Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 63

Later that night

I stayed with Annie until way after the sun had gone down. We had even been to the 9/11 memorial. I ran my fingers across the edge of the building. I wasn’t afraid of heights since I was standing at the top of Empire State building. It was Annie’s idea to save this place for last and see it at night. It was a great idea since this way you could see the city at night.

New York was even more beautiful at night. There were even more people coming out of places and music filled the night. Annie was looking through the huge binoculars on the side that you can use to see far off things. I don’t get why she’s using it at night because she probably can’t see anything anyway.

“Have heard from your mom?” she asks her eyes still in the binoculars.

I shake my before remembering she can’t see me, “Nope. I told Robert if anything happened I’d call mom. I was pissed at him. He wanted to talk in the car about everything. He wasn’t ready for that conversation no matter how much he thought he was. I told flat out what he’s been telling me but I remarked about me being gone soon. I didn’t really mention graduation but he’s got to think about that.”

I hear her sigh before she moves away from the binoculars. She gives me a sad smile, “Are you hungry?”

She can always tell when I don’t want to talk about it. My stomach growls and I realize I hadn’t had anything to eat since the plane and that had been nothing but a small bag of Fritos.

I nod at her, “Yes, I’m starving.”

She chuckles, “Me too. How about we go back to my hotel and eat something from room service. My friends are paying for the room service and hotel room anyway. Neither one of us has much cash on us and plus New York is really expensive. Afterward I’ll make sure you get back to the apartment, alright.”

I nod, “Sounds great.”

She grins intertwining our arms together walking toward the elevator. She hit the button and then the doors open since we are the only ones up here at this time. We both step inside Annie pressing the button for the lobby.

“You don’t mind walking do you? I mean it’s not that far from my hotel. I think a cab would cost more than I have on me.”

I shake my head, “I don’t mind. I’ll get to see the city some more.”

She smiles, “Yeah, you will.”

The elevator opens to the lobby and we walk out. Annie chuckles at some of the people standing around the lobby. Most of the people are dressed up in overly priced clothing waiting on other people. Annie pushes the door open for both of us and a gush of cold wind hits the both of us. I shiver wishing I had bundled up like Annie. It wasn’t this cold earlier in the day. Annie pulls my arm to the left signaling that’s the way we have to go.

“I sure hope that Angel or Scott is in their room. I just hope we don’t catch them at a bad time.”

She shivers at an image of Scott and Angel that she must have seen.

“Done it before have you Annie?”

She glares at my face, “I don’t want to talk about it.”

I laugh looking around. Annie swerves us out of the way of people since New Yorkers have been mostly rude all day. I feel bad for Annie since my eyes are looking around everywhere else instead of in front of me.

The buildings are so big, nothing like at home. Suddenly Annie brings me to a stop causing me to look down. We are standing at a cross walk waiting on the light to let us walk across. Annie sighs, “We just have to walk past a couple more buildings and then we’ll be there.”

I nod my head and then the light tells us we can walk once again. Annie pulls my arm along with her and I allow my legs to start walking. We pass a few huge buildings but two main one before Annie brings me to a stop once again.

“Here we are.”

We are standing at the same hotel Robert dropped me off in front of earlier today. Annie pulls me through the doors toward the elevator. The inside isn’t overly fancy telling me that the hotel isn’t expensive like other across the city.

She hits the up button by the elevator and we wait for the doors to open.

“Have you looked at the menu for room service?” I ask looking at the floor numbers on the elevator.

She nods, “Yeah. It’s got a few things that perked my interest.”

I nod and then the doors open once again. People come flying out of the elevator and we brace ourselves walking through the crowd into the elevator. Thankfully we are the only ones in the elevator as Annie hits the button for the ninth floor.

I sigh leaning against the back of the elevator. Boring elevator music plays from the speaker above us and I try my best to tune it out. Annie is surprisingly quiet and I chuckle. I can tell she’s nervous about Scott and Angel’s room.

She glares at me over her shoulder before the doors ding and open. She walks out without pulling me with her causing me to run to catch up. She walks down the hallway turning two corners before coming to a room where she pulls out a key card from her pocket. She slides the card in the door and we watch the light blink green and she pushes the door open. We both walk in to see two beds in a small room. There was a table off in a corner and a TV on a small stand.

