Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 49

Laura's POV

Pulling the door opened I find Robert standing on the other side of the door. He's smiling at me holding a bouquet of flowers wrapped in plastic in his hands.

My eyes widen at the sight of his tux and the flowers. I always thought he looked good in a tux on the screen but seeing him in a tux for real right in front of me was something different. The jacket was a dark blue but he was wearing a white shirt and a black tie. I was trying not to drop my jaw at how absolutely gorgeous he looked.

The shades were something I had gotten used to for as long as I known him around here. They just made everything better because I never wanted him to be uncomfortable around me. Hiding his identity was for his safety as well as my own but I didn't care about my own safety nearly as much.

“These are for you, my lady.” He handed me the bouquet of flowers and I graciously took them.

“Why thank you, kid sir. Come on in while I put these in some water in my room.”

He smiled that Edward Cullen smile and stepped in the house closing the door behind him. I walked into the kitchen and found a vase and filled it halfway with some water. Next, I took the flowers from the plastic and placed them inside the vase, leaving it in the kitchen. Running back upstairs to put them back in my room would be dangerous in high heels.

I walked back toward the foyer of the house hearing my heels clicking on the floor.

“I'm ready when you are.”

I held the jacket up and tried putting my arms through the sleeves when Robert saw the trouble I was having. He smiled and chuckled walking toward me helping me put the jacket up my arms and on my body.

His lips lingered around my ear and pressed a kiss to my neck while whispering, “You look absolutely beautiful Laura. Everyone is going to be looking at my date tonight; maybe we should stay here and keep their eyes away from you.”

I giggled and replied, “Well that sounds fine with me.”

He chuckled, “Of course it would Laura. Now that you are ready to go, we have reservations.”

I quirked an eyebrow, “Really? You didn't need to. Any place would have been great.”

He rolled his eyes, “You are the only woman I have ever met that doesn't want to be pampered like the queen she is.”

I smiled, “Well I thought that was what you liked about me.”

He lowered his lips to my ear again and answered, “Correction, that's what I love about you.”

I could feel the warmth in my cheeks as he straightened up and took my hand. He walked out first and I pulled the door closed making sure that it was locked good and tight. He grabbed my hand once again and we walked to the SUV.

He was such a gentleman holding the door open and helping me into the vehicle since I wasn't coordinated enough in heels. Closing the door once I was in he walked calmly to the driver side door. He climbed into the car just as I buckled my seat belt. Grinning at me, he placed the key in the ignition.

I took a deep breath as he changed gears and backed out of the driveway. I was nervously fidgeting with the skirt of my dress. I could feel Robert looking at me from the corner of his eye, making my nerves spike.

“I think I know the answer already but are you going to tell me where we are going?”

He chuckled, “You already know the answer to the question.”

I sighed and pouted, my bottom lip sticking out. I heard him groan as he stopped at a red light that would take us into the main part of town. Suddenly I heard him move around in his seat and I whipped my head toward him.

My eyes caught him leaning over his seat toward me. His hand grabbed my chin softly and pulled me in for a kiss. I felt him pull my bottom lip in his mouth sucking on it causing me to let out a moan. The thing that broke us apart was the horn of the car behind us.

He quickly pulled away and hit the gas causing us to lean forward for a minute. A giggle escaped my mouth and I could feel the warmth in my cheeks. My hands found the bottom of my dress once again and I was fidgeting. I didn't know the name of the song coming from the dim volume radio but it was calming me down slightly.

My eyes took in the scenery out my window and I could tell we were going downtown. I tried to rack my brain for restaurants that required reservations but nothing came to mind. I was struck, suddenly, by all the preparation Robert had gone through to make my first date perfect.

The car turned down a dimly lit street and my nerves started kicking in overdrive.

“Are you taking me to a place where no one can hear my screams? Are you a secret killer by night and actor by day?”

He chuckled which in turn relieved the nerves in my stomach.

“Of course not, Laura, I care about you too much to kill you.”

He turned again and pulled the SUV into parking place. The wall in front of the car was brick but there was no name on the building.

“Wait for me.”

I gave him a confused look but he smirked and moved from the car. I watched him walk around the front of the vehicle toward my door and it clicked. My lips turned up in a smile as he opened my door and took my hand helping me from the car. I smoothed out the dress before we walked around the car toward what I presumed to be a door. Robert knocked on the door and we waited.

His thumb was rubbing small circles across my knuckles. Suddenly the peep hole of the door was opened for a split second and then it opened.

“Right this way Mr. Pattinson.”

My eyes widen at the use of his actual last name. Robert stepped in first and pulled me in behind him. The place was dimly lit and the man directing us toward our table walked through a door off to the side. I took in the door that leads to the main part of the restaurant but we didn't go through that part.

