Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 46

November 27, 2009

The day after Thanksgiving was filled with sweet goodbyes and many hugs. I walked downstairs after putting everything back in my suitcase enjoying the good mood everyone was in. The only people that were in bad moods were Daphne and Phil.

After eating all that food they both were still suffering from hurting tummies. Daphne constantly wanted to be held and Phil just wanted to sleep away the pain. I stood at the bottom of the staircase watching Momaw talk with Robert while Karen was talking with mom.

Things between mom and Karen weren't settled by any long shot but they were at least talking. I walked past everyone in the living room toward the kitchen. Rachel and Sam were sitting in the kitchen at the table. Momaw had this huge roll table that had been stretched out for yesterday and was put away. So her make shift dining room was back to being a small sitting area. Since Momaw lived here alone she used the small table in the kitchen to eat on.

Rachel was eating some of the left-over food from yesterday, seeing it was lunch time already. Sam was stuffing his face with some of the pudding. I laughed as a spoon full of pudding fell into his lap staining his pair of jeans.

He gave me a glare standing to clean his mess.

“Hungry Laura?” asked Rachel.

Shrugging I reply, “Not really I guess. The big breakfast Momaw cooked could feed an army. I think I am just craving desert.”

“That's what I said!” exclaimed Sam as he finished cleaning the mess he made on his clothes.

Rachel smiled shaking her head. I walked over to the fridge and found the bowl of pudding. Before I could grab the bowl I heard Momaw’s voice.

“Laura, I wouldn't grab that just yet. I have an entire batch that you can take home with you. I put it in that food bag with your mother, along with some actual food, pecan pie, and half that sock-it-to-me cake.”

I closed the fridge back and looked at Momaw. I gave her a smile when I saw the wrinkles in her forehead. She was trying to stop the frown that was forming on her lips. I didn't like the idea of leaving her any more than she liked the idea of me leaving either.

I actually liked being here this year. I could forget everything for a while and just enjoy the peace my family brought with them. I moved toward her as her arms opened wide for me. She held me tight to her chest and I could feel the tears trying to stream down my cheeks.

I felt Rachel and Sam stand as well joining in on the hug. Aunt Karen and her kids lived near here so they could visit her whenever they wanted to. Unlike me who had to ride a place just to come see my own grandmother. Pulling away we all chuckled at how ridiculous we all were acting.

“Laura!” I heard Robert's voice from the living room.

Turning my head to greet him I gave a smile, “Yeah?”

He chuckled, “Molly says that our plane leaves pretty soon. She wants to know if you are ready to go just yet.”

I sigh and look down at the floor, “Yeah, my bags are packed just let me say goodbye to everyone.”

He smiles but he can tell that I'm really upset about leaving.

“Take your time just keep in mind the plane.”

He turns around walking back toward the living room, no doubt going upstairs to get my bags. I feel someone hugging me once again and I look to see Sam. He's hugging me tightly, “It was good seeing you cousin, Laura.”

I smile and hug him back and then it's Rachel's turn. We look at each other first and then we are hugging like best friends. I hug her tightly afraid that if I let go too soon she won't think of me in same way she has the entire holiday.

We pull away and she holds out her pinky, “Promise to stay in touch Laura. Pinky Promise, if you break it bad things will happen.”

I roll my eyes but intertwine my pinky with hers, “I promise on behalf of the pinky promise that I will keep in touch just as long as you hold true to your promise.”

She chuckles and nods her head, “Of course Laura, if I hold you on that pedestal I won't expect any less from myself.”

We hug once again and pull away, “I need to say goodbye to the little ones now.”

We all walk into the living room. Mom and Karen are still talking but they have included Daphne in the conversation. Daphne still looks sad as she keeps an arm around her tummy. I walk closer to them and her head turns toward me.

Despite the pain she's feeling she smiles showing her mouth at me. I can tell she's fighting with her mom and waving her arms at me. Karen turns her head to Daphne to make her stop pulling but she follows Daphne's eyes finding me.

Karen chuckles and then hands Daphne over to me. I can feel mom's eyes on me as I take Daphne into my arms. She smiles and giggles even though her tummy hurts and I hold her on my hip.

“Hey Daphne, how’s the tummy?”

She sticks her nose up and her smile turns to a frown, “Not good.”

I give her a frown with my bottom lip poking out and she smiles at me.

“I'm okay Laura. Don't be sad, I’ll be okay. So where are you going, Aunt Moll said you were going somewhere.”

I looked up at Karen and she was frowning. Daphne was going to throw a huge fit once she found out I was leaving to go back home.

“Go ahead and tell her, she needs to know so she doesn’t think you’ll be coming back,” said Aunt Karen.

I look down at Daphne and smile despite sadness that comes over me.

“Daphne?” I ask.

She looks at me with a smile, “Yeah?”

“You know that I live somewhere different right,” she nods her head and the smile changes to a frown instantly, “well since all the food’s gone and the holiday’s over I have to go back home. I have school soon, I have walk across stage in a gown and I have to attend school to be able to walk in that gown.”

She giggles, “Okay Laura. You go home and school, come back afterward promise?” She hold out her pinky like Rachel did not long ago.

