Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 53

December 6, 2009

I stayed at Kimi's all weekend. Annie even stayed with us. We hung out and pigged out on junk food most of the time. I probably gained a couple pounds by all the things we ate. We had all tried to give each other some time to adjust to everything that was going on. Annie was still pretty much clueless on the entire Robert situation.

I could tell that it was going to take a lot more that a girl's weekend to take Annie's mind off of her deceased brother. Kimi was lying on her stomach watching some reality show while Annie and I just pigged out on the box of cereal. None of us felt like cooking. I had gotten dressed a little while ago in some of Kimi's clothes, she said I could have them and if I didn't want them I could bring them back.

Kimi laughed at something on the screen. I just shook my head.

Neither mom nor Robert had tried calling the house here or my cell phone. I turned it off Friday night anyway and hadn't bothered to turn it back on so I didn't really know if they had tried to call me or not. If mom had gotten worried enough she would have called Jennifer's cell to see if Kimi was back in town but obviously she wasn't that worried about me.

Kimi was lounging around in some boy-shorts and a black tank top. She wasn't going anywhere today so she figured why not just make it a lazy day before school started tomorrow.

I didn't have many classes with Kimi but the ones I did I filled Kimi in on the work. Annie was sitting on the blue chair once again this sad look on her face. She would have to go back home today and I could see how much that was upsetting her.

Suddenly we hear footsteps coming down the hall. Kimi hears it as well and turns the volume down in the TV. There's knocking on the door and it's pushed opened. Jennifer's standing fully dressed in some lounge clothes herself but she's wearing her sneakers.

I snicker knowing what that means. Jennifer thinks cleaning the house is a workout so she always where sneakers.

“Kimi it's time to clean the house. I hate to make you girls leave so early but if she doesn't start now she won't do anything.”

I see Kimi roll her eyes, “Mom I don't...”

She trails off seeing the look from her mother and then me. Even I can tell her room needs some major cleaning, especially after this weekend. There are candy wrappers all over the floor, empty chip bags, and empty soda cans along her dresser. All of that is from Kimi herself, she hates cleaning and was too lazy to put everything away. Not to mention most of her suitcases haven't been emptied and are stacked on top of one another in the closet with clothes hanging over the sides.

I stand to my feet as Jennifer walks out of the room and Kimi reluctantly shuts the TV off.

“I missed being home but the cleaning I could do without.”

I roll my eyes and hear Annie chuckle. I walk around the room and grab my things stuffing them inside the bag I brought. I pull on my jacket as Annie's pulling on hers as well. She was dressed as well in some dark jeans and messy shirt and a leather jacket. Overall one could tell she didn't put much effort into her clothes.

“Well Kimi, I guess, I'm going to head home,” answered Annie.

She pulled her backpack with her things over her shoulder and walked toward Kimi. She pulled Kimi toward her chest and hugged her tight. Kimi returned the hug with the same amount of effort. Once Annie pulled away she came to me next and gave me a hug, which I returned.

“See ya guys.”

She walked out of the room and I turned to Kimi, “I guess that's my cue huh?”

Kimi sighed and shrugged, “If they cause you too much trouble call me in a few hours and I'll see if you can stay the night again for school tomorrow.”

I nodded and stepped to Kimi giving her a hug. She gave me one tight hug and I pulled away giving her a small smile. I wasn't looking forward to going home. I waved at her as I pulled my bag over my shoulder and walks out of her room.

Jennifer was in the living room pulling out the vacuum from the closet.

“See you later, Ms. Lewis”

She raised her head giving me a smile, “See you later. If you have any trouble at home just come back. I know you don't mind cleaning.”

I giggled, “Actually I think I've had enough of Kimi's room to last a life time. She should learn something about cleaning for herself. Every time I stay I'm the only one that cleans, she sits on her butt.”

Jennifer giggled, “That's why I offered. That girl doesn't have a clean bone in her body. I swear she's just like her father in that area. Well anyway be careful on the way home Laura.”

I nodded and waved one last time. Stepping outside the cold air hit my face and I looked toward the driveway. Annie was stuffing her bags in her bike with a frown on her face.

I sighed and walked toward her, “Annie!”

She jumped at the sound of my voice and then attempted to smile at me.

“Hey, Laura, I'm just out to leave so you can get out.”

I nodded, “Um, do you think you would want to come over to my house for a little while? That way you don't have to rush on home.”

A real smile came to her face then and she nodded, “Are you sure? I mean I don't mind going home.”

I shook my head, “Of course not. Do you know the way from here?”

She shook her head, “Afraid not. I only been to Kimi's one other time and I didn't check out the other ways to get from the house.”

“No worries just follow me.”

I turned to my jeep pressing the alarm off. I had moved my jeep from the garage last night so it would be easier getting out today. I pulled the door opened and climbed inside the jeep. I watched Annie out of my rear-view mirror as she hopped on her bike. She revved it and then backed out of the drive waiting on me.