I walked beside Robert as we walked through a small hallway before the door in front of us was opened.

“Your private room, sir.”

Private Room?! Oh my god, I have never been in a private room of a restaurant before. He went through way too much trouble for this date.

Robert pulled on my hand and led me through into the room.

“Your servers will be right with shortly.”

Now that we were in a more lit room I could take in the man that had directed us here. He was dressed very formal in a dark tux with gold tie and white shirt. I instantly could tell he was the manager since he didn't trust anyone else with such an important client.

He smiled at us and then walked out closing the door behind him. I turned my head and took in the room. My eyes widened at the romantic feel of the room from the stone wall to the table for two, and the logs on fire through the glass. The glass seemed to be the type that people couldn't look in at us but I could see through it fine.

I even took in our private dance area with radio for the music.

“Do you like it?”

I whipped my head toward Robert seeing him without his shades. My heart began to beep erratically at the sight of his blue eyes.

“Y-Your sh-shades!”

He chuckled, “Now you understand what I had to do earlier for our date. Our servers and kitchen crew are just for us and only us. I met them today and they already know about the date just not my date herself. I made sure none of them would be a problem tonight for you.”

I smiled, “You also did this so I wouldn't have to deal with you wearing shades during dinner right?”

He gave me that smirk again and I smiled chuckling.

“Would you care to have a seat Milady?”

I giggled and nodded as he took my hand leading me toward the beautiful table. He helped me pull off my jacket and I pulled out my black clutch from the pocket and sit it on the table. He pulled out my chair and I took seat.

He walked to the chair across from me and smiled. The table was small and there was a small vase of flowers in the center of the table. Robert looked down at the flowers and frowned, “I told them no flowers for a table this small.”

I don't think I was supposed to hear that since he said it so low. I couldn't help but chuckle and shake my head, “Robert everything can't be perfect. The imperfections of something like this is what makes it perfect. Robert we aren't by any means the perfect couple with everything going on between us, so just think of this way nothing is going to be perfect and easy between us. It makes dealing with the imperfection easier if you already saw them coming.”

He knitted his eyebrows, “So you didn't expect this to be a perfect date?”

I smiled but shook my head, “No date ever is. I'm not coordinated enough in heels which could cause me to trip and hurt myself, nothing with me ever is perfect Robert.”

He chuckled and shook his head. He opened his mouth to say something but the door behind us opened. I hadn't even seen the door at first and I noticed that it was for our servers. A young woman walks to your table and she's smiling brightly at us.

“Hi my name's Julie. I'll be your server tonight along with my co-worker, Hilary. Here are your menus,” she hands us both menus, “Now what can I get you to drink?”

I open my mouth to answer but Robert answers for the both of us, “We will take some red wine, maybe later she'll want something else.”

The girl smiles and nods her head, “I'll be right back with that bottle and to retrieve your order.”

She turns and walks back out the door she came through. I look at Robert with an eyebrow raised, “You do realize that I can’t really drink that here. If they find out...”

He cuts me off, “They won't; I never mentioned anything about my date. Plus I just wanted you to try it. If you don't like it or the feeling it gives you than you can get something else.”

I sigh nodding as I open the menu. I see quite a few things I would love to eat but Robert suggest something first.

“How about we order appetizers, dinner, and then dessert?”

I chuckle, “Are you sure we can hold all that food?”

He smiles, “Considering I only ate a half sandwich earlier today than I know I can since I burned off breakfast and lunch.”

I shrug my shoulders, “Okay than, what do you want to eat than?”

He sighs and looks down at the menu, “What about mozzarella sticks? You like those right?”

My eyes widened and I nodded causing him to chuckle, “Okay now pick your diner.”

I looked at the menu and tapped my chin in thought, “What are you getting?”

He chuckled, “Shrimp and Steak with fries.”

I nodded and continued to look. Nothing seemed to be jumping out until I came across the chicken casserole.

“I think I'll get the chicken casserole, nothing else is jumping out at me.”

He nodded, “Get whatever you want.”

I bit my lip, “Will you share your shrimp if I asked for any?”

He chuckled, “Of course, Laura.”

We looked at the desserts then. The entire page made my mouth water from the chocolate cake to the berry pie.

“I know what I'm getting for dessert,” answered Robert looking at the menu.

“What's that?”

He chuckled, “German Chocolate Cake, really good tried it before. It's got coconut in it.”

I nodded, “I think I'll be getting...” I tapped my chin and looked at the menu. It was so difficult to choose.

“A piece of red velvet cake.”

He smiled, “Sounds good.”

“I hope so.”

We put the menus down under our arms and he stared at me.

“I love the dress by the way.”

I lowered my head to conceal the blush forming on my face.

“Tha-Thanks. I found it at a boutique in town.”

