Status: Also completed on Wattpad!

Celebrity Crush

Chapter 66

January 1, 2010

I woke in Annie’s hotel room. The room was mostly dark considering Annie would probably wake with a severe hangover. I could feel a light headache but I didn’t feel much else. I didn’t drink any more after watching the ball drop.

Annie had gone back to the party after watching the ball drop. When she finally came back to the room she was worse than just tipsy. She collapsed in her bed with her dress still on.

I could hear her snoring which is something I’ve never heard from her before. I smile at the sound of her snores and then begin to sit up in the bed. It’s so dark in the room that I can barely see my hand in front of my face. Suddenly a shed of light splashed in the room giving me some light.

I spotted my iPod on the table beside me along with my phone. I grabbed my phone flipping it open to find the time shining brightly at me.

9:23am

I was shocked it was so early. I had stayed up so late last night but I didn’t feel very sleepy at the moment. I was tired as hell but I knew there was no way I was going back to sleep right now, not with Annie snoring like a bear.

I stood from the bed quietly walking to the bathroom. I pushed the door opened and stepped inside before flipping on the light. The light was bright considering I was just in a very dark room. I closed my eyes giving myself time to get used to the light.

Once I felt I was fine I opened my eyes looking around the room. I slept in one of Annie’s shirts so the long purple shirt was coming down to my knees as I walked toward my bag on the floor under the sink.

I grabbed the straps on the top pulling it from under the sink. I lowered myself to my knees as I unzipped the top. I rummaged through my bag pulling out some light colored jeans and a light green shirt.

I quickly changed my clothes and stood in front of the mirror. My eyes were very sleepy looking by now and I could feel the tiredness begin to seep back in. I shivered as a gust of cold wind came in the room.

Sighing I begin to make sure my bag is packed with all my things. Annie told me I could keep the outfit I wore last night since she never wears it anymore. I find some sneakers under the sink telling myself to give them back to Annie when we get back home.

I stuff my bare feet inside the shoes too tired to pull socks on my feet. I can suddenly hear noises from the room. I smile, chuckling as I hear groans from the bedroom. I grab my bag moving toward the door. Just as I pull the door open Annie’s standing in front of me with her hair everywhere on her head.

“God, it’s too early. My head is fucking killing me.”

I giggled which causes her to wince, “Not so loud, Laura.”

She opens her eyes as wide as she can to find me fully dressed.

“Where are you going?”

I sigh, “Back to my apartment. I kind of figured you would be too hung-over to hang out today. Plus I need to find out when my mom wants to leave and head back home or something.”

She nods, “Yeah, you’re right. I don’t feel like hanging out today. I’m sorry about the Robert situation. I only hope sees sense soon. Good luck girl.”

I smile at her and take her in my arms giving her a tight hug. She sputters taken off guard but hugs me back.

“Go. I need to shower and then probably head back to bed.”

I nod, “Pain meds are on the sink counter.”

She smiles nodding and I walk past her while she closes the bathroom door. I flip on the light in the room trying to find all my things. I grab my iPod and phone from the bed and place them in my pockets.

I hear the shower start in the bathroom just as I spot my jacket. I pull my arms through the sleeves and pull up the zipper. I grab my bag and then head toward the door. The hallway is mostly deserted of anyone as I pulled the door closed behind me. The door right beside Annie’s room suddenly opens and Angel pokes his head out.

He’s shirtless with a pair of lounge pants hanging loosely around his legs and his lips turn into a smile as he spots me, “Laura! How’s Annie?”

I grin, “Hung-over. I wouldn’t go in there for a few hours. She’s taking a shower at the moment then going back to bed. Her head is killing her.”

He chuckles, “Serves her right. Anyway, where are you off to?”

I smile, “Back to the apartment. I’m tired myself and Annie was snoring like crazy. I just want a shower and relax for the day.”

He grins, “I hear you, girl. Just be careful on the way back. Don’t be afraid to call now.”

I nod, “When are you guys leaving?”

He sighs, “I guess tomorrow. Scott and Annie both are too tired today to leave. Scott’s brother has been calling all morning worried about both of us. He wants us to leave today but I told him Scott was tired.”

I giggle, “Don’t you mean hung-over? The two of you came back here and he was swigging that bottle like crazy.”

He giggled, “He’s a funny drunk. Well, I’ll let you go, you should get back so your family doesn’t worry.”

I nod, “Bye Angel.”

He smiles before closing the door back. I love them two. They might be gay but they are funny and friendly. I wouldn’t dare be mean to either one of them. Angel really is an angel and he’s lucky to have found someone like Scott who loves him for all that he is.

I walked down the hall pressing the button for the elevator and walking inside. I hit the button for the lobby and I’m grateful to be the only one in the elevator. My mind’s whirling about seeing Robert since the break-up. I’ve been avoiding him like the plague since then and I don’t know what will happen when I see him again.

The lobby of the hotel is mostly empty besides the employees. I walk out of the hotel and the chilly air hits my torso causing me to pull my jacket tighter. New York is still pretty busy outside even though it’s a holiday. There are not as many people outside but no one could tell from looking afar. There are still enough people around to bump into someone when you trip but it has gone down some.

I look up toward the buildings as I pass them by seeing closed windows and blinds down. Most of New York is hung-over and then they’ll go back to their normal lives tomorrow leaving the night behind them in the dust.

