Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 35

About six days had passed. Robert and I saw each other every day. I would go and visit Alex still and during that time I would sneak off to the hotel he was staying at. We would only get about an hour together but it was great. I didn't like the sneaking around but it was worth it just to be with him.

Robert had been talking to mom all week. She was frustrated that she couldn't find him. On Thursday Robert confessed and told her that he was back at the house. He made it seem like he had been in New York since she had been to LA.

It was convincing. So since she knew he was here I could stay at home. Mom was going to be home on Friday when I got home. I wasn't looking forward to her arrival. We wouldn't get any time together and that's what hurt the most.

Robert had apparently left early Friday morning before I woke. I was curious as to why he left so early considering that we wouldn't have any time together anymore.

I got up out of bed as my alarm clock went off. I have a week and a half left of school. Other students have two weeks left before Thanksgiving break. Since mom is going to be with Robert during the premiere I will have to go to my grandma's alone. I sure hope that they arrive there shortly after me.

I promised Kimi that we would go together to the first showing of New Moon when it comes out. It won't be long before we have to go shopping for outfits to wear.

I tie my robe around my waist and ventured out into the house. The house was quiet as I walked into the kitchen. I suppose Robert felt comforted in the fact that it was morning and Ben shouldn't be trying anything when someone could see him.

I grabbed the waffle mix and the box of sausage sitting it on the counter. I put the sausage on to cook and mixed the waffle mix.

The smell of the sausage filled the kitchen as it fried. I had just finished the mix when my cell phone started ringing.

I pulled it out and saw the ID *Robert*. This huge grin came to my face as I pressed send or talk.

“Hello?”

“Hello Beautiful.”

I giggled.

“How come you left so early?”

I heard him sigh, “Well it turns out that after your mom gets home I have to leave again. There is some promoting I need to do before the premiere. I didn't want to leave you alone this morning but I had no choice. My guards and people needed to see me and know exactly why I was here and stuff.”

My eyes stared at the corner in the wall. Great he was leaving sooner than we thought.

“Does mom know?”

“Yes I called her after the meeting. I have to do some more stuff today, like picking your mom up and then doing some stuff with her. I have to make up for what I did or she will kick me to the curb.”

“So I won't be seeing you until I get home right?”

“I am afraid so. Sorry Laura.”

“No big deal. Listen I am cooking breakfast at the moment.”

“Sure I understand. You aren't mad right?”

“Of course not. This is your job, something you love doing. I am not mad but I have to go. Bye.”

I snapped the phone shut before he could say bye. I just sighed and continued making my breakfast.

***
I walked down the stairs fully dressed. I couldn't wait to see Kimi's face. I wanted to dress differently than I normally would.

I was dressed in a ruffle dark blue shirt with a small black ribbon around the bust. My legs were dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans with black snow type boots on my feet. I had on my black jean jacket to protect me from the cold weather.

I was using my black and white messenger bag with my backpack messenger bag that had some gold writing on the front. Kimi would be happy about the make up on my face which was simple with mascara, blush, and lip gloss. I had blue butterfly earrings hanging from my ears, a light blue Cullen Crest bracelet, and a small silver key necklace.

I stepped closer to the door checking my messenger bag for my car keys and house keys. Finding them close to the top I pulled open the door. Locking the deadbolt and the knob I shut the door. Before I head to my jeep I check the knob and door to make sure it doesn't budge.

I sigh as I walk to my jeep pressing the button on my keys. Hopping inside I toss my backpack to the passenger seat and slam my door closed. Jamming the key inside I turn up the heat to get warm inside the jeep.

Suddenly my cell phone started ringing and I pulled it out of my bag. The caller ID read ☺Kimi☺.

I smiled and pressed send or talk.

“Yes Kimi?”

“I hope that you aren't at school yet because I need a ride.”

I chuckled.

“What happened to your car?”

“It's old is what it is. My mom already left and I got in my car and won't crank. I called her and told her we need to get it fixed. She doesn't have to money to get it fixed and I need to ride with you the rest of the week.”

I sighed and changed gears.

“You do realize that I won't be going all week? I have to pack for couple days and then fly out to my grandma's house for Thanksgiving.”

By now I was driving in the direction of Kimi's house.

“Okay so? Turns out my father called and wants me to spend Thanksgiving with him. I have to according to mom. Christmas though I am staying with mom, we are going to that cabin again with the family.”

