He Could Be the One

He Could Be the One

Mina Jaegerjaquez sighed to herself as she stared out the window of her room, a small pouty look clearly showing on her near pale face. Her hand was placed against her cheek as she lazily leaned against it. Things had been pretty quiet in Las Noches the past few days, and she knew that all too well. Usually, things would be lively and more upbeat than it was at the moment, calm and eerily quiet. The reason behind its sudden silence was the young woman who stood staring out into the bleak sky that belonged to Hueco Mundo. Almost every day, Mina was always found singing or humming music she created or heard from the World of the Living. Everyone, even Tier Harribel and Coyote Starrk, enjoyed her beautiful voice, but no one could love as much as her elder brother, Grimmjow Jagerjaquez. In public, though, he would look as if he had no interest in his sister’s singing, but Mina knew him all too well. He may have looked tough on the outside, but on the inside, he loved every moment she created music with her own voice. However, even though Grimmjow could hear her sing almost every day and whenever he wanted, she mostly sang for Szayel Aporro Granz, the Octava Espada.

Mina’s bright blue eyes narrowed a bit as she removed her hand from her cheek as the thought of the pink haired Espada came to mind. She and Szayel were very good friends for a long time. They knew almost everything about one another, since they talked as much as Mina tried to. They were such good friends he did not mind when she came bursting through his lab doors happily and exclaim, “SZAY-SZAY!” She loved to annoy him while he was working on his experiments, since she enjoyed the expression he gave her. To her, the expression he gave her was utterly and undeniably…adorable. His amber eyes would narrow slightly and his shoulder-length pink hair would fall in his face as he turned his head toward her a bit, showing her that he was annoyed, but sent her a small, barely noticeable smile after another few moments. She would simply giggle at his face, while he returned to what he was doing. Not only did she enjoy being around him just to annoy him, but she loved being around him because he helped her make her music come to life.

Mina always wrote songs whenever she was in different moods. When she was happy, she would write something that was happy and upbeat. If she was sad, she would write something with words that would probably make even Aizen cry (but she doubted that entirely.) She loved to write music and create the music using Szayel’s computer, something she figured out how to do when looking around the World of the Living one day. She enjoyed looking for the kind of instruments that suited her emotions, put it all together into one big song, bring her words to life, and make them have true feelings. She wrote songs for many of her emotions, and knew just what to write and how to right them depending on how she felt. Unfortunately, there just so happened to be one emotion she could not bring herself to write, something she could not fully feel in order to create the music she truly loved to hear once it came to life.

That emotion was love.

Although she was able to feel almost every other emotion known, she could never actually felt the feeling of love in her life. Of course, she could say she loved her brother and would do anything to keep him safe, but it was not the love she thought about. Instead, it was the kind of love a person felt toward someone that was not family, more or less a soul mate kind of idea. Never in her life had she actually felt love toward anyone she laid eyes on. However, there were people who were interested in her, but they were more interested in her body than her heart and soul. She did understand what it meant to be in love, and asking other people would not be the same as actually feeling it within her body and experiencing the emotion herself. Well, that was what she thought until that day actually came.

After two years, Mina suddenly started having strange feelings for the Octava Espada. She did not tell anyone, including her own brother, about how she felt toward her close, scientist friend. The reason was because she did not even know what it was herself. It started to frustrate her greatly as she scanned through all of the music she ever wrote, only to come up with nothing but a big blank. When nothing came up in her music, she started going through all of the emotions she ever felt to see if something was triggered. Days went by as she continued to think about what emotion she felt toward Szayel, and still nothing seemed to come to mind. A week later, she was on the verge of just giving up, when she realized something, something important. She realized there was one emotion, one essential emotion, she never wrote a song for due to the fact she never actually felt toward anyone. When she decided to give it a try, the emotion fit perfectly to what she felt. She finally realized she had fallen in love with Szayel.

