Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 23

We had been in my room for a few hours now. Kimi was in the bathroom, I suppose fixing her hair. I really didn't understand her, her hair would probably get ruined after she went swimming.

I was on my computer since I had already used the bathroom for a shower and to pack my make up. I was in my lounge clothes with my swim suit under it. I was dressed in a black tank with my Nike boy shorts

My black flip flops sat on the floor by the door so I could slip them on my feet when we left. My bikini wasn't the one I wanted to wear. I felt self conscious in the damn thing but Kimi insisted. It was a blue tie die bikini with nothing but strings keeping it together.

When Kimi first went into the bathroom I realized I had been wanting to read a different Sarah Dessen book, “Along For The Ride.”

So I went to my laptop to search Amazon for the book. I had my headphones in my ear listening to “Leave Out All The Rest” by Linkin Park.

Suddenly I heard the bathroom door open and turned toward the room. Kimi stepped out in a purple halter top with the words “No Time For Haters” written across it. From the waist down she had a pair of dark shorts.

I was surprised to see her on the phone. She looked at me and held up her hand telling to give her a second. So I just went back to the laptop finally finding the book I wanted. I signed into the site and found my credit card for emergency's. It was the kind that had 100 dollars like those visa cards.

I could still hear Kimi talking on the phone and the more I listened I could tell who it was.

“Yes we were suppose to go with Shawn and Max.”

She waited.

“Fine I guess you could just pick us up since they ditched us and went ahead to the house.”

Pause.

“Okay Chris you can come now if you want.”

Pause.

“Yes Laura's house. Just wait for us to come to the car.”

Pause.

“See you soon.”

She finally hung the phone up.

“So Kimi can you explain exactly why you were in the bathroom for so long.”

I peaked at her to see her giving me a look.

“Laura not all of us can step out of the shower looking great. Some of us actually have to work at it. I had to shave my legs since you must know and that takes time.”

I just nodded my head replying, “So I take it that Christopher is taking us both to the party?”

She was looking through her bag now.

“Yeah I got a text from Max earlier saying that they had to go to the house early because something was going wrong. I think it was either the electric or the plumbing but they said that it wouldn't matter for the party since it was going to mostly outside anyway.”

I just nodded my head as she turned around to look at me.

“Well Kimi I think we should go outside to wait because we both know that Christopher wont listen to what you said.”

She grinned and nodded her head. I stood to my feet since I had already ordered the book and shut down the computer. I walked over to my bed with my beach bag and things. I pulled the bag up my arm after I made sure that I had everything from extra clothes, make up, iPod, and cell phone.

I walked closer to the door and slipped into my flip flops. I turned around to find Kimi still getting her things together.

“Kimi come on. You know Chris drives like manic when he has to come and get you.”

“OK OK I'm trying here. I have to make sure that I have my make up and extra clothes. I am not staying in this outfit all day.”

She walked out the door and stood in the hall still talking.

“Laura I need to ask you a huge favor.”

I locked my bedroom door using my key and turned around crossing my arms.

“Kimi Rose what do you want me to do now?”

She looked nervous again and it was the strangest thing. She has been more nervous today than the entire time I've known her.

“Well I kinda told my mom that I was spending the night with you but I'm actually going to Chris's. He wants to take me to this lake house that they have. Well you are my best friend so I guess I will tell you this. Our one year anniversary is tomorrow and well you get the idea.”

My eyes bugged out.

“Kimi you mean the two of you are going to you know?”

For some reason I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. The idea of Kimi's first time with anyone was a bad image I just didn't want to think about it.

“So basically you want me to lie to your mom and tell her that you are staying with me until Monday which will be after school when you go home.”

“Please this one time. Laura I might act so outspoken but I love him and this is the first time I've ever felt this way about anyone and the first time I've made it a year with anyone so I thought why not.”

“Kimi I just want to make sure this is what you want and hes not forcing you or anything.”

“Laura you have nothing to worry about. He only just recently started asking. Its because he's a virgin as well and he knows what it is like. He wanted to wait for the right girl and I guess I'm the right girl.”

I let out a breath of air gave her a smile.

“Alright Kimi I will. Just do me a favor and if your mom calls you first answer because I cant keep giving her excuses like you're in the bathroom or something when she wants to talk to you.”

She gave a giant grin and enveloped me in a huge hug.

“I will I promise thank you so much.”