“Sounds great and fun.”

“Yeah has to be better than that annual Christmas Eve party of your families.”

“It's not so bad. Just festive.”

“Yeah sure. You complain after it every time.”

“Kimi listen let's finish this when I pick you up.”

“Sure Sis. Bye”

“Bye Sis.”

I chuckled as I closed my phone and put it back in my bag. I wasn't very far from Kimi's house, about another ten minutes and I would be there. The lights this morning were being slow as I got closer to her house.

I turned down her street about three minutes after I got to the light. The neighborhood was still the same with the messed up houses between each other house. Her neighborhood wasn't the safest by far but her house never got broken into which was shocking.

I pulled into her driveway and honked the horn. Turning my head I noticed my backpack was in the way. I put it in the floor board so she wouldn't complain about it.

The front door came open and I saw her step out. She was dressed in a pair of black jeans and her back sweater covering her shirt. Her feet were dressed in a pair of black winter boots. She had on her black backpack today and a small black Twilight purse hanging from her shoulder.

I was laughing at her as she ran toward my jeep. I didn't understand how some she only had a sweater to cover her arms. She pulled the door opened and threw her backpack to the floor. Hopping inside she slammed the door shut rubbing her fingers together.

“Kimi how come you are only wearing a sweater?”

She turned her head giving me a glare.

“I couldn't find a clean one. The few good ones I have are dirty since I spilled that pudding on my dark blue one yesterday. Then my mom wore my only long sleeve clean shirt so I got stuck with this one.”

I finally noticed the shirt she was wearing. It was a dark black shirt with a white heart in the center. I had seen the shirt in her closet more than once it had no sleeves. I shook my head.

“Kimi there is a dark blue Nike hoodie in the back.”

I changed gears as she turned in her seat. She finally found my blue Nike hoodie that came down low in the chest area. I drove in the direction of the school.

“So how are you and Robert?”

Yeah I can't keep anything from her. She knew the day I came back the first day from the hotel that something was going on between us.

I turned my head and gave her a smile.

“Well,” I stopped at a red light, “he had to leave the house this morning. Apparently his people came to town and they needed to talk. Mom's coming home today but she won't be here long.”

I could tell by the silence Kimi was confused.

“He has to leave probably tomorrow for promoting New Moon.”

I heard Kimi sigh loudly.

“Sorry Laura.”

“It's not a big deal. I got a partial one week at least right?”

She didn't say anything after that. The rest of the drive was listening to the radio. I pulled into the school parking lot when she finally broke her silence.

“What are you wearing?”

I chuckled at her tone. She must have thought I looked preppy. I pulled into a parking space and looked at her.

“What is wrong with it? I mean I just wanted to be different.”

Her lips curved into a smirk and she nodded her head.

“Yeah all you are doing is showing Robert what he's going to be missing when he leaves.”

I laughed, she knew me to well.

***
The bell rang for the end of the day. I sighed as I walked out of class down the hall. The school was still in an uproar about Max's involvement in my kidnapping. His locker had been redone because of all the words written on the front.

I stopped at my locker and turned in the combination. I placed my books inside since I didn't have any work over the weekend. I heard footsteps running down the hall and laughter. Turning my head when they stopped I found Kimi holding her knees trying to catch her breath.

“Kimi you shouldn't be running like that through the halls.”

She rose up grinning.

“Yeah I know but it's just so fun.”

I laughed at her, “Kimi, what's so important anyway?”

Her face suddenly got very serious.

“Shawn has been seeing Alex every single day. He thought we should know that his parents are planning on pulling the plug either this weekend or next.”

I gasped as the tears fell from my eyes. His parents couldn't give up on Alex, I knew in my heart that he was going to come around. It just might take some time but he will.

“According to what Shawn over heard, his father is getting impatient. His mom doesn't want to leave town with him in this condition but he isn't making progress. His father's job is demanding he come and if he doesn't before the holidays they are choosing someone else.”

I shook my head and locked my locker.

“Come on Kimi we are going to see Alex.”

She smiled and followed me toward the parking lot. We wasted no time as we hoped inside my jeep. Tossing out things like backpacks in the back I started the jeep heading in the direction of the hospital.

I knew about everything Alex had done to me but that didn't change the fact that at one time he had been my friend. Nothing he did would change the fact that I cared for him like a brother and I didn't want anything happening to him.