Mina sighed as she made her way to her bed and sat down, her short, light blue hair lightly flowing behind her a bit. Although happy about finally being able to love, she feared mentioning the idea to Szayel or anyone else. She feared someone would open their big mouth and accidentally tell him, or he would figure it out when she showed him the song she wrote. Not only that, but Grimmjow, being the big brother he was, would be up her ass about it, questioning who the guy was and threaten to kill him if she got hurt. As thoughtful as it was, Mina really did not want Szayel to get hurt just because Grimmjow wanted to warn him. Besides, if she told him who she liked, he would definitely approach him anyway and warm him not to hurt her, which would ultimately give away the fact Mina was falling for him. She loved Grimmjow like the brother he was, but she did not want him opening his big mouth and telling Szayel about how she felt.

"I don’t know what to do anymore…” She said to herself, closing her eyes. “I wanna a write a song about him, but I don’t want him thinking it’s for him.”-A pause-“Well, in a way, it would be about him, but that’s not the point. I don’t want him to know just yet, not unless I really know that he could really be the one for me…" Suddenly, a thought ran through her mind, causing her blue eyes to shoot open and make her sit up. “I got it...” A smiling forming on her lips as words that told exactly what she was feeling began rapidly coming to her mind. She imagined the song with a some rock, but with a hint of country, and at the same time, it had that hint of showing her feelings. "I gotta write this down!" She exclaimed in a low tone, running to the desk she had, grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, and quickly wrote down the words as they came to mind, a huge smile running across her face.

Hours Later…

"I hope he doesn't come around," she muttered as she snuck into Szayel’s lab, quietly closing the door after she looked around in search of him. She was, luckily, able to sneak on into Szayel's lab while he was gone, most likely to one of those meetings with Aizen, and unlock the door with a spare key she made for herself (also when he was not around). She hoped the meeting would last long enough for her to record her song, burn it to a CD, and get out of there as fast as she could so it would seem like nothing had happened. She did not want Szayel to hear her newly written song just yet, since she was still on edge about him figuring out her feelings for him. When the time is right, she told herself, I’ll show it to him. I just hope it doesn’t ruin our friendship.

Once she reached the computer, she took a seat on the chair that was nearby and clicked on the little symbol on the desktop, bringing up the music maker she downloaded who knows how long ago. It had everything she needed on it, from triangles to full-blown orchestras. It was a good thing Szayel installed a recorder into the piece of crap as well, or else she would be unable to make any of her music. She clicked on a few symbols and quickly put them in the measures, instruments she felt were perfect for the song. Usually, she would have Szayel do this kind of stuff (not that she was not able to so herself), but since he was not here at the moment, she had to do this herself. After a few minutes, (she was pretty fast when it came to figuring out how she wanted the music to played), she finally got it all set up just the way she wanted it. A smile slowly appeared on her face as she slowly slipped out the piece of paper filled with verses of her newly made song. There were some crossed out words and notes, but all in all, it was perfect in her eyes. She took a deep breath and let it out before lying down on the desk.

"Here it goes..." She muttered to herself. Then, she pressed the recording button and the play button. The music started to play instantly, starting into a mini guitar solo before the band came in. Now that it had started, there was no going back.

Smooth talkin'
So rockin'
He's got everything that a girl's wantin'
Guitar Cutie
He plays it groovy!
And I can't keep myself from doing something stupid
Think I'm really fallin' for his smile
Get butterflies when he says my name


The music sounded truly amazing to her as she sang the first verse of the song. She found herself smiling the entire time, and it never faded from her lips. Memories of past events like this came to mind, and she remembered she always smiled when she sang the song, her song, and brought it to life. She felt alive, fully truly alive, and sometimes she wanted to just start dancing. Unfortunately, if she did that while recording, it would have been messed up. However, usually after she was finished with it entirely, she would play it again and then start dancing, singing the song once again and laughing at the odd, yet funny looking expressions Szayel gave to her. She did not care, for she was happy to know her music was all-real and she created the words, the lyrics, herself

As she continued to sing the song, she had a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, almost as if someone was there watching her the whole time.

