Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 52

November 30, 2009-December 4, 2009

The entire week of school was pure hell. I had to deal with the reminder of not having Alex there to help me out. Luke wasn't even talking to me so everything had pretty much been hell. Mom coming home on Sunday made the day absolute hell.

She had Robert under her butt the entire day. I hated how much she flaunted their relationship in front of me. She had no idea what Robert and I had done while she was gone so she had no idea just how much she was killing me.

Since Mom had Robert tucked under her butt all week Robert wasn't able to come to my room during the week. I figured it was because he didn't want to ruin my sleep for school but most of the night's I still didn't get enough sleep. Sunday night I pretty much cried myself to sleep and had most of the week. I couldn't sleep for worry about school which would bring on the world's worst headache.

It was now Friday and as much as I was glad for school to be over I didn't want to go home. The constant reminder that Robert wasn't completely mine was staring me in the face. I hadn't heard from Kimi all week so I had no idea when she was coming home.

I sighed as I stood from the desk of my last class. The teachers were brutal all week but they all decided no homework over the weekend. My creative writing class was given an assignment due before Christmas break since that class was just about over. I could do that at any time so I didn't really have any homework this weekend.

I decided to stop at my locker to put away the unneeded books. I crept out of the class slowly taking my time to get to my locker. The longer I took, the longer it took for me to get home and the less time I had to sit and watch mom with Robert.

The hall was full of students running toward the entrance dying to get out of this place. I wished I could be that happy but I was slowly dying inside. One of my best friend's was dead, the locker still had some of the words and pictures on the front and it was a constant reminder of what had happened.

I wished with all my might that he was still here. I could still talk to him; he could make me laugh despite my bad mood. I could have gone to his house for a few hours before going home. Everything would be so much better if he was still alive and goofing off next to me.

I took a deep breath trying to will the tears away. I had been doing so good, just crying at night over his death and crying over the entire Robert situation. I pulled open the locker and the pictures caught my eye. There were a few of just Kimi and me, Alex and me, and then all three of us. I couldn't find it in me to just toss the photos or take them off my locker to keep from reminding me.

I kept them to at least keep myself thinking about him and to smile. Alex wouldn't want me moping around with him being dead. He would want me to smile and laugh at all the crazy things we did and got caught for.

I closed my eyes as the tears started to leak out of my eyes and pulled the flap off of my backpack. My black and white side backpack with the gold writing on the front was what I had used all week. It wasn't as heavy since some of my classes didn't have books.

I put in the unneeded books in the locker as well as some of the folders and tablets and grabbed my creative writing folder. If Kimi still wasn't in town this weekend I was going to work on that assignment locked away in my room with the music turned up to drown out their conversations.

I closed the locker once I was done and flipped the lock making sure it was locked good and tight. The hall was mostly deserted by now as I slowly crept toward the parking lot. As I got to Alex's locker I saw it out of the corner of my eye. They were slowly cleaning the words off but kept the pictures up there as a reminder of who we lost.

I stepped out of the school feeling the sun beaming down on me. It didn't help with the colder wind blowing. I slowly made my way to my jeep that Robert had gotten from Kimi's house on Sunday. Mom refused to drive me from school and to school so she dropped Robert off at Kimi's house to retrieve my jeep.

I sighed as I stood beside my jeep. Just as I was about to place the key in the lock I heard my phone going off. Aerosmith's song Crazy was playing and I grinned showing my teeth. I quickly placed the key in the lock and then tossed my backpack inside. I pulled my bag from my side and sat it on the seat rummaging through it for my phone.

By the time I opened it the song had stopped and it was only blinking.

New Message from ☺Kimi☺

Hey girl I'm home!! FINALLY RIGHT?!Come over and fill me in on everything single thing!


I smiled chuckling. What in the world was I going to tell her? Would she be able to tell what had happened between Robert and me? Would she be angry at me for giving in or mad at Robert for the entire situation?

I type in a quick reply and hopped in the jeep.

COOL! FINALLY! I'll be there soon got to get some clothes from home.

I started the jeep turning on the radio listening to the music. I suddenly feel so much better. Better than I have all week. I have been cooped up in the house every day after school since Kimi hasn't been here and I haven't really heard from Annie.

