Status: Completed =]

A Love Like Ours Should Be Forbidden

A love like ours should be forbidden (41)

I woke the next day to the suns rays warming the skin of my bare back. I turned my head to the left to notice I was snuggled against Jaspers chest with his arms wrapped securely around me.

I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks as the memory from last night was still vivid in my mind almost like I was reliving it.

I couldn’t believe it. I had to take several looks at my left hand to make sure that I was indeed engaged.

It was .. surreal. I couldn’t even put words together to form a sentence on what emotions I was feeling right now.

I just couldn’t get the massive grin off my face anyways.

“Morning you” A husky voice greeted from beside me.

Jasper with his cute bed hair put his arms on either side of me and looked down at me with so much love and adoration in his eyes, I thought I could faint.

“Morning” I whispered back smiling slightly. Jasper lent down to give me a quick kiss before getting out of the bed –still naked might I add which caused me to blush like mad- and put on some jeans before throwing me my underwear that he threw on the floor last night.

We quickly got dressed and headed downstairs hand in hand towards the dining room where we could hear the rest of the Devlin family eating breakfast.

“Morning kids” Both parents greeted us as we took seats with them.

Everyone round the table kept looking at eachother, smiling then looked at me expectantly.

“What..?” I trailed off before being pounced on –literally- by Rosalie.

“Ahh! You’re engaged! Omg I’m going to have a daughter-in-law!” She squealed.

I giggled as I got up off the floor dusting down my clothes.

Everyone else said congratulations and Ben being Ben had to make some sarcastic comment as per usual.

“You know babe, I don’t see what you would want to marry Jasper for. Just take a look at this. Look at what you’re missing out on. But you know what? I don’t care ‘cos I’m too hot for you to handle anyways plus I met a girl yesterday. She’s called Claire and she is smoking” Ben winked.

I rolled my eyes.

“You’ll never change will you?” I sighed.

“Um..” He paused, pretending to think as he put his finger to his chin “Nope” He grinned.

I ruffled his hair and Jasper took my hand leading me out of the room.

“I think it’s time we told your family the good news” He grinned with excitement swimming in his eyes.

“Sure” I agreed, a little nervous at what Dad (Smithy) would say.

*Van Helsink home*

“Dad? Jake?” I called out as I opened the front door with Jasper close behind.

“In the kitchen!” I heard Bella call.

Jasper grabbed my hand in encouragement as we walked through the kitchen door to see everyone sitting around eating.

“Everyone Jasper and I have some news” I said nervously.

Smithy seemed to notice my nervousness and narrowed his eyes slightly as he looked at Jasper.

“You aren’t pregnant are you?!” He demanded.

“Wh- NO!” I flushed.

“Oh um well sorry” He mumbled, embarrassed at accusing me of it.

“Well what is it sis?” Jake asked eagerly.

“I know I should have asked permission first Mr Van Helsink as that is normally tradition but I couldn’t wait any longer. Eli and I are..” Jasper trailed off looking at me to finish.

I held up my left hand to show of the engagement ring. “We’re getting married” I finished.

“About time!” Jake and Bella yelled together as they got up to hug us.

The last person left to face was Dad. I looked up at him to see his eyes filling with tears before he picked me up squishing me into a bear hug.

“My baby girl’s all grown up” He sniffed.

I laughed to myself.

He’s such an over protective father at times.