Life After The Show

The best present

For days, Matt and I switched in and out of the hospital to stay with dad. It was just days before Alex's birthday, and I sat at home. I dialed his number, and pressed the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"he said from the other line.

"Hey Alex" I smiled.

"Hey!" he called, I could almost see him smiling back.

"So, you birthday is getting very close! What do you want?"

"Are you kidding me? I don't expect you to get me anything! Your love is already enough" he teased. I laughed.

"Too bad, I'm getting you a present whether you like it or not" I said.

"Okay, then here's an idea. I would like, a gorgeous, sweet, kind, kick ass girl named Kennadee Demitri to come down to Baltimore, if she can of course" Alex hinted. I giggled.

"Alex, I don't know. I have to see. My brother and I have been in and out of the hospital, taking care of him. My mom is barely ever there. She can't take seeing him like that" I frowned.

"That's fine, I mean, if you can't, I understand" he said seriously. It was silent for a moment, and I started to feel guilt.

"I'll see what I can do" I told him grinning and rolling my eyes. I could feel him smirking on the other end.

"Thank you, I miss you to no end, come down everything will be great!"he chimed. "I gotta go. We just pulled up to the venue. Bye. I love you" he said and the line went dead.
*
I walked into Room 308 and to my dad's bed. I saw my mom and brother at the bed. They looked up at me. "Hey" I said giving them a weak smile.

"Hi" they said in unison returning it.

"How's he doing?" I asked.

"Okay, he's only opened his eyes once, but closed them right away" Matt announced.

"How much longer is he going to be in here?"

"Maybe about another week, maybe 3 days if we're lucky, but we'll have him for Christmas" Matt informed me. I nodded.

"Can I talk to you out in the hall?"

"Uh, yeah" he said standing up from his chair as I started walking out.

"Um, okay" I said taking a breath. "I feel really bad asking this, please, don't get mad. But, do you think I could go to Baltimore for a couple days?" I asked shutting my eyes, and waiting for the answer.

"Of course" Matt answered.

"Really?" I replied.

"Yeah, don't worry. Mom and I can take care of Dad, it'll only be a couple days. I know you're in a tough spot right now, and if it gives you some time to relax, and time with Alex, go for it" Matthew encouraged. "But Kennadee. I do know everything that happened between you and Alex, if he hurts you again, you know I'll have to kick his ass. Anyways, just be careful, and don't worry about us" he told me. I nodded.

"Okay. Thanks Matt" I said hugging him.

"Any time, your my little sister" he said as we pulled apart. I sighed.

"I feel like we're in one of those drama shows" I laughed.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. So when do you want to leave?"

"Well, I was thinking in a couple days. I'll tell him I'm not coming, hide in a hotel room, and plan a surprise party behind his back!" I laughed.

"Good to see your smiling again sis!" he said.

"Thanks, your part of the reason why" I said punching his arm playfully. "Let's go back in" I said, and walked back in.

**
I dialed the number and waited for someone to pick up.

"Hey, Jack, it's Kennadee. I'm coming to Baltimore, don't tell Alex. Okay? Oh, and I'm planning his party too. I need your help" I said with smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! feeback? :]

Okaaay. Since I've only been getting one comment per chapter, I'm pretty sad. I have a lack of feedback. So this is what it's come down to.

2 more comments for the next chapter.