Speaking of Annie we should give her a call today and invite her to catch up. I stop at a red light enjoying the good mood I'm in. Even the cold windy day can't get me down. I just hope that Kimi won't be too mad about what happened between Robert and me.

I pull the jeep in the driveway and cut the engine. The SUV is sitting in the drive while mom's car sits in the garage. I take a breath willing my nerves to calm down some. I open the door to the jeep and grab my backpack and bag. I pull my purse over my shoulder and leave my backpack on my shoulder so I can toss it on my bed.

I shut the door to the jeep and make my way to the front door. I take very careful steps being as slow as I can knowing that once again I'll catch them in a bad position. Monday after school I caught them making out on the couch. Just making out. Wednesday I caught them with mom's shirt off and Robert making out with her. Isn't life just grand that way?

I am sure to make as little noise as possible because I want to catch them even though it'll hurt. I mean I love the guy but he's dating my mother and I get my heart broke every time I see them together.

I step in the house shivering from the cold outside. The a/c is going in the house which doesn't help the shivering. I can't turn up the heat or mom will kill me, figuratively speaking. Suddenly I hear a moan coming from the living room. I close my eyes taking a deep breath to prepare myself for what I'm about to see. I open them once again and creep toward the living room.

I hold my bag's strap feeling my fingers dig into the palm of my hand. I should have known. I shouldn't have been so stupid, so naive. I moved my head around the wall and I had to fight to contain my gasp.

Mom was under Robert in nothing but her underwear. Robert was in his underwear as well hovering above her.

“Robert!” I heard her moan, “Do you have a condom?”

My eyes widened and I could feel the tears coming to my eyes. I couldn't stand there and listen to his reply because I was determined to leave here and go to Kimi's. She would take my mind off of everything. I didn't care if I made a ton of noise and let them know, especially him, that I was home and had heard them. I walked to the stairs still hearing them from the living room. Their moans were getting louder so they wouldn't be able to hear me going up the stairs.

I walked up the stairs as fast as I could knowing they wouldn't hear me over the moans they were making now. I ran to my room pushing the door open and hearing it hit the wall. I tossed my backpack to the floor hearing the thud as it hit the hardwood carpeted floor.

I quickly found a bag and started stuffing clothes in my bag. My tears were clouding my vision by now so I wasn't sure about half the things I grabbed. I knew by now they had both heard me but no one had made the effort to come and check on me. I zipped up the bag after I added in my laptop and then grabbed another pair of shoes putting them on top of my bag.

I take a deep breath willing the tears to cease but they don't. I run to my bedroom door pulling out my key. I hadn't locked my bedroom in months but now I was locking it. I slammed the door and placed in my key making sure it was locked. I ran down the stairs hearing their encounter now over.

Just as I pulled the door opened I saw Robert walk into the foyer. His shirt was still off and in his hand. His eyes took in my face and I watched his face crumble but I gave him a glare running out of the house. Let them wonder where I went for all I care. She doesn't deserve to know anything.

I hop in my jeep and decide to make them wonder where I went. I toss the bag in the passenger seat and slammed the door shut. I could feel the sob trying the break free and my vision was still blurred. I stopped for a split second and wiped my eyes and my nose feeling the snot running down into my mouth.

I jammed in the key almost breaking it and changed gears. I quickly pulled out of the drive as I saw Robert and mom standing at the door. I hit the gas and turned up the music going the long way to Kimi's house. Mom wouldn't think about me taking this way to go to Kimi's house and if she did maybe she would give me some space. Robert's call would be ignored anyway so I didn't have to worry about him.

I suddenly started listening to the radio. Taio Cruz's song Break Your Heart was playing through my speakers. I couldn't help the laugh that came from my mouth. Of all songs to be playing at this moment it was that song. Robert was only breaking my heart at every single turn.

I stopped at the red light prepared to make a turn to take the long way to Kimi's. I wiped my eyes and found a tissue to blow my nose. Suddenly I heard my phone ringing. I took a breath and pulled it from my purse wrapped around my torso. The ID read ♥Unknown.

Before the date I had managed to put in the number for Robert's other phone but since I didn't want to take the chance of mom finding it I just put it as unknown. Make her wonder about who that was and if I had a secret boyfriend.

