Status: On hold

Because Love Is the Slowest Form of Suicide

Punk Bitch

Ellie awoke with a smirk as her alarm clock rang loudly in her ear. Her favorite song, Punk Bitch by 3Oh!3, was blasting and she loved it. She began to scream her lungs out to the lyrics and her step-mom banged on her door loudly.

“El, shut up!” Ellie could only laugh at the red head who she knew was fuming on the other side of her door. She wasn’t scheduled to wake up for another hour to take her to the train station for yet another year at Hogwarts, but Ellie just liked to torture her.

She continued to pour her heart into the beat as she danced around her room that she knew she had to leave. She would miss waking up her fat pig of a step-mom to piss her off. Sure, her step-mom was far from being thought of as a fat pig – she wasn’t a malnourished muggle supermodel for nothing – but her personality was gross, like a pig. Plus, jabbing at her self esteem was just too much fun to deny.

Her father only married her a few years ago and due to his constant business trips, he failed to see how she really was. Ellie hopped in her bathroom to slick on black eyeliner and shiny silver eye shadow. She let her blonde locks free from the bun she had slept in, letting them fall over in waves on her back. With a smile, she twirled a lock of green hair around her fingers. Her best friend Adonna had given her green streaks during their previous year and she had kept them in.

Afterwards, she checked her suitcases one last time to make sure that she had everything she needed. Satisfied, she slipped on her clothes. On the first day, she loved to wear green to represent her house…Slytherin. She never fitted in with the general Slytherin population, but she was friends with the well-known Slytherin Royalty.

Looking at herself in her full-length mirror, she smiled. A green and grey striped V-neck with sleeves reaching her elbow, dark skinny jeans, and black flats would do for her return. With a laugh, she could only imagine Adonna’s outfit. She was quite…expressive when it came to her clothing.

With her bags levitating behind her, she skipped downstairs and made herself waffles lathered in maple syrup. Adonna gave her the recipe after one of her many trips to America and Ellie instantly loved it.

Her step-mom, Sophia, was ready to go. She never understood magic but she dealt with it, as she surprisingly loved Ellie’s dad. Of course, she still never approved of it being used around her by Ellie. She would either smack her or yell at her.

“I don’t understand how you can eat that junk…” Sophia sneered, glaring at her waffles. With a smile, Ellie filled her mouth as much as she could with her breakfast and chewed with an open mouth.

“And I can’t believe you starve yourself and throw up ten minutes after you eat food, which is mostly just one hundred calorie snacks.” Ellie grinned, making Sophia turn away in disgust.

“Will you hurry up? I have a photo shoot in three hours and I need to be there to make sure my clothes fit me.” She snapped and Ellie rolled her eyes.

“Or what? You’ll just have to throw up some more?” Ellie raised an eyebrow and Sophia stomped her boot-clad foot.

“Now young lady!” She gasped, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Oh fine, fine.” Ellie sighed, levitating her bags once more before she sat in Sophia’s silver mustang. Already aggravated, Sophia started the car. “You’re not coming home for winter break, right?” She asked hopefully.

“Only if dad’s back. You’re worse than I thought if you thought I’d go back here, willingly, knowing it was just you.” Ellie smiled innocently before Sophia floored the gas pedal.

“I won’t miss you one bit you little brat.” Sophia hissed through gritted teeth and Ellie could only smile again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know Ellie comes off as...a bitch. Just...give her time, please? (:
Next chapter, we'll get a peek at the home life of Tate and Dee!
And third chapter will, of course, be the train ride.
You all don't know how excited I am to write Adonna's character. (If you get confused as to who these people are, check out the 'character' section up top to see their profiles.)

I do not own Punk Bitch by 3Oh!3, but I was listening to it whilst creating this story and writing the chapter! =]
...Plus, I think that the title suits how Ellie is portrayed in this scene. XD