Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 28

The nurse brought in a wheelchair. Thank goodness Robert never came through the door. He would have stopped me leaving the room. I am not going to lie it was hard moving to the wheelchair but once I was there I felt free.

I mean I have been stuck in that bed for a couple days. I was ready to get out of it. I did go to the bathroom of course but that was it. Mom or Robert always went out in the hall to get me something so I wasn't the getting the one getting it.

She pushed me out the door and we took a left. I saw other nurses and patients. We past many different rooms where I peaked inside. I saw one young girl lying in a bed watching TV laughing. Then in another room I saw a bunch of doctors inside with this family. They surrounded a bed but all I could from the bed were feet.

I could hear sobs coming from the room but that was it. I didn't see or hear anymore because she pushed me away. This was the reason I hated hospitals. The building could be bringing life into the world or take it out. It was such an exhausting feeling.

Just going down the hall was something difficult. I saw so many kids in beds and that was when I realized that most of them no doubt had cancer. They would never have normal life. By some small miracle if the cancer did recede it didn't mean that it wouldn't come back, they would have that hanging in the back ground.

Sometimes I am just sap. I never want any of my family to go through that. It's just way too much to deal with.

“Now your friend Kimi Johnson is at the end of this hall. To see your other friend we have to go on another floor for him.”

I just nodded my head. Alex had been such a jerk during my whole kidnapped situation that I hardly even thought anything about him not making it. Deep inside me I still cared about him but if he woke that would be it. I didn't want to have anything to do with him at all.

She stopped at a door and went around me. She pushed open the door and placed a stopper at the bottom. She went back to me and then pushed me inside.

I heard the familiar beeping of the heart monitor. There were other machines but I didn't know their functions.

“I told her mom you were coming. She wanted to give you some space. You try talking to her, I mean that's what her mom does. Nothing of course has happened but it doesn't hurt to try.”

She finally stopped me beside the bed. I looked over her and didn't recognize her. I mean Kimi was lively, she wasn't the type to lie around. I wanted her to just pop out of the bed and say it was all a joke, that she was fine.

There was an IV in her arm and the medicine wasn't clear like mine. I suspected that they were trying to wake her up. I looked down at her hand and saw a white strip of tape across the top of her hand.

“Well I am going to leave you in here for a few minutes. That's all I can do. Next we will see your friend Mr. Mason.”

She sighed and then walked out. I looked at her face and it was so pale. She had no color and her hair looked so dirty. I knew that whenever she woke, she would take a shower first thing.

I grabbed a hold of her hand. I rubbed my thumb over her knuckles and sighed.

“Kimi... you know I am not good at this. Hell if you can even hear me you are going to kick my ass. You don't want anyone crying over you. Kimi, you are my best friend, my sister, I cant picture going to school without you. You keep me sane, I have to be the responsible one.”

I couldn't help but laugh. It was the truth. Kimi was the rebellious one while I was the responsible one. Most people didn't understand how we became friends because we were the opposite. We both always thought that if we were alike things would be boring. We couldn't have fun if we were both the same people, things just didn't work that way.

“Kimi I need you to wake up. I have so many things to tell you. I don't know to begin. I feel like it's my fault you were driving Chris's car. It was so stupid of me to think I would get back to before your drunk mind told you to drive. I am such an idiot.”

Tears began streaming down my face. I blamed myself because she would have just passed out at the party if hadn't been for me. I told her to meet me at the car because I thought I would get back to her. I was naive to think that I was getting out of there with Kimi.

“Kimi please wake up. You need to wake so you kick my ass for blaming myself and so you can hear everything that has happened. Kimi you are my sister no matter what. I mean your the sister I wished I really had. You are everything I always wanted in a friend. When I found you I thought God was nicest person ever.

He brought me someone to help me out. To help through all the pain I was going through at the time. I never told you my deepest secrets but I will soon. I just need time to comprehend them. I just need you here to help me out. All this stress isn't good for me.

I just hope you can hear me. I want you mad for my crying, I want you to lecture me about make up and how stupid I was to trust people after only a few hours of knowing them. Please Kimi wake up. All of us are worried. By all of us I mean your mom, me, my mom, and even Robert.

He might act like he doesn't care but I know he does. This just feels so weird not having you in my hospital room talking to me about everything that has happened. Kimi please.”

I just gave up. I just hope it was enough. The door came open again. I peaked around and saw Ms. Johnson walk in the room.

“I just walked up I swear. I wasn't eavesdropping.”

She sighed and took the chair on the other side of Kimi's bed.

“Laura how come you blame yourself?”
Well I guess she did hear all of my little speech.

I turned my head and looked toward her. I hadn't even told my own mother about everything yet. I most definitely didn't want to tell her.

She nodded her head.

“OK I will back off. Obviously you haven't told your mom.”

I just gave her a small smile. Then the door opened and in walked my nurse.

“Well we need you get Ms. May over to intensive care unit to see Mr. Mason.”

She came over toward me and lifted the brake on the side of the chair. She began pulling me backward out the door.

