Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 3

Our neighborhood was different than you would expect. We didn’t live in some rich secluded neighborhood. We actually lived in a nice totally normal neighborhood.

We lived in a two story house. My outside window had blue shutters while the others had the dull black. The front door was red from when my mom and I moved in. She insisted that she had to paint over the boring honey brown color.

We had a small garage. The garage, I guess, could hold three vehicles. Although, lately it has held only my blue Jeep.

My mom didn’t always have to job she has now. She had a normal job where I could see her more. Then my older sister moved out and she took the job she has now.

My parents use to have the best relationship. They barely argued when my sister was living with us. When my sister moved out they argued constantly. They got a divorce about two months after my sister moved out. I know I shouldn’t but I blame her job for my parents divorce.

My father was like my best friend. Now though I only receive an occasional email and maybe a yearly phone call. He lives somewhere in Texas with my stepmom. Yeah he remarried about 6 months after the divorce. Oh well I could care less about him right now.

I am really worried about this surprise my mom has for me. I just don’t want her to get hurt. Her taste is guys should be illegal or something.

Suddenly I snapped back to reality. I had turned down my street. The familiar houses greeted me as I made my way to the house I call home.

Soon I saw my house and my suspicions were confirmed. My mom’s SUV was sitting in the drive. She only rode it when she had company since it could hold more luggage. Her small sports car in LA couldn’t hold as many bags as she had.

Letting out a gulp of air I pulled in the drive. I turned the key and pulled it out. My surroundings were quiet. The only sound was my very loud rhythmic heart beat. I closed my eyes for a few minutes trying to gain some amount of courage.

Suddenly Alex came to my mind. Him encouraging me that I could take anything she threw at me. I opened my eyes and turned my body toward the passenger seat. I pulled out the strap and pulled it across my shoulder.

With last amount of courage I could muster I opened the door and stepped on the concrete drive. I turned around and slammed the jeep door.

I turned toward the house. I was hoping for lightning to strike me so I wouldn’t have to meet my mom’s new man toy.

Slowly, with my head down, I walked toward the red painted door. My mind was trying to tell me to make a run for it, but she had probably heard me pull in. With a shaky hand I turned the knob and pushed open the door. I sudden whoosh of cold air hit my torso.

My brain was registering that it was too late to make a run for it. Now or never.

Although my nerves were screaming NEVER, my brain was saying now get it over with.

One guess who won the battle.

“Laura honey is that you?”

I heard my mom yell from kitchen. Although my sarcastic side wanted to yell out Who else I bit my tongue since I haven’t seen her in a few months, two to be exact.

“Yeah mom it’s me.”

I could hear her heels ticking across the kitchen tile. I could also hear muffled voices.

Soon my mom made it to where I was.

She had a nice purple dress shirt, some dark blue skinny jeans, and some black heels on her feet. Her makeup was dressed professionally on her complexion.

Suddenly she enveloped me in a hug. She didn’t squeeze me tight like a usual mom would have after being gone from her child for two months.

She pulled away quickly not showing her full emotions. She looked me over from head to toe. This made me wonder who I was starring at. Her expression was like I didn’t belong in her celebrity lifestyle. She also seemed to be thinking that I wasn’t good enough to meet her new man.

“Laura go put your things away. When you are finished come to the kitchen I want you to meet someone.”

I only nodded my head. I didn’t trust my voice at the moment. I might say something I would regret later. I slowly walked up the staircase toward my room.

All too soon I was standing in front of my bedroom door. I turned the knob and pushed open the door. I guess my room is a little bit different from other girls my age.

I looked around my room. My notebook was still on my king size bed below the pillow. My blood red cover was still tucked in the sides. My desk held my laptop and some books I read for fun.

My walls were the one thing like other teens. I had posters of Paramore, Three Days Grace, The Maine, 30 seconds to mars, All American Rejects, and some of my favorite movies. The movies on my wall were Harry Potter, Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio, and some celebrities.

Since my mom has been gone I bought a lot of celebrity posters. Some are Channing Tatum and Jesse McCartney. My mom will no doubt freak when she sees my room.

Just imagining the expression on her face was enough to bring a smile to my face. I slid open the closet door and threw my backpack to the closet floor. I pulled out my ipod and phone sitting them on my dresser. My dresser held more books I had read.

Some of the books were by Sarah Dessen, Maximum Ride series, a series of unfortunate events, and whether anyone likes it or not the Twilight saga.

Now before anyone yells at me I really just like the books. I like the movie but I am not obsessed like Kimi. I swear Kimi would bust a vein if she ever met any member of the cast. Although she really likes Kellan and Taylor any of the cast could cause her to pop.

