Status: updates coming very soon! (:

And She's Got Lips Like Morphine

/11

Brooke
*
I woke up around four o'clock in the morning, and I woke because of worry. As I searched the darkness, my mind came into place and I realized that the true person I was searching for was right beside me. I laid my head back down, and I snuggled into Oli's arm, that my head was rested on before. He subconsciously ran his fingers through my hair, and turned to lay on his side and hold me with his other arm. He pulled me in closer to him, and I realized he had been awake. He kissed my forehead before running his hand across my bare back.

"Go back to sleep, love," Oli said, his voice was hushed, and as he rubbed my back, I began to relax. He hummed a bar from a lullaby, and my eyes closed moments later.

*

I awoke before Oli. It was eight in the morning, now. After slipping Oli's T-shirt on, I got up and walked to the bathroom, where I brushed my teeth and combed my hair. I returned into the loft and walked through our doorway and into the kitchen. I put on some tea, and minutes after it was done, I heard Oli yawn from the loft, then the padded footsteps. I turned around to find a groggy looking Oli, only wearing his black and gray boxers.

"Tea?" I asked, getting my mug from the cupboard and holding my pose. After replying with a slow, yes, I took out a black mug. I poured tea into both the mugs and put sugar and milk into mine. I turned and slid Oli his mug across the island where he took his seat. I leaned on the counter, and held my mug with both hands.

"I'm going to talk to Destiny today," I announced, "and I'll ask her if she'll be alright without me.. I've considered coming with you." He smiled, and sipped his tea. "Oh really now, love?" he said, after wetting his throat with the tea. "Of course, I mean, if you still want me to." he nodded. "Brooke, I don't want to leave yeh 'ere. Of course I want yeh to come!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Blaise
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Destiny woke up with a major hangover. She woke up before me, and I found her already in the bathroom, showered and blow drying her silky hair. I walked into the bathroom and smiled at her.

"Morning beautiful." I greeted. She smiled, and turned off the blow dryer.

"I'm so so sorry, Blaise. I got a text from Brooke this morning, well, not too long ago, saying she wanted me to meet me at the cafe on 5th. She said it was urgent. I had fun. I'd really like to do it again." she said, turning to me and placing a smooth hand on my chest. I smiled.

"Chill, baby, it's all good." I replied, over exaggerating the slang. She smiled back at me. "But seriously, so early? I hope we can get together some time this week." I said. she nodded.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brooke
*
After Oli left, I took a shower and got dressed. I texted Destiny before, and she said she would meet up with me at the cafe me and her loved. It was a few blocks away, and I had about fifteen minutes before she'd be there. I left and started walking down the street a few minutes later. When I arrived, she was waiting outside for me. I smiled, "Hey Des," I said, and we walked inside.

"I've got a very important question for you, Des." I began. "I know you think I'm rushing things, but I was set up with a proposal last night. Oli, he wants me to go on tour with him. They leave in a month. He hasn't told me specific locations, but I really want to go. I know that you hate when I leave, but I promise I'll bring my mac. We can video chat, I'll update you on everything!" Destiny's expression was illegible. Moments later, her head began to shake. I didn't understand.

"No, Brooke. I'm not going to let you go. You can't go with him. We're best friends... and I can't let you be away for long periods of time.... I just can't." she said. I bit into my lip, I was beginning to get pissed.

"I'm not a fucking baby, Destiny. You can't hold me back forever, best friends or not, I'm going to go with him." I stated, trying to make myself clear.

I knew why Destiny was so protective of me. We were friends since before we could even speak. My mom was her mom's best friend. But when I was kicked out of my house at fifteen, Destiny's mom took me in. Since then, we've been closer than sisters. I never understood why my mom kicked me out. The reason was probably that I could never be the perfect angel she thought I could be. I had two younger sisters, and they were angels all together. I couldn't be like them.

I scowled. Destiny covered her face with her hands. As I stormed out of the cafe, I texted Oli.

It went great. When do we leave(:
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohh, surprise? Comments!