I laughed and placed my pinky with hers. I really would be coming back here after school no matter what to attend college nearby.

“I, pinky promise.”

She giggled and then Robert came downstairs carrying my luggage with him. It didn’t seem to be too heavy for him. Karen held her arms out for Daphne and passed her back. I found Phil lying on the couch and gave him a hug. He didn’t seem to care much about the goodbye; he just wanted to sleep away his stomach pain.

Robert walked outside with my luggage to put it in the vehicle they had rented for our time here. Mom and I stood at the door smiling as everyone said goodbye to us. I hugged Aunt Karen before mom could drag me out the door.

“Have a safe trip, sweetie. Call me if out need me to talk or if your mom gets worse,” Karen whispered in my ear.

I smiled warmly at her and then turned toward the door.

“Bye everyone!”

I heard the chorus of goodbyes as the door was closed behind us.

“Well that was eventful,” said mom causing me to roll my eyes. She had only been around for mostly a day and half because of the argument. I followed mom to the vehicle as Robert was sitting in the passenger seat. I took the seat behind Robert and buckled my seat belt. Mom backed out of the drive as Robert changed the station of the radio. I pulled out my cellphone looking at the front screen, No new messages, No new calls.

Sighing I got comfortable for the ride to the airport. Turned out Robert and Mom couldn’t ride the regular plane so I got stuck riding alone. Robert was frowning at me as mom hugged me goodbye at the airport

I shrugged and got my ticket from mom and she dragged Robert away. I walked over to find a seat, Mom and Robert would probably be there before me since I had to wait on my plane.

I was waiting to hear my plane announcement when I felt the vibrating of my phone. Pulling my phone from my pocket the ID read ☺Kimi☺.

Grinning I pressed send or talk.

“He…”

“Laura, I can’t talk for long okay. Turns out my trip has been delayed something came up with my father’s family. I won’t be back home until after school has already started I can’t be sure how long alright.”

Frowning and huffing I answer, “Yeah, I understand.”

“Good well I have to go Laura, good luck at school without me.”

The line disconnects and once again I’m left alone with my thoughts. I sit comfortably against the seat and block out all thoughts. I suddenly hear the call for my plane and stand to my feet.

**

If I said it once I’ll say it again, I hate flying. This time there wasn’t any hot guy to keep the nerves at bay. My neighbor this time was a fat man that slept the entire ride and snored very loudly.

I stepped off the plane and fished out my phone from my pocket. Hitting the power on I waited for the front screen to open.

One new message from unknown #

Just in case my mother ever found my phone or his I never added his other number, it wasn’t safe.

Waiting on you in the waiting area. Molly went home ahead of me since I decided to wait on you.

I grinned widely and ran through the crowd. I pulled my bag closer to me as I moved between people all around. I finally came to the waiting area and my eyes looked all around.

Robert was easy to spot since he was mostly the only one wearing shades to cover his face. His hood was up over his head and I couldn’t help but laugh at him. As calmly as I could I walked around people straight toward where Robert was sitting.

“Excuse me are you waiting for someone?” I asked trying not to laugh.

“Yeah kind of am.”

I chuckled, “Well I was so sure I was the one you were waiting on.”

His head snapped up and his lips formed a smile. Before I could react he moved his hands around my neck pulling my lips in for a kiss. I missed kissing him, nothing was better than kissing him, I would gladly give up the ability to breathe if it meant being able to kiss him longer.

No wanting to make out in public he pulled away.

“We have to hurry, Molly’s in the car.”

My smile turned to a frown, “I thought…”

He cut me off, “Me too, but she texted a few minutes ago saying she decided to come back. The house was too quiet but waiting inside was too loud, she needed to get the SUV anyway.”

I nodded and turned in the direction for baggage claim. Robert grabbed my bags like a gentleman and then we were heading toward the parking area. We were both quiet, I didn’t really know what to say right now. What could I really say about their relationship? Every time I came close to saying something I backtracked, his relationship with my mom was complicated. There was no way that she was going to allow her youngest daughter to take away the only man that seemed to lover her for her or so she thought.

All too soon we were standing beside the SUV. Mom rolled the windows down and smiled, “Well hurry up. I have a splitting headache for those brats of Karen’s and I need a nap.”

I sighed, Mom was back to being her b****y self.

She popped the trunk for Robert to put my bags in the back and I opened the back door and hopped inside. After I buckled my seat belt I pulled out my iPod from my bag.

“Did you enjoy yourself Laura?” asked mom while she looked in the mirror.

“Yeah I did actually.” It didn’t matter what I said she wasn’t paying attention anyway.

“That’s good honey.”

Rolling my eye I place the earplug in my ears and started some music I didn’t bother to look for title of. Robert quickly hoped in the passenger seat and then mom started driving toward home. I watched the scenery change from the window and then a yawn came from my mouth.

Checking the time on my phone I saw it was already 3:12pm. By the time I was mostly unpacked it would be time to get all my things ready for a bath then bed.

Mom carefully pulled the SUV in the garage and then cut the engine.