I close the door back and Annie pulls off her jacket before looking through the drawers on the bedside table. She pulls out a sheet of paper in plastic.

“This is the menu. Just look and write down everything you want and I’ll call it in.”

I nod moving toward her to take the paper. I take a seat on the bed while she walks into the bathroom. I run my eyes down the paper looking at everything on the paper. A burger with cheesy fries sounds really good.

I find a notepad on the bedside table along with a pan writing down the food I chose. Annie comes out as I finish writing down my order.

“I’ll be right back. I need to find out if the boys have eaten or not.”

She walks out of the room closing the door behind her.

**

I walked from the cab that held Annie, Angel, and Scott. They were dropping me off really late. Scott and Angel had been asleep when Annie went to their room so she had to wake them for some food. The food from their hotel had been really good and I almost fell asleep on the other bed in Annie’s room but I had to get back to the apartment.

I didn’t want to worry mom or Robert any more than absolutely necessary. I waved at them as I walked through the doors of the complex. People looked at me funny but not too bad. It was ten forty five at night as I hit the up button on the elevator.

The bad part was now that I had been outside in the cold air and moving around I wasn’t all that tired anymore. I just hoped that Sarah wasn’t in the room so I could find something to do.

The elevator dinged opening the doors and I stepped inside hitting the button for the fifth floor. I sighed trying to calm my thoughts but it wasn’t as easy as it looked on those movies. All too soon the elevator doors opened again and I stepped out into the hallway. I pulled my key from my jeans pocket as I made my way to the apartment door.

I pushed the key in the lock before turning the knob unlocking the door. I stepped into the apartment to find it pitch black causing me to sigh. Sarah must have went out because there’s not damn way she’s in the bed in New York City.

I closed the door turning the lock on the back of the knob before feeling along the wall for the light switch. I found it on the edge of the wall hitting the light on. The living room filled with light and I sighed before moving toward the back of the apartment.

I pushed my bedroom door opened turning on the lights. My suitcase was sitting on my bed untouched. Walking to the suitcase I unzipped the top before rummaging through the inside for some PJ’s. I found a dark blue tank top and a pair of black basketball shorts. I quickly changed out of my clothes into the PJ’s.

I walked back into the living room with a flash light to turn out the light. I turned on the flash light walking back toward my bedroom and closing the door behind me.

I turned on the TV and pulled my suitcase in the floor pushing it under the bed. I pulled the covers down before turning out the light and lying in bed. I started surfing through the channels to find something to watch since I wasn’t very sleepy.

Mom must have thought we wouldn’t watch much TV since she only bought the small package with basic cable and not any big movie channels. I found the CW where a re-run episode was playing of Smallville. I didn’t realize how tired I was since I apparently fell asleep before it went off.

*

Sometime later I was awaken by someone pulling on my hair. My eyes snapped open and groaned moving my hand toward the pain in my head. I heard a dark chuckle before I turned my eyes in the direction of the person pulling on my hair.

Sarah was dressed in a dark blue dress and heels. Her hair was all over the place and her eyes looked red telling me she was drunk off her ass. I’ve seen Sarah drunk and she doesn’t slur but she’s crazy when she’s drunk. She tends to talk to herself a lot more.

She realizes she woke me and releases my hair from her gasp. I sigh in relief but then my eyes close upon the light casing the room. She chuckles again with a dark sarcastic edge to it.

I force my eyes open to see Sarah standing in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest. My eyes take in the clock on the dresser behind Sarah.

2:46am December 27, 2009

Great! I’m not getting any sleep tonight.

“You think you are the shit don’t you?! I swear I don’t fucking understand the appeal to you!! Ben and now Robert both have this fascination with you that I don’t fucking understand. Ben went too damn far from the plan that I told him to do. He got your fucking friends involved in the damn kidnapping. See I met Ben before mom, Laura.”

My eyes widen. Sarah tends to blab the truth only when she’s drunk. So I know she’s not lying. She knows about Robert and me?! How has she known?! She knew Ben before Mom?! What the hell is going on?!

