Status: Completed =]

A Love Like Ours Should Be Forbidden

A love like ours should be forbidden (38)

“So what you are trying to tell me is that Eli defeated Devlin?” Arthur asked for hmm let me think, the millionth time.

“Yes dad!” Ah so I wasn’t the only one getting agitated.

Arthur looked away from his son and turned his gaze to me. Not one tiny bit of hate or disappointment for killing his son swam in his eyes, instead they were filled with surprise, happiness and admiration as if he were looking at his own child.

“Then you are one hell of a fighter Eli!” He laughed patting me –rather hardly- on the back with the palm of his hand.

“Ha um thanks” I choked out.

“Well this causes for a celebration!” Rosalie stepped up “Elizabeth dear you do like champagne don’t you?”

Not waiting on an answer Mr. And Mrs. Devlin glided out of the room while Jad and Ben stayed behind.

“Huh for a chick you’re pretty cool” Jad said in his ‘cool’ monotone voice.

I glared at him, “Girls are not useless at everything you know!”

“Aww I’m so proud of my Lilybeth!” The 7 year old Ben cooed as he patted me on the leg.

I scowled down at him, “I’m not your Lilybeth”

“Chyeah not yet. Sooner or later babe you are gonna realise that you can not resist this.” He said with a smirk on his face as he motioned towards his small tiny stick thin body.

“Oh yeah Benny I so want you!” I said sarcastically using the nickname that he hated.

He narrowed his eyes at me and then suddenly had a smile on his face. “Actually I don’t mind you calling me Benny. It’s your little pet name for me and that is one way of pretty much saying ‘I am so into you’.”

I rolled my eyes “What ever you say”

“HA! See you didn’t deny it! You so want me but you can’t have me!”

I feigned sadness, “Why not?” I looked from the corner of my eye to see Jasper and Jad trying to hold in their laughter.

Ben looked temporarily stunned at my reply “D-do you want me?” He whispered.

Now I was having trouble stopping myself from going into a fit of laughter.

“Oh it’s too late now. I was gonna ask you out on a date but obviously you aren’t interested. I guess I’ll just have to ask someo-”

“NO!” He yelled interrupting me. “I’d like to go on a date with you” He smiled.

Wait, he smiled? No cheeky little smirk?

Oh god, I’m giving this kid false hope!

Ben walked out the door saying ‘I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 7” giving me a wink and left me stunned.

At this point Jad and Jasper were in hysterics on the floor just as Arthur and Rosalie came in with a large tray with glasses of champagne on it.

Without even asking I gulped at least 3 glasses down still shocked from the incident with Ben.

“Woah Eli hold back there!” Jad teased.

“Pfft no chance. I’m gona need this” I said taking more champagne as thoughts of me on a date with my boyfriend’s 7 year old brother flashed through my mind.

What have I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
I just love little Ben :D