Status: AP is taking alot out of me... so chapter are being made... slowly

The Chronicles of Robert Scott

Lola

After he got washed up and made his bed, Robert just stared at a picture. Robert and Robbie were standing in front of Robert's home. Robert was tall, but Robbie was just a few inches taller. Robert had straight , dark hair while Robbie had curly , blond hair. Their eye color as just as different. Robert's eyes were brown and Robbie's were blue. They both smiled friendly warm smiles. The best friends both looked straight into the camera.

How will I get through these boring classes for the rest of the year, Robert thought, Rachel is only in one of my classes and in the same lunch period.

Rachel was another friend of Robert and Robbie. Although she was not as fun and as mischievous as they were, she was the smartest student of their class. That was the main reason why that she had only one class with Robert and Robbie.

Realizing that school began in an hour, Robert threw on his back pack and head on down stairs. As soon as he got downstairs, he found Annie at the door with a girl who looked to be a couple inches shorter that he was. She also had the same eye and hair color as him.

"Good morning, Robert," Annie said in a singsong voice.

"Hello, Robert," said the girl.

"Good morning, Annie. Hello," he answered. This must have been the person that Annie wanted him to meet. "I don't want to be rude, but who are you.

Annie threw a nasty look at Robert. Robert got the message.

"Robert, this is Lola Thomas," Annie said, "Principal Thomas's daughter. She just moved here."

Lola stepped inside . Her hair was quite long, but a little messy. She looked very friendly.

"My dad says that your family and him are really great friends," Lola explained, " So, he asked Mrs. Scott if you could escort and help me around the school for this week. My dad is getting a surprise ready for the school, so that's why he arranged this."

Something was not registering to Robert. However, he would have to ask Lola when they were not in Annie's presence. He was sure that she would scold him.

"Yeah that's fine. I could introduce you to my other friend," said Robert.

Annie glance at the clock. " You guys got to go now!" she exclaimed, " Otherwise you might be late!"

With that, Robert and Lola left the house with Annie waving to them. When Robert looked back, he saw Annie walk back into the house.

"So," Robert started, "what do you think about Angel Falls?"

"Small," she answered.

"Do you like Angel Falls?"

Lola just looked at Robert. No answer. No reply. Just a serious look. They kept walking in silence for a few moments.

"You don't care what I think about Angel Falls," Lola finally replied.

They walked past Angel Bank, the only bank company in Angel Falls, Nováberg, and Crestiville. Usually, Robert would withdraw twenty dollars from his account to spend on for lunch, other school things, and after school. Today, since he had no time to get any money, he decided that he was going to skip lunch.

"Ask me what you really wanted to know," Lola said.

Robert knew that this was not going to end good.

"Mr. Thomas never mentioned that he had a daughter," Robert stated.

"My father doesn't talk about me... ever since..."

Lola looked like she was at a lost with her words. She could not finish her sentence.

"Ever since what?" Robert tried asking.

Lola snapped out of her blankness. "Well it's none of your business!"

Robert tried something different. " Then why did you move here? The school year is close to being over."

"It's a family thing!" she snapped, " Why do you call your mom by her first name?"

" That's none of your business either!"

"Well if you don't open up to me, how do you expect me to open up to you?"

Robert did not expect this outcome. They had reached the school. The breakfast bell had rang. Breakfast was free and Robert was not going to miss his chance to eat.

" Let me see your schedule," Robert commanded. Lola willingly gave it to him. Robert took out his schedule and compare them. " We have a few classes together. So-"

"You think I still need you?" Lola interrupted, "My dad suggested this. I don't need a babysitter. I can handle my own affairs."

She started to walk off into the school before Robert grabbed her arm.

"I promised Annie that I would help you. I am not breaking that promise just because you want to play the role as Ms. Independent."

Lola opened her mouth to say something, but as quickly as she opened it, she closed it. She got her arm out of Robert's grasp and she enter the school. Robert followed suit. He got into the main hallway of the school until he saw a familiar face.

"Hey, Robert! Long time, no see!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe!