Status: Going to try and update once a week. Remind me if you must.

Chaotic Forbiddance

Secrets and Loud-Mouthing Hats

I hung with the guys until the train reached it's hallowed destination, and walked to the carriages with them. The slightly grotesque, yet beautiful, creatures that pulled the black conveyances, went unmentioned by the others, so I assumed that it was an entirely normal means of transportation, and did not comment on it.

As we approached the castle, Gerard, or "Professor Way," led us to the doors that had let in first years for years upon years, and was about to let fourth years pass through it's fame and terror, oddly enough. He then left to greet his fellow teachers at the high table, as it was his first year instructing here, and all. Eventually the eleven year olds arrived and I giggled at their astonished faces, particularly one wet little boy.

"I fell into the lake!" He said proudly, while wrapping a huge moleskin coat around him, the extraordinarily large man with a kind face covered in bristling black hair laughed at his shivering form with a small genial pat on the back. The over enthused boy smiled and looked down.

"Yer' must be Fate, Ron's told me plenty 'bout you." He reached out his large hand and I took it, though my small one was daunted by the size of his.

"And you must be Hagrid, they do talk about you far more than I would expect, they really love you." He smiled at the acknowledgement and a stern woman made her way through to the front, coughing as she passed us. Hagrid softly let go of my hand and stepped back.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats on the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. This is pivotal, because while you are at Hogwarts, your house will be like your family. You will have classes with your house sleep within your house dormitory," She eyed us accusingly. ", and spend free time in your house common room."

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each has their own history and has made many great witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will win you house points, while any trouble will lessen the amount. At the end of the year, the house with the most house points will receive the house cup, a great honor. I certainly hope that none of you cause your houses grief, especially with the current circumstances." Frank smiled mischievously... Oh no.

"The Ceremony will take place within a few minutes. I suggest you smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting, quietly. I shall return when we are ready for you. Fate, Michael, and Franklin, your year and late entry will be recognized." She left and Hagrid followed.

Ghosts passed by and took note of the first years, but they did not seem to be in the mood, as Peeves was following them with water balloons, which he hurled at the first years. Frank, Mikey, and I escaped the raid unmolested, thankfully. I straightened my robes and we were called over.

"Please line up quietly and follow me, I apologize for Peeves' immature behavior." She moved the three of us in front. I held my breath as we walked into the majestic room. The sky was stormy and beautiful, with small cascades of lightning illuminating the midnight blue.

In the space before us, a three-legged wooden stool was placed, and a torn and ragged hat put atop it, the large gape in that fabric separated, in order to begin its song:

A thousand years or more ago,
When I was newly sewn,
There lived four wizards of renown,
Whose names are still well known:
Bold Gryffindor, from wild moor,
Fair Ravenclaw, from glen,
Sweet Hufflepuff, from valley broad,
Shrewd Slytherin, from fen.
They shared a wish, a hope, a dream,
They hatched a daring plan
To educate young sorcerers
Thus Hogwarts School began.
Now each of these four founders
Formed their own house, for each
Did value different virtues
In the ones they had to teach.
By Gryffindor, the bravest were
Prized far beyond the rest;
For Ravenclaw, the cleverest
Would always be the best;
For Hufflepuff, hard workers were
Most worthy of admission;
And power-hungry Slytherin
Loved those of great ambition.
While still alive they did divide
Their favourites from the throng,
Yet how to pick the worthy ones
When they were dead and gone?
'Twas Gryffindor who found the way,
He whipped me off his head
The founders put some brains in me
So I could choose instead!
Now slip me snug about your ears,
I've never yet been wrong,
I'll have a look inside your mind
And tell where you belong!


My breathing got shorter and heavier, if he saw in my mind, what would happen? Would he tell someone about what I do, or more importantly don't do? Would they make me eat, or something equally horrid?" Professor McGonagall called all of the first years before me, sensing my nervousness.