I pulled into a parking space at the hospital and hopped out with Kimi hot on my trail. We ran inside and I walked up to the front desk.

“Yes I wanted to know is Alex Mason still in Intensive Care?”

The nurse smiled at me and began typing on her computer. Her eyes looked on the screen and then she looked up.

“He's still in the ICU but his room has been changed. Apparently the family has decided to pull the plug this afternoon so he was moved to a bigger room. It's room 455.”

“What floor would that be?”

“Third floor mam.”

“Thank you so much.”

Kimi and I ran to the elevators. Kimi pressed the button while we waited.

“I can't believe they decided to pull it today. I guess we weren't on the need to know list.”

I shook my head at her comments. Alex's father hated me and the feeling was becoming mutual. His father was homophobic and the fact that Alex was Bi didn't help anything.

His mother hated me for that fact that he started using again because of me and the fact that he was involved in my kidnapping because of his habit. I didn't want to know what would happen to his little brother. He thought Alex was just sleeping and any day now he would wake. I prayed for a miracle but nothing came.

Kimi stepped in the elevator first and I was right behind her. This was empty and I pressed for the third floor. We were quiet as the elevator went up and caused this weird feeling in my stomach.

All too soon the elevator stopped at our floor. I stepped out first holding my arms to my chest. Kimi was behind me as I stopped a nurse in the hallway.

“Excuse me?”

She turned her head and I noticed the nurse that had been there for me. She had taken me around to Kimi's room and Alex's. I wasn't sure if she remembered me but then her lips curved upward for a second and then went down.

“Your here for Mr. Mason right?”

Kimi and I both nodded. She turned around and we followed her. We past the nurses’ station for this floor and turned a corner. She stopped and brought her arm up pointing her finger toward a door. The side said room 455.

We gave her smile and she walked off. We stepped closer to the room and pushed open the door. I heard Alex's little brother, Robbie running toward the door.

“Mommy?” he said.

His eyes bugged when he saw me. He ran into my arms and hugged me tight.

“Laura, mommy says Lexi will be going to the angels soon.”

I sighed and hugged him back.

“She was saying goodbye and then left me here. I hope she comes back.”

He pulled back and grabbed my hand.

“You should say bye. The angels will take care of him when he gets there.”

Kimi was smiling at Robbie but his attention was on me and Alex. He pulled me into the room and went to the side of the bed. Alex still had the machines hooked to him helping him breath and stuff. I knew it was hard for his family to see him in the condition.

I took a seat and grabbed hold of his hand.

“Laura don't' you think you should call your mom or something.”

Tears streamed down my face as I looked at her. I thought about it before I got here but I knew she wouldn't care. She hadn't gotten along with Alex as well as Kimi so she wouldn't be any help. I couldn't involve Robert without involving mom so he was out. The one person I knew that would help me was my grandma and she didn't live nearby.

I shook my head, “Mom wouldn't care and involving Robert would involve her.”

Kimi nodded her head and took the seat on the other side. Robbie climbed into my lap and held onto my arm. I hated seeing Alex like this; he should be sitting up and talking to all of us.

We sat in silence for about an hour until the door opened. In stepped his Mom, Mary. She had tears running down her cheeks as she looked around. I knew she wanted to say something snotty to me but held back. I had a right to say goodbye since he was one of my best friends.

The door opened again and his father came in the room. He didn't look good like this wasn't the real decision he wanted. I knew it had been hard to make the decision but something had to be done. Alex couldn't stay at the hospital much longer any way. His insurance would run its course and then his parents would be stuck with the bill for his care.

Other people, I am guessing family, stepped into the room. Robbie moved my lap toward and older couple. He screamed out, “Grams.”

I stood to my feet and walked around the bed. The man of the older couple grabbed my arm. His eyes were staring into mine.

“Who are you?” He asked.

“My name's Laura, Laura May. I am one of Alex's friends.”

Suddenly the woman next to him, holding Robbie, smiled and chuckled. I looked at her and gave her a smile.

“You are as beautiful as Alex said you were.”

The tears came back again. Then a younger woman behind the old couple came closer.

“I am so happy to finally meet you. Alex talked about you frequently.”

I grinned widely. Alex must have told his entire family about me. I had no idea he cared about me so much. I was blind to see his true feelings. Maybe if he had said something sooner I would have loved him that way.

The young woman glanced behind me.

“And she must be Kimi. Black hair just like he said.”

I heard Kimi walk toward us and shake the woman's hand after she shook mine.

