Status: Active

Gorgeous In a Way.

Gorgeous In a Way 09; by Jez Heroin

Ronnie's POV

After Max's parents got back, there didn't seem to be much hope of doing anything with Max, but his mom invited me to stay for dinner, and it would have been rude to refuse. Even though most of the time I couldn't be bothered with politeness I always put it on for my mates parents. Pretty much everyone in our part of town knew my reputation as a total bad kid, I didn't see why I should give them what they wanted. Max's parents were cool anyway.

So yeah, we just sat in Max's room for a while, holding hands and talking about random shit or, sometimes just sitting quietly. It sounds horribly romantic, but it wasn't really like that, it was just really nice.

About half an hour after we'd finished dinner, I made an excuse to leave. I really didn't want to, but my dad would be mad if I was home late on a school night.

Max walked down to the end of his parents drive with me.

"Looking forward to Bryan's brother's party tonight then?" Max asked, stopping as we got to the pavement.

"Oh. Yeah. To be honest, I actually forgot all about it," I grinned. "D'you wanna skip school and do another rehearsal?"

"Can't," he shook his head ruefully. "I've got some test to do tomorrow." I rolled my eyes...I'd forgotten how annoying Max's year was about tests and stuff. It had been the same for me when I was 16 though, and there wasn't much we could do about it.

"You suck," I told him. "Alright, I'm skipping anyway, there's no point now me and Sophie aren't dating."

"What about me?" he pouted. "You could make the effort just to see me, you know. After all, you did kiss me earlier on."

"Aww, Max...quit confusing me," I groaned, running my fingers through my hair. "You've got Nic - and if we start making out at school, everyone'll freak out and start fucking us about. Not that I regret kissing you, but we can't show it."

"Yeah, I know, I know. Alright, well, call me sometime," he sighed, and turned to go back inside. I grabbed his arm.

"Where d'you think you're going, Maxwell?"

"Oh...yeah, 'course," he smiled and kissed me quickly. "I gotta go in, my parents might think I've sneaked out or something. And with this test tomorrow..."

"Fuck the stupid test," I growled in frustration. "Right, cool. See ya then."

" 'Bye, Ronnie....I-I love you," he called as I began walking down the pavement. I turned to reply but he was already heading back inside.

__

The next morning, I was woken by my alarm going off. I sat up and stared tiredly at it, then shrugged, turned it off and glanced around. I'd fallen asleep sitting up in bed, watching a film on my brother Jake's laptop, so my head and neck were now killing me.
The laptop had apparently shut down sometime in the night, so I closed it, put it on the floor, took my jeans off and got back into bed, meaning to go back to sleep.

I didn't get long to try though; a few minutes later, the door flew open and my second oldest brother Danny walked in.

"Aha, you're awake," he grinned, grabbing Jake's laptop and pulling my covers off with his other hand. "Time for school, bitch."

"Fuck off, Danny," I groaned, closing my eyes again. "I'm not going today. Tell dad I'm sick or something...whatever."

"Dad's kinda pissy at you," Danny smirked, sitting down on the edge of my bed. "He thinks you're gay cause you spend so much time with Max." I sat up straight and stared at my brother in disbelief.

"He what?!? Oh man...I don't believe this. I break up with Sophie not even twenty four hours ago, I go over to hang out with Max and all of a sudden I'm gay? What the fuck, dude? How does that even work out?"

"I dunno," Danny shrugged, still smirking a bit. "You have been acting really weird recently though. Anything you wanna tell me, bro?"

"No!" I insisted sharply, falling back onto the mattress. "I'm not gay, period. End of discussion. Can I have a smoke?"

"Whatever," he drawled, tossing me a pack of malboros. I pulled a face; I hated smoking malboros.

"I'm still not going to school," I told him, rolling over and fishing about in my jeans pocket for my lighter. "There's no point. I'm failing in pretty much everything anyway."

"Including seducing Max?" Danny giggled, jumping up and wandering out of the room. "Althouth that might reassure dad..."

"FUCK OFF," I yelled, jumping up and slamming the door behind him. Deep down I was kinda worried though, I mean, if my dad gets pissy about just thinking I'm gay...what will happen when he finds out about me and Max?

Was just two kisses even enough to account for "me and Max"?
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback? :)