She took off down the stairs when we both heard tires pull into the yard. I just laughed at her and followed her down the stairs. I saw Robert standing by the door looking out the window, he looked distressed.

Kimi grabbed the knob and ran out the door. I peaked out the door to see Chris hop out of the car with his arms wide open. Kimi jumped into his arms and wrapped her small arms around his neck. I could tell they were really in love and that Kimi wouldn't regret her first time with him. I knew that she just wanted a better relationship with someone than her parents.

Sometimes they reminded me of my own parents when they got together which was rarely. Kimi reminds me of both her parents even though she hates it. She loves her mom to death but hates her dad. Ever since the divorce he doesn't even get her anything for her birthday or come to see her for holidays anymore. I feel sorry for her really since he lives in Maine.

I looked over at Robert to see him with a smile on his face now. I suddenly thought of the kitchen with him and Kimi.

“So I guess you aren't going to tell me either about your conversation with my best friend.”
He looked toward me and gave me a grin.

“No not really.”

I just shook my head.

“So I have to ask who exactly is that? Your friend Alex?”

I looked toward him.

“Oh never. Him and Kimi don't get along like that out there. That's her boyfriend Christopher Kendrex tomorrow it will officially be a year they've been dating.”

“They look to be so in love.”

“Yeah they are. I've been around them before right when they first started saying the big word and trust me it was obvious the word had never been truer.”

He gave me a smile.

“Well go ahead and get out there. After you and your friends leave I need to get your mom that medicine.”

I nodded my head.

“Oh yes of course. I hope she feels better. I don't know when I'll be back but I'll try not to make a bunch of noise when I come in tonight.”

He nodded.

“Well have a good time Laura.”

I just gave him a smile closing the door behind me as I made my way out to Chris's truck.

***

We were getting closer to the house now and Kimi and Chris were annoying. I knew they weren't doing it on purpose but all the I love yous and kissy noises around someone that doesn't have anyone can get annoying.

It just made me realize even more how alone I am among my friends that have someone to say those things to. They were talking about what they planned to do at the party. We all knew there would be drinking so it wouldn't surprise us.

I have never seen Kimi drink so when she said she would I was a little nervous. I mean I am not going to drink no matter what so I wont have anyone sober to talk to. I should have brought my own jeep. That way if I wanted to leave then it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Finally we turned a corner and saw all the cars parked along the side of the house. Kimi pointed out the signs telling everyone exactly where to go.

Chris parked the car close to the entrance so it would be easier to leave when we got ready. Kimi was the first out of the car and then Chris. I was surprised when they started walking ahead before I even got out of the truck.

I huffed as I stood to my feet outside of the truck. I closed the door behind me and looked across the crowd of people. I couldn't find Kimi or Chris. That meant they had walked ahead of me and I was left walking alone.

I started walking to the spot Kimi pointed at earlier for the sign. I kept getting bumped into by other teenagers meeting up with there friends. It was so annoying and I was beginning to get claustrophobic with the big crowd of people.

I finally spotted the sign out in the open. It was just a poster board stapled to a wooden stick in the ground.

It read:
Swimming toward the pool this way --->
Bonfire toward the back of the house this way <---

Of course the sign looked a lot different. It had some color but not much. It was just obvious that a guy had written it. The handwriting was a scribble and the colors weren't the best in the box. I followed the arrow toward the pool and the crowd of people.

It was hard to move in a different direction other than the way the crowd was moving. There were more signs on the way to the pool telling you which ways to turn and if you had gone to far. I was surprised they went through that much trouble just to fix the signs. I guessed that people easily got lost out here.

Which was kinda obvious considering all the trees and the tall grass in certain places.
I finally made it to the pool area. The water must not have been that inviting considering there were only a few people in the pool.

I looked around the area and finally found Kimi. She was leaning against Chris but her eyes were searching the place. She had already gotten rid of her shorts and her halter top. Chris was in his trunks as well.

I was totally surprised that Kimi wasn't up and trying to find me or something. It was very strange. I began walking toward Kimi when I felt a hand grabbed my own and turn me around.
I met the familiar eyes of my once friend Alex.

He was grinning from ear to ear. I wished I could have mirrored his expression. All the lies hes been feeding me and shit I don't fully trust him

“Hi Laura. I've missed you all week but Blake has kept me busy with some stuff. I really want you to meet him today though.”