He's got something special (2x)
And when he's lookin' at me I want to get all sentimental
He's got something special (2x)
I can hardly breathe
Something's telling me, telling me
Maybe he could be the one
He could be the one (5x)


Szayel Aporro Granz silently watched Mina as she sang her, leaning against the doorframe of his oddly unlocked door (he had locked it before he left just in case). His head unconsciously moved lightly with the beat of the music. It had been such a long time since he heard that beautiful voice of hers, even if a long time was only a few days. He missed it so much, and thought he would never see her again unless it was out in the halls and with her protective older brother. He always asked her what her next song would be about, and she told him he had to wait, since she did not know herself. Only time would tell, she said. He smiled to himself and simply listened to her sing the next verse. Looks like she had come back, he thought, but why come when I was not around?

He's lightning
Sparks are flyin'
Everywhere I go he's always on my mind and
I'm going crazy
About him lately
And I can't help myself from how my heart is racing
Think I'm really diggin' on his vibe
He really blows me away!


"Why do I have the feeling this was written for me," Szayel muttered softly, but not loud enough to disturb the beautiful singing coming from Mina. His eyes navigated away from her for a moment as his heart sped up a bit at the thought.

He always had a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach and in his heart whenever he was around her or listening to her beautiful voice. He felt as if butterflies were suddenly released when she spoke to him, especially when she called him by his supposed pet name. Every laugh made his heart skip a beat, every giggle made him smile ever so slightly, every hug she gave him made his face heat up from a shade that matched his hair to a shade that matched his own blood. She was intoxicating, an addiction, her voice was like a shot of heroine. He always wanted more, always wanted to hear it. As strange as it was to think of it that way, he loved having that feeling. He always wanted to feel it whenever he was with her, whenever he heard her in the hallways. Hell, he wanted her all of the time.

He's got something special (2x)
And when he's lookin' at me I want to get all sentimental
He's got something special (2x)
I can hardly breathe
Something's telling me, telling me
Maybe he could be the one
He could be the one (5x)


While she was singing, she unconsciously got up out of her seat and placed her hands on the back of the chair, swaying her hips a bit. She could not help but enjoyed every second of it, and she could not help but at least dance to it a little. It had been so long since she actually had the chance to sing like this, even if it had been only a few days. She could not think of anything to write, for she did not know exactly know what she was feeling whenever she thought about the Octava Espada. That is, until now. She felt happy and excited to know she was back in the game, happy to finally figure out what she was actually feeling and write it all down before it disappeared forever, happy to know how she truly felt about her long time friend. Her smile grew a bit more as the beat lightened up for a brief moment.

And he's got away
Of making me feel
Like everything I do is
Perfectly fine
The stars are aligned when I'm with him
And I'm so into him


It was at that moment she realized she really loved Szayel. It was like a door had finally opened to her, letting her know her feelings were all real and all true. She wanted to spend the rest of her life in his arms, knowing his feeling would be returned to her in the same manner. Now, she no longer feared the idea of him knowing the whole truth, knowing she loved him. She wanted to say it and get it off her chest, let him know how she really felt about him and pray he felt the same way. She would not have written the song for him if she did not really, truly want him to hear it himself. However, first things first, she thought to herself, I have to finish the song. Afterwards, then I’ll tell him and whole, honest, and undeniable truth about my feelings.

He's got something special (2x)
And when he's lookin' at me I want to get all sentimental
He's got something special (2x)
I can hardly breathe
Something's telling me, telling me
Maybe he could be the one
He could be the one (5x)


The moment the music stopped playing, Mina slowly slumped into the seat, panting a bit from singing the whole song without stopping and barely taking breaths. She quickly stopped recording and smiled to herself, knowing the song was perfect in every way possible and she did not have to try again. She knew there was no way she would have the remake the song, knowing it was right the first time through. Her smile grew a bit more as she started to burn the song onto the blank CD she brought with her, knowing she still had to get out of there before Szayel came back. "I can't wait to show you, Szayel..." She said. "I...I love you…"-A pause-“I hope I don’t stutter when I tell him…”

"So, the song was for me." She jumped out of her seat and turned to notice a casual looking Szayel leaning against the door with his arms across his chest, a sly smirk written on his face as she stared at him in shock and a blush forming on her face. So much for being confident, she thought.

