Status: Finished

Everyone Pretends They're Happy

Forget It All

‘‘Honey, we’ve missed you!’’ My mom cried as she opened the door to me. ‘‘And here’s your handsome man.’’ She said looking at Garrett. I’d decided since it had been a year since we got together, I’d take him home to New York to meet my parents. He was more than happy with the idea so there was no fuss.
‘‘Nice to finally meet you.’’ My dad said, coming to the door and shaking Garrett’s hand.
‘‘You too, sir.’’ Garrett replied. We all shared smiles and entered my old home.
I showed Garrett around, showed him my old room and neighbourhood. And reluctantly walked down the street Tyler lived on. He wanted to see where I’d grown up and I guess Tyler’s house was a big part to my past.
‘‘Evie, is that you?’’ I heard an all too familiar voice say.
‘‘Just keep walking, Garrett, we don’t need to talk to her.’’ I whispered and tried to drag him away.
‘‘No, lets prove to them you’ve moved on.’’ Garrett replied, pulling me back and making me turn to see Emily.
‘‘Oh my god, it is you.’’ She beamed, coming towards me with her pushchair. He looked about three now, and the double of Tyler. ‘‘How have you been? I haven’t saw you in like…forever.’’ She said as if nothing at all had happened three year ago.
‘‘Well, I wanted to get away from all the trouble I was going through here. New York…not the best place to find friends.’’ I smiled, making her twist uncomfortably.
‘‘Evie, wow, didn’t think I was going to see you again.’’ I heard Tyler say, then he came into view from behind Emily.
‘‘That’s Tyler? You’re not losing out on much.’’ Garrett whispered into my ear making me chuckle. He was very right.
‘‘Well, what a catch up this was, I’m going.’’ I quickly said and turned to walk away before Garrett stopped me again.
‘‘Don’t you have something to say?’’ Garrett said, looking at Tyler and Emily. They looked at each other, confused. ‘‘Maybe something along the lines of sorry?’’ Garrett then went on to say.
‘‘It was three year ago, I don’t think it means anything now.’’ Tyler piped up.
‘‘It would probably give some sort of closure. Maybe help Evie move on.’’ Garrett then said, not making things better. I didn’t want them to know they’d held something over me for so long.
‘‘I don’t want anything from them, Garrett. They deserve each other. I hope they’re happy, I just want to forget it all.’’ I replied, and pulled Garrett away, this time he walked with me.
‘‘I’m proud of you, you didn’t snap or fight.’’ Garrett said, and kissed the side of my head.
‘‘Trust me, I would have if you hadn’t walked away with me that time.’’ I told him, causing him to laugh.
‘‘Well, I’m proud all the same. Finally, you’ve confronted them and you can move on.’’ Garrett said.
‘‘Yes, you’re stuck with me forever now. Me and my crazy ways.’’ I grinned.
‘‘Wouldn’t have it any other way.’’ He beamed back.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was possibly the most lame ending in the world...but I’m sorry.
I couldn’t find anything else to put in this story and I lost all interest half way through. I didn’t want to force myself to write...because it turns out this bad, but I hate unfinished things.
hope you liked though...