I started the jeep backing out and heading toward my house. I turned up the radio and as we got closer to my house a thought occurred to me Annie doesn't know about Robert.

Oh shit!

I totally spaced about that little bit of information. I took a deep breath to regulate my breathing. What if she can't keep it a secret? What if she makes a move on him? What is mom throws a gasket?

Suddenly a smile comes to my face. Mom throwing a fit over Annie being there kind of makes it worth it really. I pull the jeep in the driveway seeing the SUV sitting in the driveway. I laugh quietly to myself and cut the engine. I hear Annie pull her bike in the drive right beside my jeep. I push the door to the jeep open and step out of the vehicle.

Annie's removing her helmet as I walk around my car to her.

“Do I need my bag or anything?”

I shake my head, “Probably not. I don't think you'll be able to spend the night. You haven't met my mother yet and she gives a whole new meaning to the word mother.”

Annie gives me a skeptical look, “I really doubt she's worse than my mother.”

I shrugged, “Well I'll ask you in about ten minutes again and see what you think then.”

She smiled nodding her head. I turned around toward the door taking careful steps. I wanted to prolong this moment as long as possible. Maybe it would be possible to escape to my room before they ever catch us. That way I don't have to worry about Annie meeting my mother or messing with Robert.

I take a deep breath as I take the steps up the short steps in front of the door. I turn around to Annie causing her to bump heads with me. She groans rubbing her forehead and we both start laughing.

“Sorry about that. I just wanted to give you a heads up. My mom's a celebrity assistant and well her boyfriend's kind of...”

I don't get to finish. One guess, why? Yes you probably guessed right. The front door comes wide open and wow and behold Robert standing there with a worried look on his face. I look back at Annie to see a shock look on her face. I can tell just as the smile comes across her lips that she's going to scream. I grab her arm pulling her in the house and Robert doesn't hesitate to shut the door behind us.

It takes a couple of seconds and then Annie let's out the typical fan girl screech. I pull my hands over my ears as she screeches. Robert's covering his ears but I can tell he's counting in his head until she's over.

Even though she's screeching I can hear heels clicking on the floor. Mom walks in just as Annie's screech stops. Mom's glaring at me while looking at Annie like she has three heads or something.

“Who the hell is this?”

I sigh looking at the floor, “This is my new friend, Annie. We were on our way here when I remembered that she hadn't met Robert yet. I'm sorry it was stupid of me to bring her here. I was hoping that you guys were going to be gone or something and we get the house to ourselves.”

I raise my head and look at Annie. Her eyes are wide as she looks at Robert. She quickly gets over her shock and steps toward Robert.

“Hi, I'm Annie. Must I say, you are more beautiful in person.”

Robert chuckles nervously. I have to say I'm surprised at how Annie's flirting. She's been so preoccupied with Blake's death she hasn't been herself. I finally get to see just who she really is. I know her flirting is harmless as I see Robert's eyes looking at me from the corner. The only person being bothered by her constant flirting would be my mother.

“Laura, I'm going to say this one time and one time only. Call before you have you stupid friends over because obviously they all haven't met me yet!”

I roll my eyes knowing she's about to kick Annie out.

“Mom please!”

She crosses her arms over her chest glaring at me. I must have interrupted something or she wouldn't be glaring at me like that. I take a second to look her over. Her clothes are wrinkled and her hair was obviously patted down. I look Robert next to see his shirt half way out of his pants and I know I interrupted them even more this time.

They were probably actually in the middle of their session when they heard me. I can feel the tears threatening to spill over but I give her a glare back.

“Obviously I'm still not wanted here right now. I'll get some clothes and possibly go back to Kimi's or somewhere else. I'm not going to stay at a place that I'm not wanted.”

I walk to Annie stopping her finger from running down Robert's chest and pull her up the stairs with me. She seems confused at first but then she takes in my mother and I watch her look between us. She was lost in the shock and hadn't noticed my mother.

“Yeah that's my mom. She's dating the guy you were flirting with.”

She gulps and turns around following me up the stairs. We run like bats out of hell toward my room. I forget about the door being locked so we bump into the door hitting our heads again. I don't waste time pulling my fingers to the ever growing knot on my head but I pull out the key.

The door quickly comes open as I unlock it using the key. I push Annie in the room and turn the lock on the back of the door. Annie collapses on her bed taking a deep breath.

“God Laura, you are so lucky. What I wouldn't give to tap that.”

I giggle, “Yeah I'm so lucky that my mother is dating him, all too soon he'll be my stepfather.”

She rolls her eyes, “Yeah well she's blind.”

My eyes widened, “Wha-What?”