I hit ignore and dropped the phone back in my purse. I made the turn going to Kimi's. The long way made me a little late getting there. I pulled into her drive and watched the front door come open. I grinned wiping my face and opened the door as Kimi ran toward me. I laughed at her grinning face and we met half way hugging one another to death. It had been two weeks since we had seen each other.

She giggled as we pulled away but her smile turned to a frown as she took in my face.

She sighed and replied, “Robert?”

I nodded, “I'll tell you in the house. Can I put my jeep in the garage? Just in case mom or Robert passes by thinking I'm here. I don't want them calling here looking for me.”

She nodded, “Of course. Mom won't care too much about it. She knows how Molly is these days so she won't mind.”

I grinned, “Thanks can you open it for me?”

She nods, “Come in the house from the garage.”

I nodded watching her run back in the house. I walk calmly back to my jeep and closed the door. I waited inside the jeep for her to open the garage. She opened it less than three minutes later and I pulled the jeep in the garage next to her car. I quickly cut the engine and I heard her close the garage back. I pulled the key from the ignition and dropped it in my purse.

Grabbing my bag from the passenger seat I hopped out of the jeep shutting the door closed behind me. The door came opened to the house and I saw Kimi standing there with her arms folded.

“I take it this conversation will be done in the bedroom with chocolate and tons of ice cream?”

She knew me too well. I loved having a best friend like her. I smiled and nodded feeling the emotions trying to come out once again. She walked toward me taking the bag from my hands.

“Don't worry Laura; we can bad talk him all night if that makes you happy.”

I shrugged, “I'm more worried how you're going to take it.”

She frowned, “That bad, huh?”

“Depends on how you look at I guess.”

She sighed and walked into the house with me following right behind her. She walked into the kitchen me right on her tail. Jennifer was sitting at the table reading a magazine with a coke next to her. The ashtray in front of her was full of ashes telling me she had started back smoking. Jennifer had a bad habit with smoking, but she could always stop cold turkey. I noticed more times that when she started back would be when Kimi was around her father more often.

Kimi opened the freezer and grabbed two containers of ice cream and then closed the door back. She found some clean spoons in the drain rack.

“Hey Laura, how was your Thanksgiving?” asked Jennifer finally noticing we were in the kitchen with her.

I smiled remembering Thanksgiving break. It seemed so long ago but it reality had only been last week.

“It was okay I suppose. Mom caused a ruckus with my aunt, her sister. Kind of ruined the first couple days before Thanksgiving. Although I think I have a better relationship with my cousin Rachel now thanks to that.”

She smiled, “That sounds interesting.”

I shrugged, “Nothing in my family is ever calm.”

She giggled and I heard Kimi scoffed, “Tell me about it,” Kimi muttered under her breath.

“Well I guess you are staying the night? Having an ice cream attack are we?” Jennifer asked seeing the containers of ice cream in her daughter’s hands.

Kimi rolls her eyes, “Obviously Laura has had a bad day possibly a bad week with those circles under her eyes. I swear woman!”

Jennifer shakes her head reaching for the cigarette again taking a puff from the cancer stick.

“Well honey unlike you I have manners. She might not want to tell me so I didn't ask. Now scram to that room of yours.”

Jennifer and I laugh as Kimi glares and pouts. She then turns on her feet walking out of the room. I step in behind her following her to her room. I hear Jennifer sigh as we walk out I'm shaking my head at Kimi's antics. I step in her room right behind her seeing her suitcases all over the floor.

“When did you get back?”

She huffs, “Last night, very late indeed. I've been trying to put some of it away but I know I'll have to pack again for Christmas so what's the point putting it all away just to drag it out again.”

I grin, “My point exactly I left some of the clothes in my suitcases for Christmas.”

I pull my purse off closing the door behind me. I take a seat on the blue chair in the floor as Kimi comes over and hands me a container of ice cream. I don't really look at the name I just pull the top off and jam the spoon in the cold goodness.

“So what happened at Thanksgiving would be a great place to start?”

I sigh, “First tell me why couldn't call or take my calls?”

She got this irritated look on her face, “My father is the damn reason. I swear I saw so many people with their damn cell phones around that place that I wanted to rip his head off. He took my phone from me as soon as I stepped inside his house. He was like 'I don't want you on the phone with your friends or your mother telling them every little bad thing we do.' I swear I wanted to rip his fucking head off his shoulders.

