Status: complete

A Night to Remeber

1/1

Shivering with the coldness of night, I walked the across a lamp lighted street. Everything ids dark and lonely. I didn't know why I was here or even where was I. The only thing I know is that someone is following me. I turned to look who it was but I didn't see anyone. I ran faster for the fear is creeping up to my shoulders. As I ran faster I can feel my follower coming close behind. Then I felt a sudden pull. He's got me! I can feel his grip tightening around my arm. My blood can't get through his grip causing me so much pain that I already screamed for help. I struggled to free my self but the suspect is to strong for me. He reached and grabbed the knife in his back pocket and said something I couln

Mom: "Emma, Emma, wake up your dreaming! Wake up Emma!

I shot up in bed, embracing my mother as tight and secure as I can with my face marked with tears.

Emma: "Mom, someone's been following me. It pulled me and hurt my, my..."

I sobbed.

Mom: "Calm down. I'm here. You're safe now."

I kept my arms around her and she was patting my shoulder sweetly. She kissed my forehead to let me know she's still there.

Emma: "Okay."

***

After that night, I can't seem to fall asleep. I'm always frightened to be in that creepy dark place again. It has this feeling into it. The feelings of sadness, depression and failure. All the things you're afraid of, even your old nightmares comeback when you're in that place. I never want to go back there. Never!

***

Because of sleepless nights, my grades came crashing to the ground. Even lower. I'm always out of my mind. Always going to the bathroom to wash my face just to keep me from falling asleep in class. And always saying things that are unrelated to the topic being discussed. I became a failure ate everything I did. My friends all left me because of my sleepiness. I was now both a failure and lonely.

***

I'm here again. I feel a sudden rush of coldness wrap around me. Slowly climbing up my spine. Why am I here again? I tried closing my eyes and pinching myself to wake up but it's no use. It's real. All of these are real. Every fear and loneliness is real. I'm not dreaming! Then I heard those familiar footsteps. Footsteps that vibrate softly in the ground. Footsteps that scare you just by hearing them. Oh no! I thought. Without much thought of who's the owner of the footsteps, I ran as fast as I could. While running I take a look back to see if my chaser is still following me. For a while I saw nothing but pure darkness but then a man in a black cape rose and ran after me. I was tired and my knees hurt so much that I slowed down but still ran.

A hand pulled me by the arm and stopped me from running. He grabbed my hands and started to choke me.I started to kick and punch him whenever I had the chance. I struggled some more to get his big hands off my neck but he was too strong. Luckily a mailman was passing by and he knocked down my attacker using his mailbag. It took him ten big hits to knock the attacker. Eeven the mail man looked scared of what's going to happen next. We called 199 and asked for help. The hlp they sent came about forty minuted after the call.

That about was two years ago. My attackers identity was revealed, he was my biology teacher. I didn't know why, but he had a grudge against me and my family. Thanks to that mail man I am still breathing today. We formed a very nice nice relationship. My parents never stopped thanking him for what he did and we always invited him to our house. I met all his children and became best friends with his oldest son. I always kept in touch with them they with me.

I will never ever forget that man and what happened. That night is surely a night to remember always and forever.