Status: Active

...and the mistake takes the cake.

Ho ho hopefully

The food stopped being shoveled into about 10 guy's mouths.

Alex stopped chugging his beer.

Jack and Kennedy stopped talking about a waitress with a hot ass.

And Pat's face was drained of all blood.

I face-palmed myself. I knew this was a bad idea. Looking up at John, I saw his smile was unfaltering in anyway. He didn't even seem to notice that half the table was looking at Pat and I in a confused manner.

It had been about 4 minutes and 36 seconds since John announced we were engaged. Showing everyone my ring.

So far, no one has said anything.

Everyone's reactions were pretty much the same though. Stunned.

Matt was the first to speak.

"Oh, wow, that's really a..surprise." He tried to sound like an excited friend. But he knew that this is a big mistake also.

Jack forced on his big goofy smile. It could've been almost convincing if he weren't also destroying his index finger's nail at the same time. "That's amazing Anna! Haha, marrying your highschool sweetheart. That's...that's...."

Alex slapped him, stopping him from saying something stupid. "It's great! We're all so happy for 'ya! Aren't we guys?" The whole of All Time Low snapped out of their daze. Eventually mumbling "yea" and "congrads" in our general direction.

I smiled weakly at their unconvincing attempt. Then looked up at John who had the same clueless expression on his face.

Then I looked to my band. Who didn't even say anything.

Jared's head snapped up and met my upset face. I frowned at him. I expected him to just shake his head, or just drop his eye level to avoid awkwardly. But suddenly, he smiled a half smile and quickly got up out of his chair. Before I could ask what he was doing, it was too late to stop him.

"CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS! SHIT. THIS IS AWESOME. SINCE HIGHSCHOOL I KNEW YOU TWO WOULD GET MARRIED!" He then pranced over to us, and lifted both of us into one big hug. I giggled embarrassedly and looked at all the people staring at us. Some amused, some confused and some were old people wishing we would all shut the fuck up. If they wanted quiet and boring why the fuck did they come to Hard Rock Hotel you ask?

I don't know. But it makes no sense.

"Thanks Jared. Ha, it's going to be really hard picking my best man." John commented laughing. The whole table faked laughs politely.

"Yea man, congratulations." Said Garrett, as the rest of the table got into it.

"I wonder if we can like, use you two being engaged for a free desert." Wondered Alex, looking around for our waitress.

Rian smacked him and laughed. "Why are you always thinking about your stomach?"

"Jack's always thinking about his dick. Why aren't I allowed to think about a certain body part more than the others?"

Jack feigned hurt. "I do not!........Fine I do but only because I don't trust any other body part. But leave hairy Harry alone."

I raised an eyebrow. "You named your cock?"

He smiled a confused smile. As if it were completely normal. "You didn't name your cock?"

"I'm a girl."

"I can second that, she has a vagina you guys." Said John, making the table laugh. I looked back at Pat, still giggling slightly. He hadn't moved one bit.

His death-like expression remained. And suddenly, my heart was consumed with guilt.

I totally just destroyed Pat's life.

He told me he loved me, and what do I do? I reject him and get engaged to the guy I just cheated on with him.

I did all this to save our friendship. But I see that's not working.

"Why do you call your cock Hairy Harry?" Asked Kennedy suddenly.

Zack rolled his eyes. "Cause have you seen Jack? He's hairy as shit."

"Yea so his whole crotch area looks like that movie, you know, Avatar. There's a buncha forest then this one random huge tree. That's Jack's crotch." Alex commented taking a bite of his burger.

I grimaced. Only Alex would turn a brilliant movie into something that resembled Jack's pelvic area.

Why were guys so gross.

Jack laughed. "Yea, Alex got a hairball from sucking on it all day. OHHHHHHHHHHH PWNED."

The table laughed again. Alex just looked at him in a pissed off manner. "Shut the fuck up." He mumbled.

I was about to comment on them secretly being lovers, but my attention was distracted by a movement behind me.

I turned, only to see Pat slowly getting up. All of the guys from The Maine just looked at him worried. And I'm pretty sure I got a few death glares from Tim.

Pat turned to face me for a brief moment. It was about 2 seconds at the most. But I knew I could see his glassy eyes rimmed with hurt and soon to be tears.

I've never made Pat cry. And I've never seen Pat cry besides this one time when we were 7.

He had always been the tougher one, always there to comfort ME in MY times of need.

I had to ruined about 70 of his shirts and hoodies in my lifetime, due to all the times I've cried. But every time, he would say the same thing.

"You're amazing. You're beautiful. What do you have to cry about? Oh, please don't cry Anna, nothing is so devastating as to make those gorgeous eyes tear up like that. Nothing would be worth it."

And although he said it every time. It always made me stop.

I looked back at the table, feeling my eyes water too. All Time Low looked confused, but The Maine guys looked unaffected. All of them (Minus John, who was equally as confused as the other band) wore a emotion of pure nothingness.

I knew they felt something. And I guess they didn't want me to know.

I just threw down my napkin, got up from the table. Mumbling something that was suppose to sound like an excuse me, and started walking straight from where I came.

"Um, okay then. Later dudes." I heard Zack say, in a kind of questioning manner.

I didn't stop though, I continued walking. Straight for where I saw Pat disappear too.

Well, that's what I thought. Until I arrived in the Lobby and all I saw were a bunch of people that didn't look like Pat at all.

I Went onto my tippy toes, the heals I was wearing still not making me tall enough to see above people's heads.

"Pat?" I called to no where. Just hoping momentarily he would stop being heartbroken and answer me. "Paaat?" I called again. Only to have the same results as before.

I walked through the thick crowd, who all seemed to be here because of Happy Hour or some shit. Why was no one in the bar if it was happy hour what the shit? Jesus Christ Vegas people make no sense.

I crashed into a guy in his mid forties with a bottle of vodka in his hand. He turned away from the friend he was talking to and looked at me. Letting his eyes pry up and down my body, lingering for awhile at my kind of exposed chest.

Disgusting.

I walked away quickly, continuing my search for Pat.

Which was soon ended upon seeing a familiar sight of shoulder length hair and blue button down long sleeve shirt caught my eye. Just as he was passing through the door to the pool.

"PAT!" I shouted, hoping he would somehow hear me. Though it was impossible with all the noise going on.

Quickly, I ran to the black and red door. Hoping to get to Pat intime before I lose him again. If the lobby was bad I imagine the pool was even worse.

But I was stopped with a group of males walking infront of me.

"Daaayyyummmm." One of them said in a spanishy accent.Jack Daniels evident in his breath. "Check YOU out hotty."

They all came closer to me, all 4 of them.

I shook my head and pushed through them. Not having time for their shit.

"Where you going mi amor?" Another shouted after me. I didn't even look back. Although i could feel them following me.

I quickened my pace. Hoping to find Pat before they catch up and do God knows what to me.

They started shouting drunken comments to me. Which made me walk even faster than I already was.

I pushed the doors open, and learned that my predictions were not correct. There was actually no people by the pool.

And here I was expecting a bunch of old guys and porn star girls in bikinis. I looked to the sign at my left.

Apparently the bar and pool was closed tonight.

Explains things.

"Babbyyyyy.." Slurred a guy behind me. I spun around, completely forgetting they were here in the first place.

I looked around. This would've been a perfect time for them to push me around, kidnap me or do whatever.

No one was around, and Pat was no where in sight.

My heart flew to my throat. Now, I may sound a little paranoid. But I'm telling you know, these guys didn't look to legit.

I backed up, not sure where to go. There was the pool, with a bunch of chairs. This island thing with the bar and a pile of rocks that looked extremely hard to climb. So needless to say, there was really no where to run in heels and I have no idea where Pat could've possibly went.

"Why're you runningggg?" Another slurred, while the others laughed and looked at me with blood shot eyes.

I shook my head in fear, and turned to run again. Unfortunately, one of them was too fast for me. Holding my right arm tightly in his sweaty grip.

"Oh c'mooonnn. We don't bite." He smirked with crooked teeth, his greasy dark brown hair falling over his brown eyes.