Then I had to stay later because the day I was supposed to leave with dad to come here my aunt Faith decides to go into labor. We miss the flight to go to the hospital and then when we schedule again the only flight that wasn't booked was one for the early hours of the morning. I can safely say that I will not be attending Thanksgiving or any other holiday with that man.”

I couldn't help but laugh. She got these crazy looks on her face as she explained. I could have been a fly on the wall when he took her cell phone. Probably took a lot in her not to yell at him.

“What did you say when he took your phone?”

She stuck her nose up, “Don't ask. Got me stuck in a room with toddlers most of the time. So anyway back on track explain.”

I sighed and told her everything that took place at my grandmothers. From the argument to the kiss with Robert. From the kiss to after the dinner.

“Nothing like family drama to spice up the holidays.”

I nodded, “She ruined Thanksgiving for Rachel. I mean this holiday is for family and Rachel was basically told her family wasn't really there.”

Kimi nodded, “Yeah but as far as Rachel's concerned that was her family. Okay so not biologically but that man will always be her father. Being a father is about seeing your kid grow up anyone can be dad but it takes a real man to be a father.”

My eyes widened, “Where the hell did that come from?”

She smirked, “What you didn't know I was capable of great thoughts.”

I shook my head smiling. This was what I was talking about, she surprises me a lot by taking my mind off of everything else and concentrating on being here with her. I couldn't have asked for a better friend than Kimi.

“So get back on track what else happened? I can tell that's not it because of the bags under your eyes and the tears that were there when I first saw you.”

I huffed willing the tears at bay. I sat the container down and reached around my neck and unlocked the necklace from around my neck.

“The day we got back from my grandmother's I was unpacking in my room. Mom had apparently decided to take a nap a couple hours after being home; she had a horrible headache from the kids. Robert snuck in my room while I was unpacking and gave me this while asking me on date for the next day on Saturday.”

Her eyes widened and grabbed the necklace from my hands.

“Okay, go on.”

I sighed closing my eyes for a second and reopening the before continuing.

“Well even though mom was at home he had convinced me into the date. Then mom comes knocking at my door telling us that she has to run off to LA. One of her clients was in a car crash and needed her so she had to leave. She was reluctant to leave Robert alone with me but she did it anyway. After she left it was fantastic. Robert cooked me dinner and then ran me some bath water. We slept in the same bed together all night. The next day we spent most of the morning together. He gave me some money to a buy a dress for our date. He had to leave early to make sure everything was done right for the date. I was gone from house after he left for a couple of hours and found a dress. I found a dress, shoes, accessories, and a jacket. I got dressed at home and he picked me up with flowers at seven o'clock that night.

I swear Kimi it was the best date in the entire world. I don't think he's done that much for my mother. We had a private room; the entire staff knew who he was so he didn't have to wear shades. It was crazy how much fun I had. He was easy to talk to and we danced. God we danced like nothing I've ever seen before. I loved being in his arms but the date had to end so we went home afterward.”

I took a breath feeling the tears coming to my eyes. I blinked and they fell down my cheeks.

Kimi's eyes were misty as well, “Oh my god you got your first date! Why the hell are you crying about that? I would be jumping up and down declaring to the world that you had your first date.”

“Well first of all this isn't something I can share with my mom like you did Kimi. My mother is dating my first date. This is the part where you tell me I was an idiot. We came back home and talked on the couch for another hour or so. I done something I wish I could take back but if I had that chance again I wouldn't take it back because it was magical and special.”

She blinked and the tears feel from her eyes and then she gets wide eyes, “YOU SLEPT WITH R..... !!”

I jumped up and clamped a hand over her mouth, “Not so loud Kimi. Do you want your mother to hear that?”

I pulled my hand away to see her grinning her ass off, “Oh my god. You aren't a virgin anymore. I feel like I missed a year in your life. You have grown so much.”

I rolled my eyes, “Yeah well unlike some story I don't get a happy ending.”

She looked confused, “The morning after was great he brought breakfast in bed and we laid in bed all morning. Even had another round and afterward showered together. Mom ruined it from there, she called and he had to pick her up from the airport. She's had him tucked under her nose all week. He hasn't come to my room to make sure I sleep okay so we haven't talked in days. Not to mention Monday and Wednesday I caught them making out on the couch. Today was different though. They were both in their underwear on the couch with mom moaning under him. I would have left it at that but she asked him if he had a condom and I just lost it.”