“Robert get Laura’s bag. Laura, make sure you help him get them to your room. This headache’s about to kill me. I’m going to take some Ibuprofen and then taking a nap.”

She pushed her door opened and walked to the door to the garage that leads to the house. I never parked my jeep in here for the simple fact there wasn’t ever any room; she wanted room in the garage for her sports car when she came home. That could mean her coming home at any time and my jeep couldn’t be in there since her SUV was always here.

Turning off my music I slide out of the vehicle and then slam the door shut behind me. I walk around the back to the SUV to see Robert pulling my bags from the trunk.

“Go ahead inside Laura. Put your things away in your room and I’ll be there shortly.”

I nod my head and walk toward the door mom left opened. The house is much warmer than it is outside. I smile at the warmth and walk deeper in the house. I can hear mom groaning from her room upstairs as I get closer to the stairs.

Taking a couple steps at a time, being careful not to trip, I run to my room just to make extra noise to p**s her off even more. I push my bedroom door open and smile as I take in the smell from the glade plug in from the wall.

I drop my bags on the bed and let myself fall backward giggling as I bounce in the air. I stare at the ceiling for a second and then hear Robert coming up the stairs with my luggage. Knowing better than to let him do it alone and I run out to help him.

I take the smaller less heavy bags and then carry them to my bedroom. Robert’s right behind me and leaves the bigger bags in the middle of my room.

“Robert! I need you please.”

I sigh at the urgency in my mother’s voice and I can hear the defeated sigh from Robert.

“I guess I’ll talk to you later.”

“I guess so.”

I don’t bother turning around as he walks out of my room pulling the door closed behind him. I grab the bags and start unpacking. For two hours I pick through my bags putting away the things I would mostly wear. I don’t unpack completely because Christmas holiday is just around the corner and that way I don’t have to pack so much stuff again.

I place the bags back in my closet and as I’m closing the door a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I jump and hear Robert’s laugh in my ear.

I hit his arm, “You ass. You scared the shit out of me.”

I turn to look at his face but he doesn’t look upset, he looks happy.

“Sorry Laura. Your mom’s asleep so I thought I would come in here to surprise you.”

I shrug and smile, “So what’s with the smile?” I had to ask.

His eyes are sparkling with a hidden joy I’ve never seen before.

“Oh nothing maybe it has to do with this?”

He pulls out a black velvet box and a gasp comes from my lips. I hear him chuckle, “Here Laura. I bought that ring for your mother a while back because I felt obligated to buy her jewelry but with you I don’t feel obligated. I went out yesterday and bought this for you.”

He hands me the box and I take it from his hands. With my shaky hands I slowly open the box to find a silver heart shaped necklace. It’s beautiful with two heart stuck together, intertwining with each other to make the other a complete heart.

I can feel the tears leaking from my eyes as I look up at him, “Th-Thank you.”

He smiles and releases the breath I didn’t realize he was holding, “Well I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a date with me tomorrow. I can always make some up some lie to Molly about where I’m going and then you can lie as well. Just say yes, please.”

I smile and open my mouth to reply when there’s knocking on my bedroom door. I close the box out of reflex and the door comes opened.

“Robert, Laura! I just got a call from a client in LA. They were in a huge car accident and I have to leave now.”

I sigh but nod my head knowing Robert will have to tag along with her.

“Robert, you don’t mind staying with Laura, do you? Its last minute and I don’t feel comfortable with her here alone with Ben still on the loose.”

My eyes widen and I look at Robert. I know he’s fighting smile from the way his lips are curving at the corners.

“I don’t mind Molly. Plus this is your client; they wouldn’t want another client with them anyway.”

Mom sighs, “Could help me pack a small bag. I unpacked earlier and now I need to pack again.”

Robert nods his head and follows her out of the room. They close the door behind them and I can’t help the squeal that comes from my mouth. Robert and I alone in this house for days! This is crazy. I smile as I open the box once again admiring the hearts intertwined. Just like us, you need the other person’s heart to complete yours and that love.

About an hour later, Mom’s shower fresh and packed, hugging Robert at the door. She gives me a hug after Robert and smiles at the both of us.

“If you need me Robert you have my number of course. Laura, please be on your best behavior with Robert. He really is new to this so don’t give him a hard time.”

I have to fight the urge to roll my eyes. She really has no idea about the two of us and it will no doubt forever stay that way.

“Well I have to go for the jet to get me to LA on time. Be good, and goodbye.”

Robert and I wave her goodbye as she closes the door behind her and makes her way to the taxi at the road. Robert laughs holding his stomach. I shake my head and suddenly I’m picked up and carried to the couch. Robert lays me down on my back and hovers over me.

“You never gave me an answer.”

I giggle and then rise up to give him a kiss. We kiss for a few minutes, him pleading for entrance causes me to pull away. I laugh at him, pout and bite my lip.

“My answer’s yes.”

His face beams and then he captures my lips with his once again and I know this just might be the best weekend in history.

----
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's Note:

To warn everyone chapter 48 is entirely in Robert's Point of view. I thought it was time for his point of view before the date.

Laura's oufit:http://www.polyvore.com/leaving_coming_home_laura/set?id=46660327