Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 10

You know how all teens have their own personal hell on earth. Some call it High School others call it life. Me, myself, and I we don’t call school hell our hell is home when mom is home.

At times school can be a drag when it last forever. My school really isn’t like the stereotypical schools with the blondes who wear trampy clothes. My school is actually normal despite all the continuing bullying that happens.

My school is my own personal heaven when my mom is home. I will take all the horrible things about school any day if it meant not dealing with my mother.

In my opinion school is the one place I can just forget about everything and focus on myself and friends. I can focus on normal things and be the normal teenager without a mom who works for celebrities.

I was driving toward the school trying my best to eat my hot pocket. I was sitting at the light around the corner from the school. I ate a mouthful from my hot pocket as the light changed.

I made a right and turned down the road beside my high school. The high school was a tall building with two stories. The building was made of red brick, some parts of the school had white bricks. I always thought that the white bricks made the school different from other rival schools.

I put the last piece of the breakfast hot pocket in my mouth as I turned into the parking lot. The parking lot was filling up as I found a spot behind a red pick up truck. The truck belong to one of the jocks at the school, I believe his name was Shawn James.

I let out a gulp of air and put the jeep in park. I sat back against the seat and just starred out the window. My day was starting out to be one of my worst. Suddenly my phone began beeping telling me I had a message.

I flipped open my phone finding the message to be from Alex!!

Laura I won't be at school until about lunch. Something came up, I wasn't able to tell Kimi. I am so sorry, I am afraid you will have to deal with school alone.

Just fantastic!! I closed my phone and jammed it into my pocket. This wasn't the first time that 'something came up' and I had to suffer. I was really starting to think that Alex wasn't such a nice friend anymore.

When we started out as friends things were great I knew he was the friend I could count on. I know Kimi is the best friend anyone could ask for but Alex was their first. Alex may be a guy but he knows how to cheer someone up when they feel like the world around them is crumbling.

I shook my head, I can go through school without my friends. Hell I went through all the other grades without any friends. I picked up my backpack from the passenger seat and slung my arm through the strap.

Suddenly I remembered the lip gloss and pulled it from my front pocket. I unscrewed the top and pulled the top up and covered my lips with gloss. Then I place the lip gloss back in my pocket.

I pulled the keys from the ignition and held them in my hands. Slowly I pulled the door open stepping out onto the concrete surface. The parking lot was loud as always which I was grateful for.

The only problem I had about being alone was the fact that, no doubt, the entire school heard about the reason for the fight between Kimi and Jane yesterday. The whole school knew that Kimi was protecting me now and with her gone the whole school was going to torture me all day long.

Hesitantly I closed the driver door. Since my jeep has an alarm I needed to set it but the fact that the beep from the remote would cause unwanted attention I didn't actually want to press the button.

Closing my eyes I pressed the button hearing the BEEP! From the alarm. I heard quite a bit of noise stop at the sudden alarm. Slowly I opened my eyes and found that most people had went back to doing what they were doing before.

I placed my keys in my available pocket and continued toward the school building. The doors to the school were a dark black, trust me they were darker than regular black.

I walked up the three steps to the doors. Just as I was about to pull open the door came open. I jumped back to avoid getting hit in the head with the door. The person came out and I saw that the person was a guy. He had dark black hair, dark eyes, and he had a few piercings.

He was dressed in a pair of dark jeans, a black shirt, and a gray hoodie. This boy was Max Cooper. I will have to admit that I think he is one of the hottest boys at this school but I grantee he will never find that out.

He lets the door slam behind him and quickly runs down the steps toward one of his friends. I glance behind me to find that he found Shawn and now they were talking to one another.

I just shook my head and walked to the door pulling it open. I walked inside without a second glance behind me.

------

I was sitting in the class I had before lunch. I had this class with Shawn and he wasn't such a jerk. See that is why I love my school all the jocks aren't real jerks, only if you piss them off enough.

The class happen to be one of the classes I actually didn't have with Kimi on a regular basis. This class was a creative writing class and it happen to be my favorite.

I guess having the life I have causes me to have a lot of harbored feelings inside. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Mrs. Keen answered with a simple

“Come in.”

The door opened wider to reveal Max. Slowly, with everyone's attention on him, he walked to Mrs. Keen's desk. Whispering they made many different facial expressions. Finally Mrs. Keen nodded her head and Max left.

“Mr. James, Coach Summers wants to see you in the gym.”

Shawn nodded his head and began to get his things together. As he packed up his backpack Mrs Keen spoke again.

“Shawn that assignment is due on Monday for you since you didn't get finished.”

Of course the jocks got special attention from Mrs. Keen. Her husband was into sports when they dated in high school. I only know this because during our first week she told the story of her husband winning the homecoming game during their senior year.

Shawn replied with a smile on his face, “Yes mam Mrs. Keen it will be on your desk Monday morning.”

Shawn walked right out the door toward the gym. Shawn wasn't into football or anything in that area his entire family was into baseball. His own father was at his games as much as he could.

Poor Shawn was under a lot of pressure from his family to be the best in baseball. His father wanted him to go to the champion ship like he did in high school and he wanted him to place and not come home empty handed.

