Status: Completed =]

A Love Like Ours Should Be Forbidden

A love like ours should be forbidden (13)

*Eli P.O.V*

All day everyone talked about the school dance. Girls where talking about what they would wear, how they would get their hair done while the guys talked about who they would ask to the dance. Me on the other hand, well I don’t care. Not like anyone’s gonna ask me .. or so I thought.

“So Eli, you gonna go to the dance?” Jasper asks as I put books into my locker and take out lunch money.

“Meh I don’t know, I’ve nobody to go with”

“Well um *cough* about that”

Why the hell does he look so nervous?

Patience woman!

Since he doesn’t go on I raise an eyebrow “Yeah?”

“Oh right, yeah, um well I was wondering if, uh you know, you would um go to the dance with me?”

Now does that answer your question?
Shut up.

I can honestly say I didn’t expect that – at all.

I mean this is Jasper, a modern version of a greek god asking me. ME! To a dance.

“Uh um, you sure you would want to go with me? I mean wouldn’t you wanna be seen with one of those pretty cheerleaders?”

“Eli, they are fake life versions of Barbies. Why would I want to be seen with a walking doll? YOU are beautiful, natural, and I want to go with you”

Ok I can officially say that my face is as red as a um a tomato? Yeah that’ll do.

“Well then I’d lo-”

I was interrupted by a high pitched squeal. Any guesses who that would be?

“JASPER!!”

“Oh um hello Tanya”

“I was wondering, would you go the dance with me?”

And as you probably guessed, she’s twiriling her hair, sticking out her fake chest and fluttering her fake eyelashes.

“Got something in your eye Tanya?” I smirk

She sends me a death glare “Shut it emo”

“Prep”

“And proud”

“To be a slut? Haha”

“Ugh, anyways what do you say Jasper?”

“Um well actually-”

I cut him off. “As I was saying Jasper before Barbie interrupted, I would love to go to the dance with you”

“Awesome!”

I look over at Tanya to see her staring at me wide hide with her mouth hanging open looking like a fish gasping for air. All that comes out of her mouth is a squeak.

“What’s wrong bitch. Got something down your throat?” I laugh and drag Jasper to the cafeteria.

*After lunch*

“Alright class I need a few volunteers to help design some decorations for the dance. Julie, Seth, Cheryl and Matthew. The rest of you, I want you to draw or paint whatever you would like but as long as you do your art work and don’t make a mess you can talk and listen to music” Miss Finlay says.

I love her. She is so down to earth and a young teacher that loves to have fun with her class.

I stick in my iPod and put it on to shuffle then absentmindedly start drawing on a piece of paper.

I have this class with Bella, Jake and Jasper.

Jasper and Bella are being sensible and talking away but Jake on the other hand has to go mess with a bottle of paint trying to squeeze paint out.

“Jake what are you doing?” I ask.

“Trying to get paint out but I think the little hole is blocked”

“Get a pin or something and unblock it?”

“Nah I can squeeze it out” He says while looking into the hole and something that I was waiting for finally happened.

“HAHA!” I burst into laughter and fall off my chair.

He was squeezing the bottle that hard that the paint bottle exploded and went all over his face.

“Shut it Van Helsink!” He growls and goes to get cleaned up.

Jasper and Bella are busy cleaning the place up when I get back on my chair and look down at my paper to see a few bits of Jakes red paint on my picture but when I look closely I see something completely unexpected.

“oh my god” I mumble.

There on my page was the girl that was standing at the tree this morning and the red paint looked like blood dripping from her neck.

How the heck could I draw her when I was hardly paying attention to what I was doing?

Maybe it’s a sign?

To what?

Well um I don’t know

You’re useless. Anyway do you have a name?

Inner voice?

Nah don’t like it. I think I will call you .. Jimima (Jim my ma)

Oh great. Whoopee for me *Eye roll*

Shut it JAM!

The sound of the bell ringing made me snap out of my thoughts.

I take my picture and stuff it in my bag then walk with the guys to our next classes.

*End of school*

“Why are we at the mall Bella?” I complain

“We are getting our dresses for the dance”

“What? Firstly you kidnap me after school without telling me why and where we are going and then you take me dress shopping? UGH!”

“Shut it Elizabeth. I want you to look awesome for Jasper” She winked.

I just rolled my eyes.

“It’s not even prom so I don’t see why you need to worry about a stupid dress for a small summer dance.”

“Look missy. We are getting you a dress, a nice simple short dress for the dance and that is that!”

After about an hour I still hadn’t found anything however Bella had picked this lovely green knee length dress and black high heels with a black bow necklace.

“Look let’s just go home ok? I can’t find a dress!”

“Wow wow wow wait!! Let’s just try this last shop ok?”

“Fine” I sigh.

We go in and look through the dress and just as I was about to give up one caught my eye. It was a simple knee length black dress with a bit of netting underneath and a black bow.

I tried it on and showed Bella.

“Aww that is perfect Eli!”

“Yeah I think so too”

I bought the dress with a necklace and a pair of black and red heels that Bella insisted I bought even though I will probably end up breaking my leg trying to walk in them.

Sigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eli's dress: Image