Status: updates coming very soon! (:

And She's Got Lips Like Morphine

/08

Destiny
- - - - - - - - - -

"I'll see you guys in the morning!" I bade my coworkers goodbye at six o'clock sharp. Brooke had taken off earlier that day for her date with Oli and I had spent my day catching up on homework and chores in between my shifts. Tonight was a rare occasion, I was going out without Brooke. I could hardly wait since the only thing, well, person on my mind all day had been Blaise. I only wished she could have come home sooner than planned so she could help me choose my outfit. I pulled out my cellphone as I walked to my car and dialed her cellphone number. She didn't answer and I knew she did it on purpose, so I hung up and called again. I kept calling and getting her voice mail until she finally picked up.

"BROOKE! Answer the damn," I stopped short when I heard the other end click. She had picked up.

"God, what!?" she sighed into the receiver of her phone. I grinned in triumph as I unlocked the driver's side door and climbed inside the small car.

"Yes, Destiny?" she asked when I didn't say anything at first.

"Brooke, I know you're on a date and all, but I really need your help picking out an outfit for tonight. Ooh, better yet, tell Oli to buy me something!" I pleaded with her, then brightened up at my idea.

"No. Destiny, we talked about this! No, no, bitch! I won't do it." she said over my explanation.

"Why the hell not! You said yourself he was rich, dammit! Tell him or I will!" I argued right back.

"No, you won't. Go look in my closet, I'm sure there's something of mine you haven't worn." she turned her face away and hissed into the phone. Oli lounged in his seat across from her with his arms on the back of the booth.

"Wanna bet? How much you wanna bet I'll tell him? OLI!" I yelled his name into my end, forcing Brooke to have to hold the phone away from her ear in order to keep her hearing in her left ear.

"What is it, love?" he asked her when she flashed him an embarrassed smile. Brooke covered the speaker with her hand.

"Destiny wants me to ask you to buy her something. You don't have to, of course, and I don't want you to. She just won't shut up." Brooke barked the last two words so I could hear her. I rolled my eyes as I drove.

"Bitch, I can hear you." I snapped. I heard a deeper voice that was Oli's, but couldn't understand. It sounded like he was leaning in my favor when Brooke replied.

"Are you sure, Oli?" she asked him.

"If it makes you 'appy, love," he told her with his now adorable accent. I liked him, and not only because he bought me stuff.

"This is it, Des. Got it? I'm not doing this again. Be ready to go by eight, I'll bring the clothes to you," she told me just as I was walking into our apartment. I laughed in glee and hung up the phone. I sprinted for my room after dropping my purse and keys on the couch.

"Sorry about that. I really am. Destiny is crazy sometimes." Brooke apologized for me to Oli. He chuckled and tucked her tiny frame under his arm as they walked.

"Okay, you can wear flats or heels. Which do you want?" Brooke laid out the clothes she brought me. Blaise was way taller than me, so I chose heels for a little boost. I'd showered and fixed my hair before she got here. It took me only a few minutes to put on the dark skinny jeans and black halter top she got. The halter had curling silver designs on the front and it matched with my heels. A little bit of glitter spray for my body and hair with a tiny bit of makeup and I was ready. It was almost nine.

"Hey, Oli. Thanks, Oli, Bye, Oli." I said in one breath as I hurried and grabbed my keys and purse from next to him and hurried for the door. He had just raised his hand to wave as the door snapped shut.

"I like her. She's entertaining," Oli mused as Brooke sat next to him. She smiled. It took me longer to get to Neon because of some stupid celebrity function, but I managed in plenty of time.

Back two nights in a row, Des? Where's Bee?" Brian asked when I approached the entry. He had his own nickname for her.

"She had a date tonight." I told him with a smile as he waved me in. A quick scan of the room and no Blaise, so I went to the bar. I really needed to relax.

"Give me anything." I sighed to the man behind the counter. He passed me a glass half full of Bacardi I recognized the flavor. After a few sips of that and a random ass shot someone passed me, I felt two hands slide around my waist.

"Hello, Destiny.," his voice whispered in my ear, making me shiver despite the warm temperature in the room. i smiled as I turned so I could face him and lean against the bar.

"I'm glad you came," I greeted him. He smirked as he took in my outfit. I gasped when he suddenly pulled me against his body.

"Did you miss me?" he asked me. I should have been worried or even a tiny bit scared. Not even guys I had known since high school ever got this close, yet this stranger had torn down the walls the first time he flashed me that sexy smirk.

"I'd say it was you who missed me," I countered confidently. That smirk became more pronounced.

"Come with me," he said before pulling me into the crowd of people.

Oli
- - - - - - - - - -

"Tell me more 'bout yehself, love." I said to Brooke as we sat on her tiny sofa in her living room. She had curled up under and blanker and her arms wrapped around her knees.

"What else is there to know? I've told you just about everything. My favorite scary movie is the Chucky series." she replied with a smile. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"A doll?" I questioned her. Her head tilted back as she laughed, exposing her creamy skin...

"It's not just a doll, Oli. That thing is fucked up. He won't die!" she argued playfully. My hair fell into my eyes when I chuckled and time seemed to slow down as she reached forward. For a moment, I thought I saw her hesitate. Then, light as a feather, she brushed the black strands away. Her blue eyes strayed to the tattoos on my neck.

"Tell me about you tattoos," she said in a quiet voice. I started with the letter on my knuckles and worked my way up.

"Have you any ink?" I asked her. She smiled and that dimple in her cheek showed.

"No, I was too scared when Destiny got hers.She has one on her back," she told me. I nodded and my thoughts were only about how soft her lips would feel as I kissed her. Ever so slightly, I leaned toward her. She scooted closer and waited right before our lips met in the second(or third) kiss since we met. I kissed her with enough force that it left both of us breathless. She grinned at me and we kissed again. Carefully, I moved so I was leaning over her. Her arms linked behind my neck and I smiled down at her. This has to be what heaven feels like.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so here you go! Another chapter done by me, Claire! haha, enjoy it and let us know what you think! [: