He Does Love Me

The Dream of Him

Joe and I, were a perfect example of best friends. We had been friends since eigth grade, now we were 17, (well he was 18), and in high school. We hung out a lot, and we perfectly comfortable talking about anything with each other, but we never dated...

*************************************************************************************

It was a weekend in May, and we were in his parents camper at Thompson's Lake. His parents had just left, for the store. They wouldn't be back for a while because the nearest store was miles away.
It had gotten dark, and it started raining. He was laying on the bed facing me, while I was on the floor. In the middle of laughing our asses off about our science teachers latest "psycho moment", lightning struck. The whole camper was surrounded with bright light, and a moment later it had disappeared. When that happened i got so scared that i subconsciously, went over to the bed and hugged Joe for comfort. I had no idea why i was hugging him...
As a confused look spread across his face he said, "Why are you hugging me?".
"I don't know. I'm sorry," I said as i started to pull away.
Then, surprisingly he said, "It's okay, i kinda like it..." A huge grin spread across his face, as he pulled me closer.
We kept talking for another while, then i made up my mind; i really wanted to kiss him. I guess i liked him all along... I just didn't realize it. That might explain why i would turn down any guy who asked me out.
I moved closer to his face to kiss him, and he kissed me back, and he meant it........

**********************************************************************************

Then we were dating two months. One night we were just hanging at his house listening to music. His parents had gone out to some party or whatever.
The radio was on 103.9, so as a joke i switched it to Country, (which i knew he hated).
"Hey!" he said.
I just laughed.
Just as he was about to switch it back, "Always The Love Songs", came on the radio.
I said, "Please, can we just listen to this song, it's one of my favorites..." as i tried to put on that "puppy face".
He just smiled.
He went back and sat down on the bed, i moved over and sat on his lap. He put his arms around my waist then just kissed me on the cheek.
I wasn't sure, but me, personally, wanted more than just that kiss on the cheek. So, i turned around and kissed him on the lips.
The part of the song where he says that the love songs, "gave you the courage for that first kiss", played.
I giggled.
"What?", he said questioningly.
"Our first kiss, remember?", i replied.
"How could i forget?" he said as he chuckled.
"Remind me how that went again.." I said.
In reply, he kissed me. So, i kissed back more, and he did the same. The tension just built and built until we couldn't stand it any longer....
You all know how it ends......
**********************************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
"Always The Love Songs" by Eli Young Band
We use to pull off highway 249
Had a cool little place where we'd go hide on a Friday night
And get away from the city lights
We'd find a little wood and build a fire
Sonebody'd always bring a couple guitars
And we'd take turns singin' songs and watching it burn
We'd do "Ramblin' Man", "Proud Mary". and "American Band"
We'd be singin' at the top of our lungs

Chours:
It was always the love songs every time
Made everybody feel something inside
With the fire down low held your girl real close
Made you wanna love the one you wre with
Gave you the courage of that first kiss
It was the love songs always the love songs

There was always a line stuck in your head
That was said in a way you wished you could've said
But you both knew they were singin' it right to you
It felt so good those times you had
That feelin' of wanting sombody so bad
Made you weak in the heart you couldn't take being apart
Honky tonk drinkin' songs we could do 'em all night long
But the ones i remember the most

Repeat Chours

We'd be singin' at the top of our lungs

Repear Chours

Always the love songs
Always the love songs