***
Alex didn't look good at all. His face was more pale than Kimi's. He had a tube in his mouth and this machine was helping him to breathe. There were so many wires coming from machines. She stopped me beside the bed just like in Kimi's room.

His parents gave me the most evil looks. His brother was so sad looking when I came in the room. They took his brother out of the room while I tried talking to Alex.

“Alex you need to wake up. Your brother needs you like crazy. I could use your help with all this. You need to wake up and help Annie through all the shit that she's going through.”

I sighed. I didn't know what to say to him. He hurt me more than he would ever know. I was beyond pissed but I didn't want to tell him all that while he was almost dead.

“Alex, I need to know things. Like why you helped them kidnap me? The real reason and not the stupid thing you told me. It doesn't make any sense what you said. Like I didn't matter to you at all. We have been friends for so long, I just don't understand what I did wrong. OK so I don't love you in that sense, but you don't have to band with some maniac and try to kill me or whatever you were doing.

I sure hope you know that Blake was the cost of everything. He died because Ben shot him again and now when you wake you will have to deal with that on your conscious”

I just couldn't take it anymore. All this was blowing up more than it should. Blake shouldn't have died because of something stupid that Ben wanted him to do. The door opened again and it was the nurse again.

She gave me a sad smile. She moved the brake and wheeled me out of the room. I didn't have to ask to know I was going back to my own room. The place where, right now, felt the safest to be.

***
I layed in the bed just thinking. Thinking about everything, Kimi, Alex, Blake, Ben, my dad, my mom, and then Robert.

The situation with Robert was far more difficult than ever. My feelings for him needed to cease to exist. I had so many more things to think about. Robert has always been there for me these days. I don't know what I would have done without him.

He never came back in the room. I didn't see him anymore and that bothered me more than anything.

The door came open and I heard a pair of footsteps. I jumped up in bed thinking it might be Robert but it wasn't. My mom stood in the doorway with a police officer right beside her. I guess they had tried putting them off until the very end.

“Laura honey the police need to talk to you about Ben and what happened. I will be right here with you the entire time, I promise.”

I just slowly nodded.

I confessed everything that happened. At the party I explained almost every detail. I told them who was in on it no matter the consequences. I told them that I over heard that Ben had been staying at either Shawn's family house on the ridge or Max's family's house. I had to get it all off my chest, it was weighing me down like water.

Once I was finished mom was crying and the officer just smiled. He wrote down bits of my statement and then he just walked out once I was completely done. Mom held me but my sobs never ceased. The stress was becoming way to much for my heart to deal with.

The heart monitor began beeping like crazy.

“Laura please calm down honey!”

The door was pushed open and a bunch of nurses came in. They moved mom out of the way and layed me down. I felt one woman grab my arm, she straightened out my arm before I could snatch it away. The sobs were worse now because I was so scared. If they had just given me more time I would have slowed my breathing down on my own.

I felt the needle pierce my skin and the pain in my arm started. I was screaming because of the pain in my arm.

“Stop, you are hurting her!!”

I could hear her voice but my vision was blurring and it was difficult to make out faces. I heard the door open and I heard a voice.

“What's going on Molly?”

It was Robert but I didn't get to reply or say anything because the world went black again.

***
I woke up again and it was dark outside. I could see the night sky through the window. My throat was dry but I refused to call for a nurse. All of the nurses scared me beyond reason. I didn't know what to do. I was more scared of this place than I ever had been before.

When the door opened I heard laughing. The voices were mom and Ms. Johnson, Kimi's mom. They seemed to be happy and I was suddenly very curious about their laughter.

They stepped more into the room and that was when I turned my head. Ms. Johnson looked so happy, more happy than I had seen her in the past few days. Mom looked like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

My mom noticed me awake and made a beeline toward me.

“Oh Laura you did it. She was waiting to hear your voice and she woke.”

“Molly I wanted to tell her. It's so late right now and she needs her rest.”

I was very confused. Ms. Johnson noticed the look on my face and gave me a smile. She walked closer to me as mom moved aside. She placed her hands on my shoulders and looked in my eyes.

“Laura you and Kimi are so much more connected than I ever knew. She woke up about a couple hours after you talked to her. She was going on about some stuff you said. She was mad, you were blaming yourself. I told her what happened with you and she's been worried.

Your mom told her about the doctors and nurses. For three hours Kimi refused to let any nurse come in the damn room. She was pissed about them hurting you. I tried but she never let up about it. She went to sleep and then the nurses could come in to check her vitals and stuff.

She doesn't talk to any of them when they come in because I talked her into letting them inside. She wanted to see you when you woke but its so late.”

I got this huge grin on my face. The tears streaming down my face were happy ones. I looked toward mom and gave her my puppy dog face.

“Laura honey you should stay in here. The doctors said you could get motion sickness from the medicine they injected you with.”

I suddenly got angry, “Well if they had waited a few minutes before they injected me than I would have calmed myself down. They were stupid to do that.”

Mom just sighed knowing she wasn't going to get around me. My mind was made up, I had to see Kimi.