The tears were free falling now as I walked away from her and turned around hiding my face. I felt so stupid, “I ran out before they could stop me. They had been so loud when I got there that they didn't hear me come in. After I saw them I started making a lot of noise as I ran to get some clothes in a bag. I ran out after seeing Robert coming in the foyer. I didn't tell them you were back in town either so they don't know where I'm at either.”

Kimi sighed causing me to turn around to see her shaking her head, “I'm sorry Laura. I had no idea this was happening to you. How about we call Annie and take your mind off of all this? I'm going not going to yell at you because it seems you've been doing enough of that yourself. I know that right now all you want to do is forget and indulge in friends so that's what I'm offering.”

I smiled through my tears and I could feel a sob trying to break free. Kimi ran toward me bring my body into her arms as I finally broke down.

**

Kimi called Annie after I had finally calmed down. Jennifer said it was okay to invite her for the entire weekend. I was feeling a little better by the time Annie pulled into the drive. She had been here before so that wasn't a big deal.

Kimi greeted her at the door and pulled her into the bedroom. I was sitting on the bed with a bag of hot lays in my lap. Annie walked in her eyes wide at the massive pile of junk food we had collected. I couldn't help but laugh at the look on her face. Kimi was a force to be reckoned with when it came to junk food.

I was sitting on the bed in a pair of Kimi's pajama shorts and a red tank top. Apparently when I had grabbed some clothes my tears had blurred my vision worse than I thought. I had grabbed a bunch of pajamas but no underwear or clothes for any other day.

Annie tossed her bag to the floor along with her leather jacket toward the chair. She walked in the room and flopped on the blue chair. I could hear Kimi talking with her mom from the living room. Annie was tapping her chin while looking at the pile of food.

“What do I want?”

I chuckled and then Kimi came flying in the room, well running in the room really. She shut the door with her foot and grabbed a bag of chocolate chip cookies and Doritos nacho flavor before taking a seat next to me.

“Okay Annie, tell us what you did for Thanksgiving?”

She shrugged, “Nothing really. I mean we just went out to my grandmother's which wasn't very far off. The entire thing felt more like a funeral than Thanksgiving. It mostly consisted of family crying over the fact that he wasn't there. They really pissed me off most of the time because they were basically acting like I died as well. Some of their stories about Blake were so childlike. I mean I know I'm no Blake, I'm not as perfect as he was but I'm still here I didn't die.”

I suddenly felt bad. Here I was torn up over Robert and Annie had lost a brother. We had all lost a friend but Annie lost a friend and a brother. I felt really ashamed. I saw Annie trying to keep away the tears. Annie was one of those tough girls that didn't like to show emotions. I could see how much she was dealing with her brother's death.

She rode his bike around, she had dark black circles under her eyes, and not to mention her clothes were wrinkled. I guessed that her mother hadn't been around much since the death of Blake. I stood to my feet and sat down slowly next to Annie on the seat.

“Go ahead and cry Annie. No one here is going to think any less of you. I showed up here crying myself. You aren't the only one that lost someone. We both lost a great friend and as you can see I'm not dealing with right. Alex hasn't even had a funeral yet so I haven't really been able to deal with his death like you have with your brother. I wished I could have been there. He seemed like such a good guy, he tried to warn but he cared about you so much. Just cry, we won't tell anyone.”

Just like that she blinked and a tear fell from her eyes. Her mouth turned down as she broke into a sob. I felt Kimi come toward us taking a seat right next to me in front of Annie. I scooted closer to her and we started crying. One for a brother and all for a best friend. This is what friends were for. When the world turned ugly we came together and were stronger because of it. I broke a sob to but only Kimi understood.

We held each other as we all broke down not caring who saw us or heard us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's Note:

You couldn't really think everything was going to be alright between them now that they slept together even though he's still with Molly? I mean really I'm trying to make this realistic and I know this would never happen but with the relationship with Molly makes things complicated.

But I can see where he's coming from. Molly could handle his life better than Laura because she works in it. Laura on the other hand is shielded from the ciaos that is his life so I can see where he's coming from. What about my great readers? Can you understand where Robert's coming from or do you wish he would go away or atleast be with Laura?


ANYWAY REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES, & TELL A FRIEND!!