I pulled my hand away from his and stared him straight in the eyes. He knew I was pissed off. Whenever I stared someone straight in the eyes I wasn't just pissed I was pissed off.

“Alex how can I trust you. You took off the day at school when I was suppose to meet him and then you ditch me the rest of the week. I don't know what the fuck is your deal.”

His eyes traveled over me and then toward the floor.

“I know and I am so sorry beyond that really. I just want you to hang out with us alright. I'm not drinking tonight but Blake is and that way you can join me. I guess since Chris is here Kimi will be drinking as well.”

I blinked. He knew Kimi drank and I didn't.

“Wait you know Kimi drinks?”

He looked puzzled.

“You didn't? She told me she told you a while ago when I first caught her. They were at a party that was being hosted by some people from Chris's school. Chris was drunk and Kimi was buzzed he was trying to feel her up and shit.

I didn't think Kimi was like that but she was making out with him and feeling him up to. I just assumed that they slept together that night but I didn't ask. I just talked to her for a few minutes that night which is when she told me about you already knowing.”

I turned my head and looked toward Kimi and Christopher. She was talking to Max and sipping on a bottle which I assume was a beer or a whine cooler. I turned back toward Alex and placed my hand back in his.

“Sure I'll hang with you and Blake since Kimi seems busy with Chris and Max.”

He grinned and tightened his grip around my hand. He turned around pulling me with him toward another part of the pool. We got closer to a part of the pool where this boy sat. I couldn't tell if his hair was brown or black and he had eyeliner around his eyes.

He was pretty skinny but I could tell that he was older than Alex. We stopped right beside the boy and Alex poked his head.

The boy turned his head so fast like he was scared or something but when he saw Alex he gave a grin and pulled on his arm.

“Blake baby I want you to meet someone.”

Blake turned his head toward me and stared straight into my eyes. His eyes were brown and I knew if I stared into them long enough than I could get lost in them.

“Blake this is my friend, Laura Robin May. Laura this is my boyfriend, Blake Parker Sims.”

Blake held out his hand and I shook it. For some strange reason he seemed strangely familiar like his stare meant something totally different than the just meeting friendly way.

“It's nice to meet you Blake.”

“Likewise Laura.”

Alex suddenly stood to his feet and pulled on my arm.

“Laura you can put your things with ours back here.”

He pulled me toward this small table with this umbrella over it blocking the sun. There was a backpack that you carry from the side and Alex's red checkered backpack.

I peaked toward Alex since I never noticed before but both him and Blake were in there swimming trunks.

I only looked because I saw piles of clothes sitting on the table.

“Okay Laura you can put your bag here and your clothes since I see you have a bikini on under those clothes.”

I nodded my head at him. I sat my bag on the table as he went back to Blake to give me my privacy. I rummaged through my bag and found my cell phone.

I flipped it open to find One new Text from **KimiLover**.

Where r u? I should have told u about the drinking. Let me explain.

I pressed reply.

U left me at the car. I found Alex and Blake. I'm hanging with them. Alex isn't drinking today so I'm hanging with someone sober.

I turned off the phone and tossed it in my bag. I peaked around to see if anyone was looking in my direction. When I saw the coast was clear I leaned down. I pulled off my shorts and placed them in my bag. I pulled my tank from the bottom up my arms and off my body.

I sat it in my bag and then searched for my iPod. I found it along with my headphones. I turned back toward Alex and Blake walking toward them. There was now this girl talking to Blake while Alex was messing with his phone. As I got closer the girl looked up over at me. She gave me a smile and then walked over to me.

“Hi my name's Annie. I'm Blake's sister, I've also seen you in the coffee shop with your friend. Despite Angel noticing the obvious flirting Angel likes your friend.”

I chuckled and replied, “Hi my name's Laura. Angel is sweet and she could just tell that he was having a rough time then.”

“Yeah I know. You might get to hang with them to because um Scott asked me where the party was. He said he might have to force Angel but it was worth it. Alex told me you don't drink either well I'm not drinking either so we can have our own little party.”

I gave her a smile and said, “That sounds like fun.”

She was walked around me to the table. It was then that I noticed she must have just gotten here. She was still in her shirt and shorts. I kinda liked her silver sandles.

I took the spot next to Alex dangling my feet in the water.

“Hey Alex how come no ones in the water its not that cold.”

He looked up at me and at first his eyes got big and I could tell he was subconsciously roaming my body.