I returned my attention to my paper and read over what I had written. I had to write about someone who I could count on. Of course I chose Kimi. She is always there whenever I need her, sticking up for me. I had to write about her since she has done so much for me.

I peeked up at the clock to see time was slowly slipping away. I quickly wrote the last paragraph. I was explaining the first time I met Kimi and when I realized I could count on her for anything. I realized that I could count on her when my mom first started going on the longer trips and she was always there for me.

I wrote my name at the top of the paper and the assignment. I sat my pen down on the desk and stood to my feet. I walked across the tile floor up to Mrs. Keen's desk.

She looked up and gave me a small smile. I handed her my paper which she replied with a “Thank You.”

I turned around and walked back toward my own desk, sitting in the desk. I placed my pen in my jacket pocket and stared at the clock.

Have you ever noticed that when you have nothing to do sometimes time moves faster then when you have something to do? I have noticed that a lot when teachers are absent, I guess because we spend the time talking to our friends about our plans for the next day or weekend.

Anyway right now since I am starring at the clock it is moving as slow as a snail. As the hands on the clock move I notice that more people are finishing their work. Since time is moving by slowly I picked up my backpack and searched for my ipod since I threw it in here last block.

Finally I find it and pull it out, zipping the backpack up when I have it completely out. I unwrap the earphones and place each in the appropriate ear. I scroll through the songs trying to find the best song.

As I search I hear RING!!!! through out the hall. Students are picking up their belongings.

“Have A Nice Weekend Class!!” I hear from Mrs. Keen.

Most of the class replies with “Thanks” or “You too.”

I stand to my feet swinging my backpack on my back. Finally I come across a song that I use to listen to a lot but haven't in a while.

Boys Like Girls : Love Drunk (Partial Lyrics) (not the entire song)
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Top down in the summer sun
The day we met was like a hit and run
And I still taste it on my tongue
(Taste it on my tongue)
The sky was burning up like fireworks
You made me want you, oh, so bad it hurt
But girl, in case you haven't heard
I used to be love drunk, but now I'm hungover
I love you forever, forever is over
We used to kiss all night, now it's just a bar fight
So don't call me crying, say hello then goodbye
(Oh yeah!)
There's just one thing would make me say
(Oh yeah!)
I used to be love drunk, but now I'm hungover
I love you forever, but now it's over
(Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey)
Hot sweat and blurry eyes
We're spinning on a roller coaster ride
The world stuck in black and white
(Stuck in black and white)
You drove me crazy every time we touched
Now I'm so broken that I can't get up
Oh girl, you make me such a lush
I used to be love drunk, but now I'm hungover
I love you forever, forever is over
We used to kiss all night, now it's just a bar fight
So don't call me crying, say hello then goodbye
(Oh yeah!)


I was standing at my locker putting in my books from my last classes. Suddenly my music was interrupted by someone's hands coming over my eyes. My hand pressed pause on my ipod.

I heard the voice reply “Guess who?”

Now of course I know who it is but what fun would that be.

“Lets see is it the Easter Bunny?”

I heard the person laugh and snicker. Slowly their hands dropped from my eyes and gave me permission to turn around.

I look at the blonde boy standing in front of me. It was another friend I had when Alex and Kimi weren't around. Kimi actually didn't like him that much but that's Kimi for you.

Today he was dressed in a green stripped collar shirt. His famous headphones were in his ears. See this guy was a huge music fan, whenever you talk to him he takes only one out at school. Some teachers get pissed off about it but soon realize that getting mad isn't going to stop him.

This guy standing in front of me was Luke Matters. He was, in my opinion, a good guy and was always nice to me.

“Hey Luke”

He had a frown on his face. I could tell he was only joking though by the look in his eyes.

“Oh Luke what I can't think of you as the Easter bunny?”

He grew a smile on his face and met my gaze.

“I don't mind you mistaking me for the Easter bunny, but I am just way more good looking than that crazy bunny.”

He finishes with a smirk on his face. See that is the only problem with Luke. He thinks way to much of himself. Luke is the one exception to the rule when I said that this school was different than other schools. Luke is the guy that seems like the quiet and shy type but in reality he has slept with atleast half the cheer-leading team.

Just last week I saw him making out with Monica, the co-captain, the week before Christa, the captain. I think he is a nice guy since he doesn't do all that shit in front of me.

“So I can see that you are friendless today. What happen to Alex? I already know about Kimi.”

His smirk only widened when he ended his sentence. I only turn my attention back to my locker to answer him. I really hated the fact that Alex ditched me at school today.

“Well Alex told me he had something to do. He said he would be back by lunch but that's very doubtful.”

I finish putting my things away in my locker. As I turn around Luke is standing there looking at me with sincere eyes.

“How about you sit with me today alright? I promise that I will keep the guys away as much as possible.”

I stood there and thought it over. It couldn't be that bad, I would wind up sitting at a table alone anyway.

I let a smile take over my lips and nodded replying, “Sure Luke that would be great.”

Luke suddenly gave me a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Great than come on with me My Lady.”

I laughed as Luke fixed my arm around his as we walked toward the cafeteria.

I only hope that the rest of the day is as peaceful. I only wonder how Kimi is going to react to Alex ditching me again today. I couldn't help but shudder at the thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
REMEMBER COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE & TELL A FRIEND

the characters are at the top now.