She chuckles, “I've seen love. I know the look in his eyes when he saw you. You've been having an affair with your mother's boyfriend. Even I can see that she's worse than my own mother. I didn't think anyone could be worse than that woman but she pulls it off.”

I lower my head feeling the onset of tears coming to my eyes.

“Let's talk about this somewhere else. I have a feeling that you don't want to be somewhere they can contact you easily, like Kimi's. My house they won't suspect. Even I could tell what they've been up to while you were gone. The look in Robert's eyes though was worry and I knew instantly. So get a bag and let’s get going.”

I smile and nod. She stands to her feet and walks to my closet, “The bag you already have is perfect. Just add the right things this time before we leave. I don't think my clothes will fit you right.”

I nod and walk over to my dresser. I pull out three different pair of bra's and underwear not knowing how long I'll be at Annie's.

“Your family won't mind me coming?” I ask as I walk over to the bed lying the pile of bra's and underwear next to the bag.

Annie's still standing in my closet pulling out things. She doesn't pull out as she answers, “Not really. I live with my mom alone since Blake's death. She's hardly ever home anymore so I can have all kinds of friends over. Lately I've been staying with other friends that I told you about at that party. They are older than me but I hate being along so they help.”

She's walking toward me with two shirts and two pairs of jeans in her hands.

“I didn't know how long you were staying so I just grabbed these things.”

I nodded, “That's fine. I don't either. We'll just play this by ear for now. Maybe by tomorrow afternoon I'll figure out what to do.”

She nods and sits down on the bed, “Next would be pj's. If you shower at my house you might want to bring some shampoo and soap, maybe a robe.”

I nod and walk to my dresser and grab a couple pairs of pj's and then find my robe lying across the top. I stuff it all in my bag and then walk into the bathroom. I can feel the tears trying to come down my face as I'm suddenly taken back to that day of the shower.

It's like it's ingrained in my brain or something. I can't forget it to stop the stress. Every time I've taken a shower since that day has ended in tears. I try not to be in this room longer than a few minutes at a time unless I'm feeling really bad. When I have felt the worst, like at night, I've come in here and put a blanket on the floor and a pillow and fall asleep. The bedroom shines light and I can see that he's not really there but in bathroom is where I know his scent still lingers. The soap he used and the shampoo still sit that place he left them waiting on his next time to use them.

I pull the last bit of my courage up and move quickly. I grab my shampoo, soap, brush, toothbrush and toothpaste, along with some scrunchies for my hair. I run out of the room when I'm done and drop everything in the bag. I pull the zipper along the track and look at Annie.

She sighs, “This must be worse than I thought. Sorry Laura. I didn't realize that you were going through so much. I guess he was another thing you were crying about on Friday?”

I nod and she smiles. She pulls me into a hug and I'm grateful. I'm grateful to have found a friend like Annie. The only thing that Ben did was bring Annie into my life and for that I can deal with everything he's thrown at me.

She pulls away first, “Let's get going shall we? Don't want to prolong the goodbyes.”

I nod and she hands me my bag's straps. I pull the strap over my arm and follow her to the door. She pulls the door open sticking her head out and then smiles at me.

“Coast is clear.”

I giggle as she steps out checking the floor with her feet. I shake my head as I turn the lock on the knob again. She takes my hand letting me know that she's here for me if I need her. We head toward the stairs and she releases my hand and waits for me to go first.

I take a deep breath and walk down the stairs. My eyes are focused on the floor and I gulp as Robert's shoes come into view.

“Laura, let me explain, pl..”

He doesn't get to finish because Annie has come toward me putting her arm around my shoulders. I hear the patter of bare feet on the hardwood floor knowing it must be my mother. She comes in the foyer her arms crossed and her nose stuck in the air.

“Laura Robin May, you are not to leave this house again! Especially with some flirting, no good, bad girl!”

I try really hard not to giggle but I can tell it's fighting it's fight it's way free. Annie, a bad girl? Well she does have a motorcycle and wears a leather jacket most of the time. Serious though, Annie isn't all that bad, she's just damaged and aren't we all.

I roll my eyes and motion Annie toward the door. She walks to the door and pulls the door, “Coming Laura?”

“Laura Robin May, you better not walk out that door with that girl! So help me I better be able to get in touch with you or I'm calling the cops. We still need to talk about Friday and why it isn't appropriate for you to run off and not tell me where you are going.”

I sigh trying not to laugh in her face and walk toward Annie. She takes my hand and we walk together toward our cars. Mom can kiss my ass! If she wants to find me she'll find me eventually!
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's Note:

I haven't really got involved with Annie's life so she's still pretty much a mystery. Kimi, on the other hand, I have made a real connection with. I basically know her in and out since I write with her all the time. Annie is the mysterious friend and so her life is still a mystery to all of us. I just hope that i can do her justice in the next chapter.

The next chapter will include Annie's home and more of her background.