The blonde in the group laughed out loud. "Ha! Not much at least." He added. My eyes widened as I tried to pry my arm away from the man's grip as the others drew nearer.

I wish I never left the table to go find Pat.

All of this could've been avoided if I just hadn't accepted John's stupid fucking proposal. Everything would be fine if my love life wasn't so complicated.

"Let go." I squeaked, using my other hand to release my throbbing arm.

He just laughed, and put his other hand on my waist. "You know you-"

The greasy man didn't even get to finish before I slapped him. Hard, across the right cheek.

I immediately wiped my hand against my dress. Feeling nasty enough for me to touch him.

His entourage behind him stopped laughing. I could feel a heat rising in my chest as I regretted doing that. I knew something bad was about to become of it.

He slowly turned to face me. "What the fuck...." His hand removed itself from my waist, to touch his red cheek. "You bitch...." He smirked, right after licking his fingers.

I grimaced. This guy was defiantly a creep.

"Jerry, maybe we should-" One of the 3 men behind him started to say. Before this Jerry character hushed him.

"Shut up Sean. I wanna have my fun." Then he quickly placed his hand on my outter thigh and brought me closer. "I like 'em fierce. But looks like I'm going to have to tame yoouuuuu." He slurred into my ear. I could smell the different mixtures of alcohol from there.

The creepy Jerry guy started rubbing his hand up and down my leg, I held by breath as he slowly started going beyond what my dress didn't cover.

I struggled again. Only to get the same results.

I looked at his friends for some sort of help, but only to see a group of guilty faces. Like there was no way they could stop him, and they knew it.

That's when I decided to do the only thing I could. Scream.

But as I opened my mouth. His sweaty palm covered it.

"Don't you dare scream or I'll-"

I waited for the rest of the sentence that would seal my fate.

But it never came.

I furrowed my eyebrows when his grip became weaker, so weak that he eventually let go. Stumbling back a bit, he was at least a foot away from me. I quickly fixed me dress and walked back even more before he could do anything.

But I still stayed so that he was in my view, curious as to what happened.

That's when I saw Pat behind him. Probably a whole foot shorter than this man. A broken beer bottle in his hand. He looked at me briefly, before stepping away to let Jerry fall.

It didn't appear that Pat stabbed him, I know he wouldn't do that. But he seemed to hit him over the head, we all watched as the massive body fell to the floor unconscious.

Pat stayed in his place, then looked at the friends menacingly. They all looked like they didn't know what to do, so they just ran back inside. Before they could be accused of anything or possibly also hit on the head by tiny Pat.

When they were safely away, I looked at Pat. Then at the body laying by my feet.

My eyes widened, stunned when I realised what could've happened to me. I stumbled back, before eventually falling to my knees.

I covered my mouth as my eyes rimmed with tears. Terrified.

"Oh my God..." Was all I chanted. I hugged my left arm close to my body.

Pat must've felt sorry for me in my state. Because he walked over and dropped to my level, embracing me to make me feel better.

"Anna, it's okay. No one's going to hurt you."

I threw my arms over Pat. Sobbing into his shoulder, and once again, ruining a perfectly good shirt.

"I was so scared Pat. I-I...W-what would I h-have done i-if you didn't c-come?" I asked into his shoulder. Still sobbing mercilessly while trying to make my words audible.

"Don't think about that Anna. The point is is that nothing DID happen okay?"

I shook my head. "No Pat, I treated you do badly. I probably did deserve whatever was suppose to happen-"

"Don't say that." He said simply, but angrily at the same time while clutching my hand.

"But it's true Pat! I feel terrible for what I did to you!."

There was a silence. Pat obviously was contemplating what I said. No doubt probably mentally agreeing with it.

Then I started to cry more, long salty tears streaming down my cheeks. "I'm a horrible person." I clutched the sides of Pat's shirt and he held me tighter than ever.

"You're amazing. You're beautiful. What do you have to cry about? Oh, please don't cry Anna, nothing is so devastating as to make those gorgeous eyes tear up like that. Nothing would be worth it."