"S-Szayel! H-how long where you here?" He chuckled at her innocence.

"I was here for…”-He faked a look that made him seem like he thought about it-“most of the song." Her eyes widened, her face burning up even with shock and embarrassment. For the first time in her life, she was actually embarrassed to know Szayel heard her music, but how he felt about it was a mystery.

"S-so...you heard…you heard what I said...?" She asked him, swallowing hard and hoping, praying he did not and was just messing with her. His smirk changed to a smile as he pushed himself off the doorframe and walked toward her.

"Yes, in fact, I did." He told her, one arm slowly snaking around her waist and pulling her close to him. Her face flushed a bright red as he continued, "and I'd like to respond...with something of my own."

Before she could say anything else, his lips crashed into hers, bringing her into a sweet, bliss filled kiss. Her eyes widened with much more shock than ever before in her entire life. He could sense this and he smirked in the kiss, holding back a chuckle. However, she was not shocked he was kissing her. She was shocked to find out he really did have feelings for her as she did for him. All this time, she thought she would be rejected, and somewhere in the back of her mind, she thought she wrote the song for nothing. She thought he did not feel the same way about her. Now, all of her worries seemed to disappear into thin air. In a simple kiss, her fears were completely gone, vanished into nothing...but happiness.

Once she remembered what was going on, her eyes slowly closed as her arms slowly wrapped around his neck, deepening the kiss further. Although it was actually her first kiss, she had a pretty good idea as to what to do. His free arm slowly made its way around her waist, causing her to shiver slightly. After a few minutes, he was already licking her lower lip, begging for entrance from the female Jagerjaquez. She smirked slightly and refused to let him in, teasing him as she had playfully done in the past. She heard him growl slightly in annoyance as he pulled back and began kissing her neck. She giggled lightly for a brief, laughing as she annoyed him once again, but soon found herself trying to hold back the urge to moan, since he already found her soft spot. His hands slowly began moving from her waist and up her back, yet she continued to hold back the urge. She was not going to let him have his way, something she learned and took off from her brother, and would have attempted to become a bit more dominant…

…if said brother did not decide to ruin the moment.

"Keep moving your hands and watch what'll happen…" Both quickly released each other as they saw Grimmjow leaning against the doorframe of the lab, his eyes like daggers as he stared at the Octava Espada. Mina's jaw dropped as her face flushed a dark shade of red, shocked to know he had been standing there for who knows how long. Szayel simply chuckled at the sight of the Sexta.

"Grimmjow, there is no need to be so overprotective of your little sister,” he said, walking towards the blushing Mina and pulling her into his arms once more. "She doesn't need you watching her all the time anymore, you know. And besides,"-he paused-“she’s in good hands.” Grimmjow's eyes narrowed slightly at the pink haired scientist. Mina tried to smile, but it was more of a "Don't kill him, Grimmjow" smile than a genuine one.

"It's okay, Grimmjow," she said, her voice shaking slightly (since Szayel was hugging her and she was worried her brother would kill the man she loved). "He has a point, you know." His eyes immediately darted to his younger sister, yet she did not fear the look she gave him. It was one anyone older, protective brother would give their younger sister.

"And what makes you say that," he asked her. Mina looked up at Szayel for a brief moment, staring into his amber eyes, before looking back at her brother with a real smile on her face.

"I think he could be the one…" Was all she said before hugging her new boyfriend. Grimmjow simply rolled his eyes, muttering a small “Gross…” in the process.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to edit this story because the old one did not looke very good and thought it needed to be revamped a bit.