She always made me laugh when she brought up the Twilight movie. She and I were on team Switzerland since we couldn’t choose between Edward and Jacob.

Suddenly my mind came back from the clouds. I had to meet the new man toy. I pulled the hood of my head and walked toward the door. I pulled the door close behind me. My nerves were the worse as I walked down the staircase toward the kitchen.

All my mom’s men usually hated me and the feeling was mutual. I just wanted my mom to find someone that loved her for her and not her money. I always tried to make a good first impression when meeting the new men for my mom.

I wanted to show them that she did teach manners even if she didn’t. To me showing my manners showed my mom had some class. I wasn’t like the usual teenagers and that made my mom different.

She could leave and know that I wouldn’t hold some party. I was respectful toward adults and was always on my best behavior even if my insides were screaming profanities.

Apparently I walked faster than I planned; I was only a footstep away from the kitchen. I could hear the whispering from my mom.

“Don’t worry she will like you. You are nice and don’t worry if she is a little shy she is like that.”

Even though I wasn’t looking at my mom I could just tell that she rolled her eyes. She hated my shyness when I met her new men. Although, I never met one of the guys that cared if I liked them or not. They knew it was my mom’s decision and they could care less about me.

Suddenly I thought about quickly moving back some. I tiptoed back toward the last step and decided to call for my mom.

“Mom I put my things away.”

I got closer to the kitchen with every step.

“Now who do you want me to meet?”

My sarcastic self wanted to add this time but I held my tongue.

She walked toward the opening of the kitchen and smiled. I could tell from memory that this smile was forced. My nerves and my brain agreed and answered here we go.

She placed a hand around my small tender arm and began pulling me toward the kitchen.

I glanced at her face to see the smile was now genuine and not forced. I really wished that I could bring that smile to her face.

“Laura honey I want you to meet my new boyfriend, Robert.”

Suddenly she moved and I saw a man sitting at the counter. He had a hat on his head, black shades on his face, a blue jacket, and from what I could tell he had on a white shirt with some fire design.

With the shades on I figured that he wanted to keep his identity. My mom then spoke up.

“Laura I want to let you know that you can’t tell anyone we’re dating yet. Maybe Alex and Kimi but no else. We have been dating secretly. Robert has a few premiers to attend and I have to go with him. We both are going to be here atleast two weeks back and forth.

Then we are going to go public with our relationship, alright?”

Great now this might be fun. I only hope that Robert isn’t some real big celebrity. Right now I can’t tell that since he has the shades but something about him seems familiar.

I nodded my head toward my mom.

“Yes, mom.”

I let out of gulp of air at the end of the sentence. This was so boring right now. Then mom glanced at Robert. Her lips curved into a smirk.

“Robert, why do you have the shades on?”

Apparently he knew they were still on but the way mom phrased the question was like she knew something I didn’t. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Robert cringe. Now something was definitely up with the two of them.

Robert didn’t respond back to the question instead he pulled off the shades. Now I guess I understand. Although Kimi might not be allowed to my house while he is here.

Sitting at the kitchen counter was Twilight star Robert Pattinson. Now my fan side wanted to jump out but I just kept my cool. See this is going to be a big problem because what my mom doesn’t know is I have a small crush on her boyfriend. Though right now I am going to push that small crush aside and think about something else.

“Now honey this is why you can’t tell anyone alright. Now Robert and I have some diner reservations with some people from the set so we will be leaving soon.”

I nodded my head. Of course she just got here and was already leaving me here.

“I went to the store and stocked up on food. I hope you can fend for yourself.”

My tear ducts were trying so hard to spill but with all the strength I had I held them in. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Robert look at my mom. The look he gave was something I didn’t expect, a mix between shock and sympathy. Well now he knows how my mom truly is around her own flesh and blood.

She walked toward where she placed her purse and started going through the compartments.

I really didn’t want to be in here any longer so I made an excuse to leave to my room.

“Well mom I have homework.”

I began to turn toward the stairs when I turned back around.

“It was nice to meet you Robert.”

He turned in my direction and smiled. I didn’t really know him but something told me that the smile was genuine.

“You to Laura.”

I turned around and headed toward my bedroom. I sped walked all the way toward my room. Once inside my room I closed my bedroom door and leaned against it.

Now what am I suppose to do now that my mom is dating my celebrity crush?

My life keeps getting better and better.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/molly_scope/set?.mid=embed&id=11889328
the link above is what Molly is wearing.

I hope everyone likes it so far. More subscribers, more readers, and more comments, get quicker updates.