I suddenly heard sobs from the side of the bed. Mary was sitting and grasping her son’s hand. Everyone moved closer to him and just stared.

This was the hardest thing I ever done in my life. I didn't know what to do with myself. Kimi intertwined her fingers with mine and I finally saw the tears in her eyes.

Kimi and Alex might not have got along but she was losing him as well. We both were losing our other friend. We were the three musketeers together and without him we were just two best friends missing our brother.

The door creaked suddenly and in stepped two nurses and a doctor. Sobs got louder at the sight of them. These sobs were from the older woman and the younger woman. Kimi pulled us out of the way of the machines.

I took a deep breath and looked at him lying in bed. He looked peaceful and suddenly I knew. This wasn't the place for him anymore he deserved to be in a place where he wouldn't feel pain any longer.

“Does anyone want to say any words?”

Mary shook her head but the younger woman nodded. The doctor stepped aside while she stepped in the center.

“Well for those of you that don't know me I am Phyllis, Alex's favorite aunt.”

I grinned. Alex said she made the best homemade peanut butter cookies in the world. She really was his favorite more than she would ever know.

“He was the best nephew anyone could ask for. I didn't care about his sexuality when he first told me. I felt lucky that he told me and considered my feelings. He will be greatly missed but I know that he wouldn't want to be lying in a bed like this unresponsive. My brother, Alex's father, made the tough decision that no parent should have to make. I think he made the right choice because Alex deserves to be with the angels and have no more pain. That's all I have to say.”

She walked back into the line. Everyone else shook their heads. I nodded my head and let Kimi's hand go. I knew she was surprised by my actions but I needed this.

“Well I am Laura, Alex's friend. He was more than just a friend in my opinion. He was like a brother to me. I never had a brother before and he filled that role so perfectly. I hated him on those days that he ditched me; I had no idea the cause for it. If I could go back and take away all those bad thoughts I would.

Although sometimes I feel I wouldn't because they made our friendship. He was my other half after Kimi even if he didn't know it. I know for a fact I am going to miss him forever. On the day we graduate I know he will be looking down on us happy that we made it. I also know from everything he told that Blake's sister could use our support. She lost her brother and Alex was close to her. He would want us to show our support to her and be there for her. Well in Alex's words I am done for now but I am still talking in my head.”

Everyone chuckled. Alex always said that after a short or long speech. The door suddenly opened again and everyone turned their heads. In stepped Annie, she looked scared and her eyes were red and puffy.

The room got quiet, I guessed it was because no knew her. Her eyes scanned the room and stopped at me. I understood everything she did to me while I was kidnapped but she tried saving all of us including Alex whether anyone wanted to believe her or not.

I smiled at her and waved her toward us. Slowly she walked toward me and stopped right beside Kimi. Kimi was looking at her weirdly up and down.

“I am glad you could make it Annie.”

I heard a gasp from Mary and then her heels clicking on the tile. She stopped right in front of Annie. Annie was caught off guard as Mary threw her arms around Annie. I laughed through my tears as they hugged.

Annie lost a member of her family just like Mary had lost her son. Annie was losing her only other connection to her brother through Alex. Annie was crying as she hugged Mary back.

When they pulled away Annie laughed.

“You must be Alex's mom, Mary.”

She laughed and nodded.

“Alex never mentioned you but I heard what you did for him. I heard about your brother and I am so very sorry for your lose.”

Tears ran down everyone's cheeks. I had the pleasure of meeting Blake and he was nice despite kidnapping me and everything. He had tried to save me giving his own life in the process. Annie stood beside Kimi and I as the doctor made us settle down.

“Okay well has everyone said goodbye.”

We all nodded, even Annie. I think she had snuck in here before and told him goodbye. The nurses stood in the back while the doctor pressed a button on a machine. We all stood back while the machine stopped working and the beeping grew fainter.

Then suddenly it stopped and Alex, my other best friend, was gone from the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I hope we don't have any Alex fans because hes gone. Tear Tear.

To be honest that wasn't my choice I just started typing and that's what came from it. I know it's incredibly sad but its something that just happened.

Laura:http://www.polyvore.com/laura/set?id=40140397&lid=258026

Kimi: will be coming soon I still need to create it.

Well that's the chapter. 36 is in the making, I am about half way done with it so don't fret.

Anyway,

REMEMBER COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE & TELL A FRIEND