Gay Guitarist

Are You Alone?

AIDEN'S P.O.V

Somehow, Parker, Oliver and I ended up picking Theo and Abigail up from school. With our Chinese food, of course. We stopped off quickly at a McDonalds to pick up some food for Abigail, seeing as Chinese food apparently makes her sick. We then parked in the parking lot beside the mall.

"Seriously," Theo said, stuffing his face with noodles. "How do you NOT like Chinese?!"

"I don't know." Abigail shrugged, eating a fry with a delicate finger, "I just, don't like it."

"Doesn't matter." Parker smiled at Abigail, "it means there's more for us!"

"And that's all good with me!" Oliver yelled, picking up another egg roll.

I just smiled, watching the scene. Abigail was sitting beside me, and I could feel her warmth seeping through her spring jacket and onto me. Even though she was wearing more protection against the cold then anyone in the car, she was still shivering from the cold. Without meaning to, I wrapped an arm around Abigail gently, and pulled her to my chest. She stopped chewing, shocked, but seemed to not mind.

The guys, looked at us with varying expressions. Theo, shook his head a little, almost imperceptibly, as if disappointed in this. Oliver's eyebrows raised a little, but he didn't say anything. Parker's eye bulged out of his skull a little bit, and he started coughing on the chicken ball he was eating. Oliver clapped him on the back, still looking at Abigail and me.

Just as Abigail opened her mouth to say something, my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I withdrew my arm from Abigail, and checked the caller ID. It said, "Rachel". I rolled my eyes, as I answered.

"Hello?" I said. The other people in the car were quiet, listening to my end of the conversation.

"Aiden?" Rachel hiccuped. Literally, hiccuped. I could tell she had been drinking, but wasn't quite drunk enough to not know she was calling me.

"Yep, it's me." I said, looking at my nails boredly.

"Why weren't you at school today?"

"I was at the hospital."

"Whaat?"

"Not for me. For a--" I hesitated, and looked at Parker briefly. "For my friend's boyfriend." I heard Oliver snort, and I saw the beginnings of hurt on Parker's face before I returned to my nails.

"Oh." She sounds relieved.

"Abi told me you were looking for me..?" I said, using Abigail's short name, just to annoy Rachel. None of the girls I dated ever liked Abigail.

"Yeah. I was. I need to talk to you." She said, sounding grave.

"Well, talk to me now."

She paused before speaking. "On the phone?"

"Yeah, sure." I said, not paying much attention to the slight fear in her voice.

"Are you alone?"

"Yeeap." I lied easily.

"Okay." Rachel took a deep breath. "I'm breaking up with you."

I froze. Something about that sentence didn't make sense. The words didn't line up, they didn't go together. Well, not for me. "Excuse me?" I choked out.

"Aiden, I'm breaking up with you. I don't want to be just another girlfriend for you!" Her voice hitched up at the end.

I was still in shock. "You're dumping me?"

The car was deathly silent. But I was listening to the slight chuckle on her line. "You're so fucking vain. You think you can get away with anything, don't you?"

"I---" I couldn't find the words to speak.

"It's over. Not that you'd care that much." With that, she hung up. I looked at the phone for a moment, mouth hanging open.

Never, had I been dumped. It wasn't like it broke my heart, or made me that sad. It was more of the surprise that someone had actually not wanted me that made my tongue tie up, made my stomach press in at itself.

But then, I got over it. I pushed it back; I put it away to think about later. My best friends were in the car. Though I hadn't noticed it before, they were all staring at me, seemingly as surprised as I was had been.

Abigail spoke first. "Aiden? Who was that?"

I turned to her, eyes slightly wider then before. "Rachel. She.. broke up with me."

The car was silent. Until simultaneously, Parker, Oliver and Theo burst into hysterical laughter. Their giggles shook the car; their chuckles threatened to snap the seats. Abigail protested weakly, "It's not funny!" But even she has a grin on her face. Soon, me and her had joined in the laughing, and the windows started to fog up.

Finally, we pulled ourselves together.

"So, that's the first girl you've dated?" Parker asked, eyes still wet from the fit.

"Pssht." Oliver answered, trying to hold in his still trying to escape giggles. "That's the first girl who's dumped him. Big difference."

"Yeah," I agreed. "Rachel was girlfriend number...." I thought hard, counting the girl's faces. "24." I finally said, smirking.

"I thought it was 27?" Abigail said, looking confused.

"Are you counting?" I asked, pulling a strand of her hair playfully.

"Of course." She said, pulling some of mine. "It's for the day when all of them come back, claiming to have your babies."

"Aww, thanks!" I said, putting my arm back around her. She leaned into my shoulder, sighing.

"Aww! WHAT A CUTE COUPLE!" Theo said, throwing his plastic fork at us. Abigail blushed, but I just laughed, and squeezed her side with the arm around her.

"I think I might have to steal her from you, though." Parker said, raising his eyebrows up and down. Abigail blushed harder, but burst into laughter.

"Back off," I pretend growled, "she's mine." I wrapped my other arm around her, and she curled into my arms. She smelt good, I noticed suddenly. She pressed her face into my arm, and I felt her lips curve into a smile. She took a deep breath.

"Awwwww." Theo, Parker and Oliver chorused. I laughed, and so did Abigail.

But I wondered if Theo was telling the truth.

The truth when he said Abigail was in love with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Theo spilt the beans to Aiden. ;)
Only I didn't write about it, because it makes it more of a surprise for you? ;D
ANYWAYS.
I'm not gonna update tomorrow, 'cause I'm at my dads. And I refuse to update there. Last time I did, I forgot to save the almost complete chapter, and someone shut down the computer. .___.
Anyways. No update. Sorry. </3
Comemnts will make the one on Sunday come faster. ;)