I'm sure his intentions were to make me feel better. Like those sentences grouped together and specifically said out of his mouth normally did.

Instead, that one thing, made me remember what a great person I was losing. And how much I hurt him after all the times he helped me.

I've known him for my whole life.

He's been my best friend for my whole life.

But never, have I ever thought of Pat like how I have these very few days.

It's amazing what can change in short periods of time.

This made me cry more and even harder than before.

Pat tapped my back lovingly as I leaned more into him. "Was it really that bad? When I say that you always feel better."

I shook my head and looked up at Pat for a brief moment. His eyebrows were furrowed worriedly and his deep brown eyes showed love. I hated it.

I hated the fact that he could still love me, after all that I've just done.

I hated the fact that he could so easily forgive people.

And most of all, I hated the fact that he made me realise I'm making the worst decision ever. I'm marrying the wrong person.

"You remember that time, when we were both 11, and all our friends had already had their first kiss?" Pat suddenly said as I rested my head back down onto his shoulder. Letting him continue. "And then, we felt left out 'cause everyone was talking about how awesome it was. Even though we were like in grade 6 and we thought we had love all worked out?" Ha, even at this age I didn't fully understand love. "So then....we decided to be each other's first kiss?" I laughed. Remembering how much courage it took Pat to suggest it. And how much courage it took for me to kiss him underneath the tree in his backyard. Because from the movies we've seen all the girls started the kisses. "Then afterwards we were all "Ewwwww, that was nasty. I'm never kissing anyone ever again."?"

I nodded again, not sure where this was going. "Yea..."

Pat laughed and sat down fully. "This may sound stupid and corny. But that whole night I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. Because in all honesty, I loved it. Even to this day I think about it. And I think...it was then that I realised that I may actually love you. I thought I was just being like everyone else we knew and just loved the first person who showed sexual interest, 'cause that's what grade sixers do. Haha, but, I think it was actual love. Because....well....I still feel the same now."

My heart stopped. Why was Pat so sweet. He was making it hard for me to hate him and get rid of all my feelings for him.

But all the memories of that one evening came rushing back to me. I had researched everything I knew about kissing just for that one day. And when it happened, I had no idea what to feel.

I knew I was feeling something. But at that time I wasn't sure what.

Looking back however. I think it might've been the same as Pat.

"...Me too Pat. I love you, I'm sure of that now."

I knew that wasn't going to change.

He smiled, feeling triumphant. Pat's soft hand stroking my cheek. My eyes slowly fluttered closed, and then our faces started inching closer.

He brushed back a dark brown curl from my gray blue eyes. "You're not going to leave me in a confused mess again are you?"

I laughed shaking my head. "I promise."

The next thing I knew, Pat's lips softly touching mine.

It was small and sweet at first, perfectly PG movie rated.

Then came the hands.

Now in a few dictionaries, it's said that hands are limbs of which helps you do certain things with ease.

But we were using it for completely different purposes.

He rubbed his hands all over my legs, mine were all over his chest.

It slowly made the PG kiss, quickly into a 17+ one. I climbed ontop of his lap, and his warm lips went immediately to my neck. I let out a small moan.

Then, suddenly Pat stopped.

"Your room or mine?"

I smirked.

"Yours."

He also smiled, a big toothy grin. Looking like he was the luckiest man alive.

I felt like the luckiest girl alive too.

Trapped in our own glee, we completely forgot the fact, that I had already promised my hand in marriage not to Pat.

But too John.

And completely forgetting, that it's going to be hell to get out of.
♠ ♠ ♠
ITS THE EVE OF CHRISTMAS EVE!

I think this chapter's sweet. I don't wanna kill Anna as much anymore.

This is my last post till after christmas. I might not post before New Years either. Depends if i have internet.

BTW. I'm making a new Jack story, i'm on chapter 10 of it right now. Not gunna post until this story's finished. I need characters. ):. If you wanna be in it just comment asking me :)

Merry Christmas everyone! Especially my favourite commenter Miss_Jessica_Midnight :D