Status: Going to try and update once a week. Remind me if you must.

Chaotic Forbiddance

I Can't Run

MIKEY’S P.O.V.

It was the dawn of a new day and the Triwizard Champions were supposedly going to be picked from the Goblet of Fire today. This all sounded like a whole lot of jibber jabber, thank goodness it wouldn’t affect me or my friends. We were all too young, even Fred and George didn’t count, nor would they ever have any chance at the championship, should they have been of age. Nope, this was little old us, waiting gawkily on the brink of nothing.

Oh man, I’m starting to talk like Gerard, in my mind.

Of course, that didn’t mean I wasn’t philosophical in normal terms, just not as highly thought evolved as my older brother was. Thinking of him, I noted that he wasn’t at the teachers table for the Champions being picked, nor was Fate at my side, cajoling me into talking and smiling with her witty banter.

For a moment I almost wasn’t glad that I convinced her to go to him, but then they walked in smiling, laughing ostentatiously, and she took a sip out of his coffee and he shared one as well. It was cute enough to make my heart strings flutter. I didn’t break the poker face that always remained settled on my features like sediment at the base of the ocean, though. It wouldn’t’ be proper, someone might see. I had to keep a level head.

“Hey, who do you think will win this shit?” I had gotten Harry to start swearing, it was hilarious when he did it all English-like, though, I almost felt bad. I smiled at the tiny cadences in his voice that created an overture through my ears… wait! No smiling, none of that, I can’t let him make me…

Oh, hell. I gave up on not smiling and grinned perfunctorily at everything he said, and continued with the conversation, him sitting next to me with an audible thump. We continued monkeying around even when Dumbledore was announcing the winners; it wasn’t even funny how silent everyone else was though.

“Oh, I’ve always wanted to do that, isn’t that where you fly over…?” My mind was lost for words and Harry finished my response. We finished each other’s sentences now.

“The rings and weave in and out of them.” Oh, that made so much more sense than what I was thinking, but I didn’t have the time to tell him.

There was no time anymore, not anymore as Dumbledore uttered those fatal words that I think sealed mine and Harry’s friendship as never to be more than that. We couldn’t be more if he was destined for this, and I for seldom known dullness.

“Harry Potter.”

He was chosen as a Triwizard champion and I was again left in the dust that fame spewed out as eternal prophecy. It wasn’t fair that I had to watch everyone I ever cared about get chewed up and spat out by the great monster that was illustrious life. It wasn’t fair.

“Go!” many people glared, shouting from the corners of their minds, all I could do was look on in disappointment as he walked towards Dumbledore, not looking back at little old me as shock encased his features. Little did I know, but someone else was also quite disappointed in Harry.

RON’S P.O.V.

“Harry Potter!”

How Harry could have done that, I didn’t know. He was more class smart than I was, but even Hermione wasn’t that good at magic. He couldn’t have possibly done that.

Harry couldn’t have done that without me, could he? I had thought we were best friends, just like I thought Fate and I were childhood friends… but I supposed now we weren’t. School changed everything, didn’t it?

This damn school took away everything. It nearly took away Ginny, it got me a howler… what else was it going to do, kill Harry?

Would that kill me too, or would I just have to live without my best friend at my side, grinning like an idiot at the most mundane of magic?

It wasn’t fair.

GERARD’S P.O.V.

Fate and I had mutually and wordlessly decided to hover by the doors of the Great Hall, in order to spend a few more precious minutes with each other. It was enjoyable, watching the joy of the students that were chosen to compete, almost idyllic in the sense that I could watch their splendor and then watch hers at their reactions. She liked seeing people happy, sometimes even seeing herself content.

Sometimes she’d give up everything to make someone else happy. That’s why I had to caution myself. I was selfish and she was giving, it was a dangerous combination and I had to make sure that I didn’t take too much; else I’d leave a scar if I ever left. I hoped I never would, but relationships like ours rarely worked. My relationships rarely worked.

The third person was called, Cedric Diggory. He was a nice enough boy, if a little bit of a vain peacock. He was quite good at history; I could see him becoming the next History of Magic teacher here, after I was long gone. I looked at Fate again, imagining what the lovely girl could be in life. She was talented, though she wouldn’t admit it to herself,

A gasp of electric shock rang through the crowds as people were nearly approaching their leave. Another name had sprouted from the goblet. With a quick reflex, the headmaster caught it between his thumb and forefinger. A blasé expression that I knew meant bad news spread across his eyebrows.

“Harry Potter!”

It seemed like the world stopped for just a split second, as no one moved; no one said a word, except to gesticulate blindly with their mouths hanging open as if they were fish. In slow motion, I turned to Fate. She leaned back against the wall, looking winded, as if the pure surprise had kicked her in the gut. Harry stood up, trembling on the disputed pedestal of his shaking legs. It seemed that at least one kind soul would help him stand, but he was on his own. My brother’s face flashed with disgust and a contemptuous sorrow weighed on his heavy brow.

FRANK’S P.O.V.

Shock and awe bombarded those around us. This was even more shocking than if Fred and George’s names were to have both been pulled out, along with a talking white rabbit in a waistcoat. Harry Potter, the fourteen year old Harry Potter? Even I was older than him, for heaven’s sakes!

I didn’t begrudge him this tournament though; my grandfather had been in it and it nearly ruined his music career by, well, nearly killing him. Family stories were told about the tournament, and family tragedies were passed down as well, he nearly lost a finger battling a maternal unicorn! I would never tell Mikey that of course. He didn’t actually know that unicorns were real yet. It was a running joke that we would tell him unicorns weren’t real and students would look at us like we were crazy because of course they were real. Leprechauns were even real; Mikey should really have figured this out long ago.

Barring that, I looked around to see the reactions of people, Bob from Hufflepuff looked almost angry that a Gryffindor had usurped their champion, but at a quirked eyebrow from me, he quickly ceded his anger to a less frontal position. Hermione looked like she was about to march up to the retreating from of Harry’s back and smack him over the head with a rule book. It was absolutely hilarious how much Fred and George fumed, but then I turned to both Ron and Mikey, about to insert a witty comment, and their expressions were of a seething anger, practically a bubbling volcano, ready to burst and sprout forth its boiling magma. I had never seen Mikey so… expressive.

All because of what must be a mistake?

I could only hope it was a blunder, for the sake of our group.

For the sake of friendship, let the boy who lived live.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Sorry if I don't thank the commenters, I just am trying to write a lot and catch up! Comment please!
XD
E.L.F.
~xo