Life After The Show

We can't predict the future.

That night, at 4 pm, when my shift started I walked down to the restaurant peacefully. I pulled the door open, and barely anyone was here, but I knew soon, reservations, and people would be pouring in, especially on a Saturday night. I saw Alex sitting at a table alone, and felt anger take over me. I walked over, and pulled him by the sleeve, he jumped, but accepted it.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked, pulling him into the empty kitchen.

"I came to see you" he stated simply.

"Why? What about the stories at the show? What about your precious Heather... Lexy bear!" I imitated.

"I was wrong, I saw the whole video, and heard the conversation, it was nothing compared to what I thought it was"

"When did you figure that out?"

"10 minutes after you left, when Rian and Zack found the proof in the editing room, I should have known you wouldn't do that to me, or anybody. You knew me so well, I thought I knew you, but it's clear that I really don't now"

"What about Heather?"

"We broke up. I don't konw if you heard, but-"

"Yeah, I saw pretty much everything after it" I nodded.

"So..."

"So what Alex? There's nothing to do but just go home now. We were on a show together, but it's been a month now, and we should just go our seperate ways, that's how it was before, and that's how it will be now. Time to move on" I told him.

"But that's not how I want it, I want it to be with you, I wish it could have ended up you winning, I wanted it to be you all along, I knew I wanted it to be you from the first day"

"But that's not how it happened, we can't predict our future, or where it's gonna lead us next, we just have to go with the flow, and if this is where the future is leading us, then we have to let it be" Workers started coming in, and we both looked around. "I have to go Alex, I'm sorry, you broke my heart" I said, and he left. I put an apron on, and waited for meals to go, so I could bring them out.

Alex's POV-

"But that's not how it happened, we can't predict our future, or where it's gonna lead us next, we just have to go with the flow, and if this is where the future is leading us, then we have to let it be" Workers started coming in, and we both looked around. "I have to go Alex, I'm sorry, you broke my heart" she said, and I left.

I was devestated, I don't think she cares for me anymore. The one girl I wanted all along, doesn't want me anymore. Karma is a bitch. I wouldn't give up. No matter what she said about us going our seperate ways, that's not how it was meant to be, I know it. I backed out of the parking spot, and drove home.

*
"Hey man, did you talk to Kennadee today?" Jack asked.

"Uh, yeah" was all I said. He was still as he waited for response. "I don't really wanna talk about it right now"

"Oh, um, okay" he said and ran upstairs. I needed a way to win Kennadee back, and a way to show her I loved her, I cared, and that she could trust me. But how?

All I could hear was her voice ringing through my head. "I'm sorry Alex, you broke my heart"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Feedback? I appreciate it! =)