Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 29

It was Tuesday afternoon. Today Kimi and I were both going home. Her condition got better and they kept a close eye on her head injuries. If she experienced any pain at all she had to come back.

She was so funny when I told her when I was getting out. She begged the doctors to let her out with me. They weren't that easy to convince that she should come home. Her mom wanted her home soon but not if it risked her health.

I was sitting in my hospital room now dressed in normal clothes. I was so thankful to be out of that gown. It wasn't the most comfortable thing to wear whenever Robert was in the room. I had to check and recheck to make sure none of the strings came undone. That would have been so embarrassing.

The door creaked once telling me someone was about to come in the room.

I stood to my feet and stretched. It felt good to be able to walk around on my own. It was something that I had taken for granted but not anymore.

I heard the door open on up. In walked Robert with this smile on his face.

“What are you grinning about?”

He looked over at me. I did my best not to get lost in his blue eyes.

“Oh you are about to see.”

I was just confused. Well I was until the door opened and I heard her voice.

“Oh you better let me in. Saying I can't see my best friend. Stupid nurses don't know me.”

I just chuckled. Kimi was something else. She walked in the room and toward me. Her mom had brought some of her lounge clothes. Kimi just knew she was going to be in the bed all the time if she went home.

“Well I am sorry for those stupid nurses.”

She just smiled, but it was forced.

“Oh Kimi they just didn't know it was you. To be honest to should tell them your my sister and that the other girl is an imposter.”

Suddenly Kimi's face changed.

“Sarah is in town?”

I just lowered my gaze.

“Yeah she was here the other day but mom kicked her out. She told me last night that Sarah was staying in the guest room. She doesn't know how long she's staying though.”
Kimi just sighed. I looked up at her and at that moment she got this grin on her face.

Kimi met my sister a few times before. Sarah showed up unannounced when mom was out and then showed up at the annual Christmas party. Mom was upset when she just showed up but there was nothing she could do about it though.

“How about I talk our mom's into letting me stay with you? We could slumber in your room. That way Sarah wont bother you.”

The chair in the corner of the room creaked. We looked over at Robert and he was hiding his face.

“Come on speak.”

I nudged her in the arm and she looked at me. She just smirked toward my expression.

“Well I was just going to say that I will back you up with Molly. I cant help with your mom Kimi but I can with Molly. I understand about Sarah she's been nothing but a problem with Molly and this way you Kimi can keep an eye on Laura and Molly doesn't have to worry to much.”

I just grinned. Kimi looked over at me with a smile on her face.

“Well I guess I will go find my mom and plead with her. Hopefully if I mention your sister than my mom will be more lenient.”

She put her arms around me giving me a hug. She winked at me before walking out the room. I looked over at Robert as he made his way toward me.

“Your mom will be in here soon. She just texted me and said that she was just about done signing you out.”

“Oh thank god. I just want to sleep in my own bed and my own clothes. I hate this place, it stinks.”

I scrunched up my nose for added effect. He laughed at my attempt to be funny.

The door opened again and Mom walked inside. She was dressed in lounge clothes, proof she wasn't doing much today.

“So are you ready to go?”

She had a sleepily look on her face.

“Um mom?”

She smiled at me and stood in front of me.

“What is it Laura?”

“Well Kimi and I wanted to know if she could stay the night or possibly the week with me? We would slumber in my room. That way I could stay out your hair and Sara's Kimi could keep an eye on me and I keep one on her. Please? Kimi already went to ask her mom.”

Mom looked between Robert and I. Robert had a grin on his face.

“Molly I think it's a good idea. I mean Sarah has been giving you trouble and Kimi would protect Laura through thick and thin. Plus I am kinda siding with them on this one.”

Mom sighed.

“Well I guess I am out numbered on this huh?”

Robert and I chuckled.

“Pretty much. Plus if we get Kimi in here than her vote would count twice.”

Mom smiled. We both remembered an old sleepover where we were voting for pizza types. Kimi told us that her vote counted twice because she was more awesome than us.

Suddenly the door opened.

“Yeah that's right I am more awesome than all of you. Well maybe Robert is as up there to. I mean I have to have him with me. So our votes count twice.”

We all just chuckled. Kimi and her mom walked in the room. Ms. Johnson walked toward mom and place her hand on her arm.

“Molly I don't know about this sleepover. I don't want anything happening to her again.”

“Jennifer don't worry about her. She is safe at my house. Robert and I are driving for time being. They wont be going anywhere, just sitting at home. No doubt watching movies and pigging out. Sarah is over so Laura kinda needs some help dealing with her.”

Ms. Johnson's expression changed quickly. She had heard about Sarah from Kimi and she knew what this meant for me. She sighed and then nodded her head.

“Okay you just need to come by the house and pick up some of her clothes.”

Kimi jumped up and down. She threw her arms around her mom and laughed. She ran toward me and tackled me into the bed.

“Did you hear Laura I get to come and stay with you.”

She was talking in a toddler voice. Everyone just chuckled at her.