“Oh um... Well the water's only warm because Shawn's parents recently installed a heater and well no one wants to be the first to jump in the pool. I honestly think its because Shawn hasn't showed his face yet and usually he makes this big grand entrance, sometimes hes the first in the pool.”

I nodded my head. For some reason I wanted to get in the water. I wanted to swim but if that was Shawn's thing than I would just have to wait.

I place the headphones in my ear and then leaned against my arms from behind me. The music took me away from the craziness of the party. I could still here voices like Alex and Annie. They sounded like they got along great.

Suddenly someone pulled my headphones from ears. I opened my eyes to see Alex looking at me and then pointing his finger. I turned my head in that direction and saw Luke. He was walking toward me and it was obvious by the way he was bumping into people and swaying back and forth the boy was already drunk.

I checked the time on my Ipod and found that I had been here two hours already. Luke was standing in front of me the next time I looked up.

“Hiiii Lauraaaa.”

His slurring was horrible. It made me think he had been drinking before the party, which was probably the truth of the matter.

“Hey Luke.”

“IIIII dontttt seeee Kimiiii.”

“shes off somewhere with her boyfriend.”

Suddenly some girl came and latched herself on his arm.

“Anywayyyy Lauraaa Youuuu Looookkkkk goooddddd.”

The girl suddenly started whispering in his ear and nibbling on his earlobe. He grabbed her hand and then they were gone into the house. It was so obvious that they were going to find an empty room and hopefully stay there the rest of the night.

Annie busted out laughing.

“Even though he was obnoxious it was pretty funny about that girl. She was so fucking jealous of you Laura.”

I just looked at her. It was the first time I have seen her in her bikini. In my opinion she looked better than me. I just looked down and saw fat slobs hanging from my sides but it wasn't enough to make me anorexic or anything like that.

It's just my father's family always criticized me about my weight to the point that I didn't like wearing certain things anymore.

“Oh don't tell me you are one of those girls that doesn't think she looks good. I mean you had to have spent and hour or more on your hair in that bun. Your face doesn't look like it has make up so you are natural beauty. Man I wish I had that it would be so much better than having to cake my face every day.”

Annie seemed like one of those girls that cared about what she looked like even if she was only going to the service station. It was weird. I had never been that way. I would just hop out of the shower only spending ten minutes on my hair and then calling it quits.

If it took longer than ten minutes it wasn't getting done by me.

“Sorry Ann. I don't try to be that way its just me. I wouldn't be me if I didn't think that. I have had family criticize me about my weight so I just never thought much about myself. I always turn to food for comfort when humans don't help.”

She gave a sad smile and placed her arm around my shoulders.

“I'm sorry about that but really you need to look at yourself. You are gorgeous.”

Suddenly Alex cut in.

“Annie I know you mean well but trust me your pep talk wont help. She has been this way the entire time I've known her and you wont change her. I tried changing her and that didn't work, even my shameless flirting with her didn't help. So just give up.”

Suddenly the crowd began parting.

Alex started mumbling, “Finally maybe we can swim since the royal highness is out.”

Annie just laughed.

See even though Alex was popular before I got to this school he never really liked the parties like this. The ones that put so much attention on the rich students since he wasn't that rich he wasn't that popular to begin with.

Shawn walked out of the crowd fist bumping other students and saying hi to others. He stood by the small diving board as teenagers stood around. He stepped on the board and then bounced as the crowd cheered him on.

Annie was even cheering.

“Go for it James. Dive in the pool already for pete's sake. We all want to swim.”

I laughed at that. It was funny only because she wouldn't say it very loud and our small group was the only ones to hear her.

Shawn finally bounced high enough, did a cannonball, soaking those to close to his explosion. He came up from under the water and shook his hair.

“Let the party began. Come one people lets swim.”

Suddenly people began jumping into the pool and soon it was crowded. It was obvious that no real swimming could get done in a pool that packed.

Annie slipped in the water right where we all were. I peaked around the pool and found Shawn talking to Max by Kimi. Max was hanging out with Kimi and Chris so now so was Shawn. Although the more I looked he couldn't stay very long.

“Hey Laura.”
I looked toward Alex.

“Blake's going to get himself a beer and me a coke along with a burger do you want anything?”

“Yeah Um a sprite and a plain burger.”

Blake nodded his head and then walked off.

“He doesn't talk very much.”

Suddenly I heard laughter from the water. Annie was laughing at what I said.