I raised my head in time to see him smile and nod, “Well I'm glad you bought it. It looks magnificent on you.”

I smiled and looked down at the menu. Just in time the door opened once again and the waitress came back in. She smiled at us as she filled our glasses with the bottle of red wine she had. She placed the bottle on the table and smiled at us.

“Are you ready to order?”

Robert nodded, “Can we order the appetizers, dinner, and dessert now?”

She smiled and nodded her head, “Yes, of course sir.”

“Okay then well our appetizers will be the mozzarella sticks.”

She pulled out the pad and began writing down what he said.

“My dinner will be the steak and shrimp with fries.”

She nodded, “How would you like your steak?”

“Well done,” he said, “with a little pink in the middle.”

She smiled and turned toward me. I could see Robert getting nervous.

“For you?”

I gave a smile, “I would like the chicken casserole, please.”

She nodded and wrote down the order, “Now for dessert.”

“German Chocolate Cake,” answered Robert, “Red Velvet cake,” I answered.”

She giggled and wrote down everything.

“Will that be all?”

Robert nodded but I asked, “The radio over there does it have a CD or the radio?”

She smiled, “There are a few CD's but if you don't like them then the radio.”

I nodded and she replied, “Well I'll be back shortly with your appetizer.”

She grabbed our menus and then walked back out the door. Robert stood to his feet and walked over to the radio. I watched him pull out a CD and place it in the player. He messed with the buttons and then I heard soft classical music playing. He smiled at me and then took his seat once again.

“It was too quiet in here, don't you think?”

I nodded, “All better to hear you.”

He chuckled, “So what's going on in your life?”

I shrugged, “Not really. I mean you already know Kimi isn't coming back until after school gets started. I tried calling her earlier today but she didn't answer. I called Rachel though but she was busy, her siblings are all sick with the stomach flu.”

“That sounds bad.”

“Yeah, what about your family? I mean you haven't really gotten to see them much since you started dating my mother.”

I lowered his head to the table and his hand started playing with the bottom of his glass.

“Yeah well I don't know. They won't talk to me much, they don't like Molly. My sister was the first to meet her and instantly didn't like her. She showed up the set for Remember Me and met Molly then. She hates her but I lied to Molly because at the time I really liked Molly. Liz claimed she could tell something was amiss with Molly. I see what she was talking about now though, she was more passionate about her work than her kids and family.”

I nodded and looked at the glass filled with wine. I raised the glass and took a sip, Robert watching me the entire time. The liquid went down my throat and I stuck my nose in the air.

He frowned, “You don't like it.”

“Sorry, it tastes weird. I guess I'm sensitive to the taste of drinks and food or something.”

He sighed and I watched him stand to his feet. He walked to the wall and I watched him press a button.

Suddenly a voice came on, “Yes Mr. Pattinson, what can I get you?”

“Well my date didn't like the wine. She would like some sweet tea if you have any.”

“Sure thing Mr. Pattinson. Your server is coming right out with that.”

“Thank you.”

He walked back to the table and smiled at me, “You sure went through a lot of trouble for this date.”

He shrugged, “I know but I wanted it to be perfect.”

The door came opened and I saw two women walk in this time. The other woman was pushing a cart with the woman from before was carrying a jug of ice tea. The woman pushing the tray stopped right beside the table and uncovered the plate revealing our appetizer of mozzarella sticks.

She placed the plate in the center of the table and placed napkins in front of each of us. The woman from before walked around to my right side and filled another glass with the sweet tea from the jug she carried. She picked up my glass with wine and took it with her.

“If you need anything else please use the intercom.”

She and the other woman walked out once again. I took a drink of the tea and smiled, “They have really good tea, really sweet.”

“That's great.”

We each reached out and grabbed a few sticks and started eating. Diner continued like this, the easy talking to the teasing. I never had more fun in my life or eaten such good food. We had eaten our dinner rubbing our stomachs and wondering how we were going to hold the dessert.

“We could bring it home with us?” I suggested.

“Molly could come home and find it though.”

I nodded, “Let's eat as much as we can and then if we can't finish it we get unlabeled containers. She'll think we got them from eating out like you told her earlier.”

Robert had mentioned talking to my mother earlier in the day while he was here fixing everything.

“Robert, I really don't know who my mom could have been talking about on the phone. I know she took a lot of the heat when my father and her split. She blames me, I think; she didn't have to quick break because the courts had to deal with me because I was still a minor when they divorced.”

He sighed, “Yeah I kind of figured that. She could have been talking about the stuff with Ben though too. I mean if she hadn't ever dated the guy he wouldn't have come after you. She has to deal with a lot of that from family and everyone else because her youngest got kidnapped by some psychopath.”

“Let’s talk about something else. The topic of Ben has me looking over my shoulder.”

