Status: Completed =]

A Love Like Ours Should Be Forbidden

A love like ours should be forbidden (23)

It’s the night before the school dance and while loads of girls are out doing last minute shopping, Bella and I are lying in my bed watching a movie and sharing Ben&Jerry’s ice cream.

“So tell me what happened with you and Jake the other day” Bella said.

I furrowed my brow as I looked at her, “What do you mean?”

“Oh come on don’t be like that. You two just happened to disappear from school the day right after you fainted. Then yesterday I see both of you sneaking glances at each other and blushing every time you make eye contact. Something has happened!” She stated.

“Ugh! Fine, I went to my thinking spot when I heard a noise and I went to find out what it was when I saw-”

Damn! I shouldn’t be telling her this. I promised Jasper.

“You saw?” Bella encouraged me to go on.

“Uh, I saw Jasper. He said he was looking for me and um we just talked for a while about stuff...” I trailed off.

Bella seemed like she didn’t believe me but let the subject drop anyway.

I wanted to tell her but I couldn’t, I mean it’s not my place to tell her about Jasper but then again she’s probably gonna find out sooner or later.

I let out a loud sigh while aggressively running my hand through my hair. “I told him the whole story. The truth about what I’m going to be”

Ever so slowly Bella turned her head to face me, staring wide eyed and mouth hanging open at me. “WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!”

I should have known she would act like this.

“No! I trust him and he deserved to know!”

“How does he?! You might as well tell the whole bloody world!”

“Ugh! HE’S A VAMPIRE TOO!” I scream.

I froze, I didn’t mean for that to come out. I only wanted to tell her that I told him! Ugh me and my big mouth.

Suddenly the tension in the room was so high I wish I never said anything. But you always do seem to say things and regret it later.

“Before you freak out, let me explain everything”

“Ok” She squeaked.

So I told her the whole truth about what happened the day Jasper Devlin and I mitched school.

“Wow” She breathed in slight shock.

“You have to promise not to tell anyone. Not even Jake!”

Once she recovered she looked at me with a genuine smile, “I promise”

“And I think I should tell you something else. You know how I sort of had a crush on Jasper?”

“You’re in love with him aren’t you?” She said smiling

“Yeah, I think I am”

“Elizabeth my love, I can’t wait to see you.” The same dark figure that has been haunting my nightmares was here tonight again slowly walking towards me but this time he was dressed in a tux. “Dance with me!” He demanded and suddenly everything was spinning around me. Flashes of different things happening all running through my mind. Jasper, Ally, cold wind outside with faint music, moonlight, then the sound of glass smashing and blood everywhere. “It’s time” He whispered and disappeared.

I woke up with a start gasping for air. I looked down to see Bella sleeping soundly beside me.

What the hell did all that mean?

And it’s time for what?

Something tells me that tonight at the dance, whoever this guy is; I’m going to meet him.

And something tells me, it’s not going to be pretty.