***
We pulled into our drive. We did stop by Kimi's and she got a bag of her clothes. We all hopped out of the SUV. I looked around and found Sarah's car. Her little green car sat beside mom's car. I just rolled my eyes.

Kimi pulled on my arm, pulling me toward the front door. We all stepped inside, welcoming the scent of home.

“God I am so thankful to be home. I had no idea how much I would miss this place, but its good to be here.”

Kimi just smiled at me. Robert held our bags in his hands.

“Laura I am going to take these to your room.”

“Oh let me go up there and get the door.”

Kimi decided to stay downstairs and get some stuff from the kitchen. I walked in front of him toward my room. I turned the knob and pushed open the door. I walked on in the room and saw nothing was disturbed. I heard Robert walk in and place the bags on the floor.

“Nice room. The posters are my favorite though.”

My cheeks darkened.

“Yeah I told you I was a fan.”

I turned around and caught his gaze. He had this look on his face.

“Yeah sure you are just a fan.”

I just sighed.

“Okay just don't tell mom. Kimi and are the biggest twilight fans at school. We read the books together before we even saw the movies. So now you know my big secret. I tried not telling either of you but I knew was letting it slip.”

His face changed suddenly. This look of contemplation took over as his hand began rubbing his chin. We both suddenly heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs. I just chuckled. Poor girl thought something was going to happen.

Kimi walked in the room holding a giant bag of Cheetos puffs. I looked over toward her and glared.

“You better share the damn Cheetos.”

Robert just chuckled.

“Well I better go check on your mom. I suspect her and Sarah are arguing so.”

Kimi just nodded her head. She was agreeing with him. Sarah and mom were arguing. Robert walked out of the room leaving the door wide open.

Kimi and I heard his footsteps going down and another coming up. Both Kimi and I just huffed. Sarah stopped right in front of my door. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and her face looked like she had some kind of lotion all over it but it was clear so she didn't have a bunch of stuff all over her face.

“Well I see the emo person is staying. Why cant you go bug somebody else for a change.”

I placed my hand around Kimi's arm. She tried pulling against it but I kept a firm grip. I just decided to get rid of her myself. I moved away from Kimi toward Sarah.

“Sarah I am trying to keep Kimi calm but you honestly need at stop egging her on. No one and I mean no one is going to love your attitude.”

“Oh please says the girl that has never been on a date or her first kiss yet. What are you eighteen, that's just pathetic.”

Kimi saw how much her words hurt and I could hear her footsteps.

“Is there a problem here?”

The voice was Robert's. Sarah put on a face and then tried to act all innocent.

“Oh Laura and Kimi were talking bad about me. Kimi was just about to punch me.”

She tried looking so sad. Robert just huffed. His shades were off while in the house so I could see his eyes rolling. He step closer toward her making her think she was winning. He stopped a centimeter in front of her face.

“Sarah I think you should go back you own damn room. Leave Laura and Kimi alone and if you bother them again while you are here I will make it your worst nightmare.”

Even I thought he sounded scary. Sara's face was hilarious to watch. She coward back from his face. Robert straightened up and she ran off toward her room. He looked toward us and grinned.

“I don't think she will bother you too much now.”

He grabbed the knob to the door and pulled it closed.

“Well that was weird.”

I turned to look at Kimi.

“That's an understatement.”

Kimi sat on the bed with the bag of Cheetos. I just shook my head.

“Well lets just put this stuff up and find some movies or something.”

Kimi put down the bag of chips and helped me put our bags away.

“Your room hasn't changed one bit since you last made it over.”

I chuckled and grinned.

“Which reminds me. It is due for another makeover. I don't know what to do this time. I want to take all of the posters off and put some entire wall things up. I haven't a clue what to do.”

We put our clothes and things in drawers. Kimi had her own drawers in my dresser and her spot in my closet. It didn't matter about the guest room when Kimi spent the night, she always slept in my room.

We finally hung up the last bit of clothes and she dramatically fell on the bed. I just laughed. I walked over to my laptop and turned it on.

“Oh thank god we have satellite here. I was about to kill myself at the hospital without my channels.”

I just shook my head. I waited for the laptop to ask for my password, which I typed in. The screen was the same as always. I never had the heart to change it. The picture was one of Kimi and I when we first started being friends. She had purple streaks in her hair and she talked me into getting blue since it was my favorite color.

“Oh I remember that pic. I had to argue with you for hours before you agreed to the highlights.”

She laughed.

It was then that I remembered the consequences for the highlights. My mom was upset when she showed up. She thought I was being disrespectful to her and the world. They were slowly fading but she didn't care.

I was grounded for a week and I wasn't allowed to go to this party she wanted to take me to. I had been thankful for that one though. The party would have been a bunch of snobs she was trying to impress.

“yeah I got grounded for that one. I was thankful for it though when she didn't let me go to that party.”

“Oh yeah the penguin party. All the men dressed in tuxedos. That would have been horrible. I thought it was funny though that the party was during that week you were meant to be grounded.”

She was grinning remembering our night.

