over and read the label. The name of the drug did not register in my brain. I guess I could look it up on the web later and see what it was for.

"Mikey. . . . . . . . Mikey, I know. Ya." I didn't want to listen to a one sided conversation, so instead I pulled out Dad's sketch book. There were tons of pictures of skeletons and deformed people and vampires and wolves. I liked his style. It was dark and edgy. Something I had always liked, but could never afford. "Hannah." My head snapped up. He handed the phone to me.

"Hey Mikey."

"It was an accident. I'm so so sorry. Please, I-"

"I understand. You had to do it. Thanks for helping me. Just hurry up and get back here. There's nothing to do around here without you."

"Do you forgive me?"

"Yes, I forgive you. And I miss you. So get back to the bus!"

::Later That Day::

Everything was the way it was supposed to be. Frank and Ray were playing video games against each other. Dad was working on a comic book that I just found out he was writing. It's called The Umbrella Academy. Bob is drumming lightly on my stomach as I eat a bag of chips while watching Ray smash Frank in Burnout Revenge.

The only thing that's missing is Mikey. But Dad talked to him and he convinced Brian to take his car and go pick him up and speed over to Memphis so he can play the show.

"Press the square button!" I yelled.

"I am pressing the square button!" Frank shouted back.

"Well it's not doing anything." Bob laughed.

"Bob, do you really think it's a good idea to do that to her stomach?" Dad questioned.

"I don't see why not. It's as hard as a rock." He flicked it.

"Hey! Watch it!" I said, and rubbed the red spot that he had caused.

"Sorry," he whispered. Dad sighed and turned to the two video gamers.

"Hey, Ray? What's that really long 'P' word that's the same as lies."

"The verb or noun form?"

"Verb." Ray's car crashed into a wall, earning him two thousand points in the game.

"Prevaricates."

"Thanks." I looked over at him then at Ray.

"Ray, I didn't know you read dictionaries." He paused the game.

"There's a lot about me you don't know." I looked at him, then at Frank, Bob, and Dad.

"I know that you sleep walk." Frank bolted up and jumped down next to me.

"He WHAT?!"

"Sleep walks," I stated proudly.

"I do not," he said, resuming the game, causing Frank to fly back to his controller.

"And Bob keeps a collection of admission bracelets to the concerts." Dad looked up.

"You do?"

"Ya. I have thousands of them."

"Frank likes to belly dance."

"WHAT?! YOU LIAR!" I threw a chip at him.

"Ya. You're right. You don't belly dance. But you are the master of DDR."

"And I hold that title with pride."

"What do you know about me?" Dad asked. I got up from my spot and sat down next to him and leaned my head against his shoulder. The orange bottle came to mind, but I let it pass.

"You care too much about me and you won't leave me alone." He smirked.

"And do you know what I know about you?" I shook my head.

"You love it."