“Yeah, I can see you’re confused. Benny was gullible, easily manipulated. Most people could tell that about Benny. When I first met him he was a puppy lost in the world, just wanting love. I was running low on money and mom refused to give me any when I came across Benny. Took me seven months to get him wrapped around my finger when I convinced him to date mom. Bumping into each other a coffee shop had been planned. I mean even her damn schedule was easy to change, just make her walk past the coffee shop at a certain time causing them to bump into each other.

Mom easily Ben something she hates to admit. She trusts men too easily. I made Ben wait a few months to gain both of your trust before trying to get the money. It was you that messed everything up. I could tell that Ben was getting this weird fascination with you that I couldn’t stop. He did everything after on his own until he got out and I found him again since I had kept tails on his ass.

I explained my plan to him, not to involve anyone else. Kidnapping you would have given me enough money to be set for years. Then Ben got his fucking family involved that’s when I heard about Alex joining. I couldn’t call it off by then because the damn party you were going to was the few days and everything was set up. I even got Max involved with just a little persuasion. His job was mainly to make sure you weren’t harmed too bad and to make sure Alex got out safely. I didn’t really care about Blake and Annie. Maybe I should have since they are the ones that changed everything.”

I sighed scared about what she was saying. She’s the one that caused everything bad that I had happened in my life. My older model sister was the cause of everything when I always thought it was mom. Then realization came across my face.

She was at the party and in my room for Christmas, “You’re the one doing the pictures in the mail.”

A scary dark look came across her face, “Why, of course. The night of the Halloween dance I lied to you about what happened. I did sleep with your friend Luke and I found out Luke had a habit. I gave him a supply in exchange to keep an eye on you. While I had been there for the dance I realized you were having an affair with Robert because every time those two were in the same room cuddling or kissing you got a dark look on your face. I can spot jealousy in a heartbeat so I told Luke to keep tails on both of you and take pictures. He sent the pictures to the house while I was the one that took pictures at the grocery store and the damn party.”

I sniffed moving further into the wall behind me hoping to disappear.

“Wh-What is it that you want, Sarah?”

She laughs a sarcastic deep chuckle, “Well, mostly I want you to break things off with Robert. If you don’t, I’ll tell mom. I kept duplicates of all the pictures that were taken so she will know everything.”

I gasp. She can’t do that. Mom can’t possibly know about Robert and me because she’ll disown me and I need her for college money. Sarah knows this so she knows I’m stuck. I don’t want to break things off with Robert but the look on Sarah’s face tells me she will do something else to Robert if I don’t break things off.

“That can’t be the only thing you want.”

She snickers, “Well, you aren’t as dumb as I’ve always thought. I’m out of money and I refuse to stay with mom again while she travels leaving me alone at that house with you. I’ll die before that happens. So here’s what you’re going to do, you’re going to get an extra twenty five thousand dollars for college from mom. I’ll give you the account number where you need to wire the money to. You have to do both or I’ll tell mom about everything dealing with Robert. I don’t think she’ll be happy to know her youngest daughter is screwing her man behind her back.”

I can feel tears forming in my eyes and I blink causing them to fall down my cheeks. This wasn’t happening right now.

“What happened to Ben?”

She sighed, “Not sure, really. I mean I hired a guy to dispose of him but I haven’t heard from him since I found out Ben was dead. I found out after Thanksgiving and I tried looking for the guy I hired but he’s turning up. I had to get my hands dirty by involving him but it was worth it. He won’t be messing things up again. Anyway you get the money and I won’t bother you again. Break things off with Robert soon because if mom ever gets word of the two of you, you can’t get the money and you will owe me some damn money.”

She walks to the dress where my phone is lying, “I’m programming my other cell into your phone under starry night. I’ll keep in touch and if you don’t break things off with Robert soon I’ll tell everyone.”

With that she walks out of the room. A sob breaks through my mouth. She hired a guy to kill Ben! She could kill me if she wanted to! Oh my god, Robert! I have to break things off with him soon so he doesn’t get hurt because of me. No one else will get hurt because of my selfishness.