Robert nodded and then the door opened again. The quiet woman came rolling in the cart once again and uncovered the plates. She placed the red cake in from of me and the chocolate cake in front of Robert. She smiled at us and asked, “Do you need anything else by any chance?”

Robert shook his head, “That would be all. Thank you.”

I took this chance to say something, “I would like to thank you and everyone else. You have all done a superb job with everything. This night has been perfect and I know, I can feel it, that Robert here was intimidating earlier today but all of you have done a great job.”

She grinned and nodded, “Thank you. We tried our best to make this special for you.”

I smiled as she pushed the cart back out the door leaving us alone once again. I took a bite of the cake and moaned at the taste.

“That good, huh?”

I looked at him and nodded my head since I couldn't talk or smile with a full mouth. We talked about a bunch of nonsense while we finished our dessert. I finished all of my food and patted my stomach, “I don't even want to see any more food for the rest of the evening.”

“Me too.”

Robert leaned back in his seat and patted his stomach. He stared at me for the longest time and then stood to his feet. He walked over to my seat and held out his hand, “Care for a dance?”

I grinned showing my teeth and took his hand. He led me to the center of the makeshift dance floor and walked over to the CD player. I watched him change CD's and then he pressed a few buttons and suddenly music filled the room.

Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight came from the radio. My face got warm suddenly as Robert came toward me and took my hand in his. He moved me so that my head was resting on his shoulder and he held my hand and swayed to the music. I didn't really know how to dance as well as he did but it worked out great with the way he held me close to his chest.

At each time the song played the title of the song he sang it in my ear. His voice was so beautiful in my ear. At the last line of the song his fingers found my chin raising my eyes to meet his. He leaned his lips down to my lips and I met him halfway.

I felt we had stopped moving but it didn't stop our kiss in anyway. He kissed me back passionately running his tongue across my bottom lip asking for entrance. I gave in all too soon and he came creeping into my mouth exploring every single crevice there was. He then came and played with my tongue causing a moan to come from my throat.

We pulled away way too soon in my opinion and he smiled at me. His fingers rubbed across my shoulders and I felt the chill bumps explode across the skin. He must have felt them as because a smirk came to his lips then.

He took my hand as another song started playing. He twirled me around making me giggle and then he dipped me and kissed me lips once again as he pulled me back up. This time I got the extra confidence and barged my tongue right in his mouth without asking for permission. I sought out his tongue and played with his and rubbed against the roof of his mouth enjoying the moan that came from the back of his throat.

He pulled away that time and grinned at me. His thumb rubbed across my cheek and he kissed my forehead before taking my hand once again. He led me back to the table and pulled out my chair once again.

“Do you want to get anything else to go?”

I bit my lip, “Can we, by any chance, get a couple more pieces of cake to take with us?”

He grinned and walked over to the intercom. He pressed a button once again and the same voice came back.

“Yes Mr. Pattinson?”

“My date would like to take a couple of pieces of that red velvet cake home with her.”

“Sure thing Mr. Pattinson. Would you like your server to bring out the check as well?”

“No thanks just charge it to the credit card I gave the manager. Make sure the server brings some unlabeled containers for the food.”

“Of course sir, have a good night.”

“You as well. Thanks for the wonderful evening.”

Robert walked back to the table and moved his seat right next to me. He held my hand in his and rubbed along my knuckles. We waited for our server to bring the food and she didn't disappoint.

She came through the door holding a white foam container without any names on them. She placed them on the table and looked up, “I hope you both had a wonderful night. Please by all means come again; it was a pleasure serving you.”

She smiled at me as she walked back out the door. I looked at Robert to see him standing and pulling the shades from his pants pocket. So this meant we were leaving and possibly going home. I hated how my body filled with dread at the idea of home. This date was over and reality would sit in soon.

“Ready to go?”

He helped me to stand and grabbed my jacket for me. I held out my arms and he pushed the jacket up my arms on my shoulders.

“I hope this date was everything you wanted and more.”

I looked up at him and smile widely, “This date was everything I wanted and more. You have no idea how much I wish it would never end.”

He smiled and kissed my lips before standing straight, “The date might be over but the night is just getting started.”

At that idea I felt my heart take off in a sprint. He took my hand after I grabbed my things and the door came opened once again. Another man was standing at the door and waved us behind him. He led us back the way we came toward the door we walked into.

“Thanks for the great evening, she loved it.” replied Robert.

“I'll be sure to tell the boss. Have a great evening sir.”

Robert walked me to my side of the car and then he climbed in on the driver side door. My fingers started fidgeting with my dress once again as he backed out heading back home, I suppose.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's Note:

Well the date is over with except for the after date festivities. Did any of you get hungry reading this? I know I got hungry while typing it. The cheese sticks, casserole, and red velvet cake?! Damn now I'm hungry again.