“I wish he was quiet. He just doesn't know many people here. He only came because I invited him. Shawn is friends with some of my friends so I always get invited to stuff like this. I invited him because Alex was wanting to come and my friends didn't want to come because they were going to another party. According to them high school parties are so last season, so they went to a college frat party.”

She shrugged her shoulders and then dunked her head under the water.

“Alex would you mind putting my Ipod up for me please?”

I saw him standing and trying to walk toward the table.

“Sure I was on my way over there anyway.”

He took the Ipod from my hands and walked toward the table. Suddenly I heard another voice.

“Well Hi Annie. Having a good time?”

I looked toward Annie to see Shawn now talking to her.

“Oh its great Shawn. You could have come out faster for swimming but its fine.”

He laughed at her comment.

“Sorry about that. The electric was messed up along with the plumbing so I had to make sure everyone stayed out of the house and everything got fixed.”

He looked over toward where I was sitting and he gave me a smile. I could tell though that he was wondering who I was. His eyes roamed up and down my body.

“Hey Annie. Who is the girl in the blue tie die bikini?”

Annie looked toward me and smirked. She crossed her arms and looked at him.

“Well Shawn you idiot. She can hear you. Her name is Laura.”

His eyes bugged out of his head.

“You mean Laura May. She goes to my school but she doesn't look like that though.”
Suddenly a plate was sat beside me. I turned my head to find Blake sitting my plate down.
“Hey Blake I wont hurt you. You can talk to me.”

He looked at me and lowered his head.

“I'm not trying to do that. Its just most of these people I don't know and some other stuff.”

I got a puzzled look on my face and I know he saw it.

“What other stuff?”

He looked up and his eyes got bigger.

“Shit listen I wasn't suppose to say anything. So don't worry about it.”

Blake snatched his plate and drink away walking toward the table where Alex sat waiting. I reached down and picked up my sprite. I popped the top and took a drink.

Then suddenly I noticed a shadow on my legs. I looked toward it and saw Annie. She was coming for her bag of chips Blake picked up for her as well as her drink.

“I swear that boy is something else.”

I gave her a weird look and glance around the pool. I didn't find Shawn anywhere.

“Annie what is it that hes done now.”

She gave me a grin.

“Oh you will see.”

I picked up my burger and took a bite. The burger had been cooked on the grill perfectly. Someone then decided to take a seat right beside me in Alex's spot.

I looked to find Shawn James sitting right next to me. No matter what you may think I believe I have a good idea what hes up too. See I think he has slept with a lot of the girls in his clique and I would be the first outside of if. The bikini just gave reason since I seem to have a hot body.

I just shook my head and continued eating.

“So Laura, are you having fun?”

I thought about it. I mean really thought about it. To be honest I wasn't having much fun for some reason. I wasn't even before Blake's comment its just I have this bad feeling that I shouldn't have come.

“I don't know Shawn. I've never been one for parties and this is my first so I'm just kinda lost I suppose.”

He nodded his head.

“I understand. I was surprised when I didn't see you with Kimi. That girl is already buzzed. She just keeps drinking one right after another.”

I just shook my head. I was worried about her like any best friend would be but what could I do. She was drinking on her own accord. She didn't have to drink, I mean no one would think differently of her.

It was then that I thought of what she told me at the house.

“Please this one time. Laura I might act so outspoken but I love him and this is the first time I've ever felt this way about anyone and the first time I've made it a year with anyone so I thought why not.”

She loves him but she wasn't all that excited about sleeping with him. Then Alex's comments about them already sleeping together. Maybe she had already slept with him because she loves and doesn't want to loose him, same goes with the drinking.

She thinks she has to so she doesn't loose him. Then I thought about him drinking while driving and I knew that wouldn't be a great idea. I figured I would get a ride from Alex or something tonight. I trust Kimi and I just hope she makes that right decisions.

I got comfortable again and picked up with the conversation with Shawn.

For the rest of the day I'm just going to soak up the sun and enjoy whatever comes from Shawn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well the party has started. Dont worry things will get better in the next chapter, which is already finished. I just want some comments from my loyal readers before I post it. Took me most of the day to type it but it was worth it.

Both Laura and Kimi's outfit (copy and paste):

http://www.polyvore.com/bonfire/set?id=15355889

Come on guys I know you want to know more, just tell me something. Let me know you want the next chapter.

Remember COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE & TELL A FRIEND