The party had been during the night I was suppose to be grounded. Mom left me home alone and told me no one was to come over. She meant it to she had told me. I was grateful that she didn't come home the next day. Kimi and I had a blast with silly string that night.

We chased each other all over the house. The kitchen was a mess with flour and eggs all over the floor. We had a lot of cleaning to do only to get a call from my mom telling me she was leaving and not coming back home.

I was ungrounded and left home alone once again. We still had a blast, would have been better to see the look on my mom's face to the house.

“Yeah mom didn't even come home the next day. It would have been hilarious to see the look on her face.”

Kimi stood to her feet and walked to the middle of the room. She straightened up her clothes and then tried to imitate the way my mom stood.

“Laura Robin May I can't believe you. This house just looks horrible.”

She was holding her hand out and shaking it toward me. Then she placed her hands on her hips in the way my mom did when she was mad.

“I can't believe this Laura. I am so sick of this shit you keep pulling.”

She then threw her hands up and turned around trying to walk out of the room, instead she was walking toward the bathroom. We both cracked up. Mom always did that when she got mad at me but she couldn't get to mad at me because she left me here without supervision.

“So what are you doing on the computer?”

I sat down is the chair and clicked the internet.

“First I am checking my email. My grandma might have mailed me back plus I am guessing she knows about the situation anyway.”

I looked toward Kimi to see her nodding. She found my television remote and then flopped on the bed. I heard her turn it on and then she was flipping through the channels. I smiled as I typed in my email and password. It took a minute for the page to load and then I clicked in-box.

(2) new messages

I grinned and searched through the messages.

genellescope@yahoo.com was the first unread message. I clicked on it and let it open. There was a new picture of her. She was standing in front of her house holding her cat. Her gray her was stuck out as usual. She was smiling in the picture and she held up her cat. There was something different about the cat though. The last time she sent me a photo the cat was bigger. Strange.

Laura,

Well I am doing fine. The house is lonely these days but I manage. Sabrina had her kittens about a week ago. I know you noticed the weight drop in the photo. I miss you Laura things are just so lonely around here. I wish you and Kimi could come over here but I know your mom's in town so that won't happen.

My grandma always made me feel bad because I didn't visit very often. I love my grandma very dearly but I can't visit her every single week like she wanted me to. There was a huge gap in the letter. I noticed that she dated the second part of the letter.

10/25/09

Laura I just heard from your mom. I am so sorry honey for everything. I wish I could have been there but your mom didn't even let me know until you had woke up. You know how your mom is and everything. I heard that Sarah is in town, spoiled brat. That girl better not mess with my baby. She is nothing but trouble for you. I know Kimi is no doubt sitting on the bed behind you so she will be your protector.

Your mom also told me that she was dating someone else. I sure hope he isn't very mean. I was watching TV the other day and your Twilight movie came on. I had nothing to do so I watched it. I actually liked it. So when you go to the movies to see the next one mind is I come with you and Kimi? I guess it depends how that day will work out. Also please after you get this message call me please I am worried about you.

I know you mind slipping mother didn't tell you to give me a call but now you know.

PS: You were right Edward really is cute.

Love,

Granny, Genelle Scope.


I smiled. I love my grandma so much. Sometimes I wonder how she could possibly be the mother of my mom. They are so different and yet they are related.

I huffed. I was kinda mad at mom for not telling granny when I went missing, and not telling me to call her. I hit the reply button at the top of the page.

Granny,

I am so sorry about mom but you know how she is. We are at home now thank god. That hospital sucked majorly. Mom was nice enough though to bring me food outside of the hospital. I will be calling you right after I press send on this. Kimi is actually sitting behind me watching TV. The poor girl was deprived of good TV at the hospital.

Dad was there as well but as usual he didn't even try to speak to me. Things were just horrible at the hospital. I will tell you all about it when I call you in just a minute.


I stopped typing because I could feel Kimi standing behind me. She placed her hand on my shoulder and I turned my head toward her.

“Let me talk to granny. I miss her too. You didn't even let me read her message you bitch.”

She had a grin on her face. I just grinned and shook my head.

“Okay fine but make it quick I need to call her after I send the message.”

I stood to my feet. Kimi then took the seat rolling around first before getting down to business.

“I can't believe my own mother didn't call her until after I woke in the hospital. Then she didn't tell me to call her or anything.”

“That sucks. Your grams probably thinks she doesn't care for her much.”

I just sighed as Kimi wrote her part of the message. I just look at the channel Kimi had stopped at. It was USA. Law & Order: SVU was playing across the channel.

“I have already seen that one. The marathon was on and I thought why not because nothing else seems to be on.”

Kimi was still typing on the computer as she said that. I folded my legs on the bed and then leaned back. I stared at the ceiling not really paying attention to it much.

My eyes began drooping and before I knew it I was asleep to the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I hope everyone is liking so many updates. I haven't a clue when I will be updating like this again. I have up to chapter 32 done and then I need to update my other stories. I just hope that everyone likes where this story is going.

Anyway,

REMEMBER COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE & TELL A FRIEND.