"Fate Farice, in year four, just recently accepted into Hogwarts, not a first year." I sat on the stool as she gestured for me to do, she placed the hat on my head, and in my ears, I heard... "Hmmm, difficult young girl..."

"Thanks, I pride myself on being difficult." I retorted sharply, the Sorting Hat was speaking out loud, rather than in my head, so I responded aloud.

"You listen to good music."

"A hat likes screamo, weird..."

"You have courage, yet you cower when faced with the reality that is yourself, you scream on the inside, yet the outside has the appearance of a meek girl. You lie to others, as not to hurt them, while you get hurt far more than emotionally. Where should I place such a dilemma?"

"Back in Jersey, anywhere, nowhere." I was having a good time confusing a brainy hat...

"Your sarcasm is duly noted child, but I warn you that more will be endangered if you continue to deceive people."

"That's nice, you feel like getting out of my head anytime soon?" I evaded his "head shrink" talk and hoped to get out of the spotlight as soon as was possible.

"Alright then: GRYFFINDOR!" He boomed. I felt the emotional and physical weight lift off of my shoulders and head. I walked to the table and sat next to Fred and George, as they cheered.

"What were you lyin' bout, Fate?" They said in tandem, I laughed.

"How am I supposed to know?" I turned my head back to the hat, which, I could swear was frowning slightly. I saw Gerard clapping loudly, he smiled at me, I felt heat rise to my cheeks, though I didn't know why. Next to him a sulky man with greasy hair, who was certainly not clapping. Hagrid and many other teachers, including Dumbledore, were clapping, I turned back to the sorting hat.

"Franklin Iero, also a late entry, previously attending Durmstrang, fourth year." I watched in suspense as he sat on the stool that I had just vacated.

"What are Skittles?" I laughed at the hat that had just tried to play therapist.

"The amazement of a rainbow, trapped in fruity candy shells."

"GRYFFINDOR!" He made his way to the table, after flipping Gerard off, who just cheered at the rude gesticulation. The greasy haired man, who I now realize was the infamous Severus Snape, glared at him.

"Michael Way, also a late entry, he previously attended Durmstrang, fourth year." He nervously made his way to the stool, but his glasses fell off, and onto the floor, "Only Mikey, only him." Frank said quietly, I giggled at the comment while Mikey continued to search for his glasses. It very heavily reminded me of Scooby-Doo.

"Oh my Gosh, it's Bloody Mary!" I laughed at the ghost story reference and Mikey quickly found his glasses, and straightened up, looking around nervously. Frank and I were laughing our heads off, at the fear crossing his face, the headmaster interrupted.

"I actually met her once; she wasn't a very pleasant girl." Mikey gulped, and Frank and I turned to each other, eyebrows raised, we were no longer laughing. Mikey reached in his pocket, taking his inhaler out, and puffing in frightened anxiety. Then sat on the stool, whilst muttering, "I'm never gonna look in a mirror again."

"Obsessed with unicorns, what's wrong with you, boy???"

"GRYFFINDOR!" Mikey practically ran to Gerard and hugged him over the table, Gee ruffled his mousy hair affectionately, Snape looked on the family members in disgust. Dumbledore coughed and Mikey ran to our table, like a fire spitting dragon was at his heels.

"The man who just received a hug from his younger brother, is our new history teacher, Professor Way. Please give him a welcoming hand. And mourn Professor Binns who had a heart attack after being turned back into a human by a book in the restricted section, sadly, this book only allows ghosts to pass into death, rather than making them live as a human."

I smiled at all of my friends around me and Ron whispered to me:

"I'm really sorry."
♠ ♠ ♠
Note that I have taken Mcgonagall's speech from the first book and altered it slightly, same with the letter in the first chapter, and the Sorting Hat's song was taken directly from book four.

Thaanks to: RollingPinz. and Xx!!SKITTLEZ!!xX for the great comments.

Umm, I don't have much else to say.

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE OR SOMETHING DEVASTATING WILL KILL OFF ALL OF THE CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm such a lovely person, aren't I?