***
Kimi was sitting up in bed watching TV. I could tell she was annoyed though. Nothing was on the TV, I had the same problem in my own room. She stopped it on the news channel.

“Since when do you watch the news?”

I asked as mom rolled me into her room. Kimi's head whipped toward the sound of my voice. This grin came over her face as she saw me. Her face now had some color in it and her hair was cleaner.

“Well I take it you took a shower.”

She just huffed.

“Well they told me I hadn't been washed since I came in. I was funky and my hair was all knotted.”

I just chuckled as mom finished putting the brake down on the chair. She kissed my forehead and said, “We will be right outside if either of you need anything.”

She walked out of the room. I looked at Kimi to see her eyes looking over me.

“Kimi, I am fine alright.”

She gave me this look like she could see through all the bullshit.

“Laura, I heard about it all. What your mom told me, you have been through a great ordeal. I didn't help much to begin with driving that fucking truck. Took me a couple of hours to find his keys and during that time I drank some but I didn't think it would hurt. When you weren't at the truck I thought I had taken too long. I thought you left without me, so I tried driving myself. Not my smartest idea.”

She tried laughing it off.

“Well I guess you heard about Alex huh?”

She just nodded. She lifted her head and looked at me.

“Laura you shouldn't blame yourself for what happened to me or that Blake guy. It wasn't your fault, that guy is just some creep. I promise you that I will protect you no matter what.”

I just smiled at her.

“Yeah I know you will Kimi. I am just so worried about everyone.”

This huge grin came over her face.

“Well its about fucking time you realized it.”

My facial expression changed to one of confusion.

“What are you talking about Kimi?”

“Oh don't play dumb. You finally admitted to yourself that you love him.”

I suddenly understood. I just nodded my head and sighed. I looked down at my lap fiddling with my fingers.

“So what are you going to do about it?”

I snapped my head up.

“Kimi... you know I can't, he's not mine. He probably doesn't even feel the same about me.”

She rolled her at my pathetic excuse.

“Laura you just need to fight. I cant fight this one for you. Only you know if he's worth your time and effort.”

I just huffed, “Of course he's worth the time and effort. Its just his status, I don't know if I can deal with that. Plus she's with him and she's so much better for him. As the saying goes you love someone enough to let them go. I am doing that no matter how much it kills me.”

“I swear you are so annoying. Laura this is the first time I have seen you this crazy about some guy and it turns out to be your dream guy. The two of you are perfect for one another. She can go find some other guy to love with her whole heart. You can't honestly say that you think she loves him? I mean he already said that he didn't love her and barely even liked her.”

I just sighed.

“Kimi I am a eighteen year old girl that hasn't been on a date or kissed any one yet. I don't think he would want someone like that Kimi.”

She just grinned.

“My point exactly but not in the way you think. He would be your first date and kiss. Which means that you will have no one before him to compare to.

He will be the one that you compare everyone else to. You mind will have him hot wired to your memory. If by some small chance you don't work at first and you date others you will always compare there actions to his.

Hell I even do that with Chris. Speaking of his douche ass we are so over. My mom told me he came by and she kicked him out because he wasn't around me to keep me out of trouble.

Also Laura I am so sorry. I didn't act like a friend at that party. Chris was putting shit in my head and I just listened to him. I didn't second guess it or anything and our friendship suffered.”

I just smiled at her and took her hand in mine.

“Kimi you are my best friend, my sister. I don't see how my life would be without you honestly. Kimi you have helped my life more than you know. Our friendship hasn't suffered at all. Hell I don't even call us friends, I call us family.”

She grinned widely and threw her arms around me. I felt her shaking with sobs.

“Oh Laura you know I hate crying and you just have to get me started.”

We just laughed together. After a couple minutes she pulled back and wiped her eyes.

“Well do you think we will get to help with the Halloween party?”
I just looked at her.

“Kimi I highly doubt that. I doubt our mom's are going to let us even go.”

I saw her expression change into a guilty one.

“Well you see about that... I already asked them both and they agreed on one condition.”

“And what is that condition?”

She turned her head away from mine. She didn't want to see the look on me face.

“Well they called and found out that the dance could use some chaperones. The dance is Halloween Masquerade so Robert can go and keep his mask on. Your mom said she would take us to shop for outfits. We don't have to go to school until Thursday anyway.”

I sighed and then grinned.

“Well I guess it wouldn't be so bad. I feel more comfortable with them there. Sure I will go, I can take my mind off of everything.”

She turned her head back toward me and smiled.

“Good, that way I can get you all sexy for Robert.”

I just rolled my eyes at her. I guess I will just let her have her fun. God help me now.
♠ ♠ ♠
God I am so mean. I bet all you thought something was going to happen to Kimi. Well I couldn't drag out her waking for some reason. I like Kimi way too much to kill her from this story. Plus I knew a lot of people would be sending me hate comments and I couldn't have that.

Well Alex is still in the coma. Poor Blake gave up his life for his friends. Gotta say loyal right.

Anyway,

REMEMBER COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE & TELL A FRIEND