The apartment complex came sooner than I expected and I walked inside. The lobby was mostly the same as the hotel except there were a few people sitting around with shades on their faces. All this was telling me that they were completely hung-over.

I walked to the elevator hitting the arrow up waiting on the elevator to open. I pulled my phone back out to check the time.

9:52am

The elevator opened up and I stepped inside once the people walked back out. I could tell the complex was more alive than the hotel was as the elevator closed. I sighed feeling the tiredness take over once again. I didn’t want to go back to bed but it seemed like the only thing I could do now.

The elevator opened at my floor and there were people waiting. I quickly walked out in the direction of my room. The only people I saw as I made my way to my room were the maid service. The women smiled at me as they pushed the cart past me at the door.

I pulled my key from my bag pocket pushing it into the knob turning the door. I pushed the door opened and stepped inside. The a/c was on full blast as I closed the door. I rolled my eyes as I walked deeper into the room. The lights were off and I couldn’t hear any noises in the apartment.

This told me Sarah was still out and just might be out for a while. I breathed a sigh of relief walking toward my own room. I pushed my bedroom door opened and tossed my bag to the bed. The covers were made telling me the maid service had been here sometime during the week.

I unzipped the jacket pulling it from my body toward the bed. The shoes were next and I placed them by my suitcase so that I could give them back to Annie. I rummaged through my suitcase finding some gray lounge pants along with a red tank top. I pulled out some undergarments bring them with me to shower.

**

The shower didn’t take as long as I would have liked. The water did its job to wake me but now my stomach was rumbling. I found a box of cereal in the kitchen and ate one bowl of the bland tasting stuff.

I sighed, feeling bored once I finished eating. I could have gone back to bed but I wasn’t in the mood. I find my clogs and stuff my feet inside grabbing a thin jacket and my key before walking out of the apartment.

I step toward the room right beside mine and raise my hand. Before I can knock the door opens and a maid is standing there.

“Sorry,” I say sheepish.

“Are they awake?”

She shook her head, “Afraid not, miss. If you know them then you can come take a seat in the living room. She left a note saying some girls might come by, she even left a picture so I could see.”

I nod, “Thank you.”

She nods her head pushing her cart out of the room. I walk inside as she closes the door looking around the room. This apartment was more high priced looking telling me my mother used this apartment often. I walked deeper into the apartment coming to the living room first.

Turning my head I spot a dark hallway and them the other way there’s the kitchen. The living room holds a huge flat screen TV with a cable box telling me she got the best channels. I decide to take a seat on the couch turning on the TV.

I scroll through the channels finding a decent movie on ABC Family. I kicked my shoes off and laid down on the couch. I didn’t even know I had fallen asleep.

I was awaken by noises from the hallway. I opened my eyes confused as to where I was. At first my fear took over afraid I was kidnapped once again. I opened my eyes wider looking around and spotting a picture of my mother.

I looked up toward the hallway and saw my mother walking down the hall in her silk robe. She yawned behind her hand before spotting me. He face lit up like a child on Christmas morning. I was shocked by the look on her face.

“Laura, honey. I was hoping you would come by. Are you hungry? I’ll cook you some food in the kitchen while we talk.”

I nod, “I am actually. I only ate some cereal in the apartment.”

She smiles ushering me with her as she walks past me toward the kitchen, “Just put that on the weather channel and come in here.”

I sigh turning the channel on the TV and stand to my feet. I stuff my feet back inside my shoes before walking into the kitchen. Mom’s turning on the coffee maker filling the room with the coffee smell. The kitchen is mostly the color of gray with completely white appliances.

I take a seat at the bar since there isn’t a table to sit at. The seat is comfortable as mom turns around with a smile on her face.

“I’m going to cook some waffles. Is that alright?”

I nod, smiling at her, “That’s perfect.”

She smiles before pulling out the waffle maker and the box of waffle mix. I watch her in silence and then she pours the mix into the maker. She cooks me two before sliding a plate across the bar to me. She points to the plate with syrup and the fork ushering me to eat.

I take a couple bites before something tells me this isn’t right. Why in the world is she being nice all of a sudden? I chew the food in my mouth as mom fixes herself a cup of coffee.

She turns around leaning against the counter holding her mug to her face. Suddenly a light reflecks on something on her hand causing it to sparkle. My eyes widen as the light stops and I take in the new ring on her finger.

It’s on her ring finger and it’s silver. My eyes are glued to the ring and I force the food down.

“M-Mom?”

It’s all I can force out of my lips as I point to the ring on her finger.

Her lips turn up in a grin and her face is beaming, “Robert proposed last night, honey. Isn’t it great?! He had the ring and everything, perfect moment when the clock struck twelve. He was completely sober when he asked me.”

I highly doubt he was completely sober. My heart is aching in my chest and suddenly I don’t feel like eating. I feel like the food I just ate is about to come back up in a toilet this time.

I force a fake smile on my face, “Congrats, mom. When’s the wedding?”

I almost choke on the word wedding. She sighs, “Well I actually want to wait. I don’t want to rush this so maybe in a year we’ll start planning.”

I nod feeling somewhat grateful that she doesn’t want to rush the process. I look down at my plate knowing I have to force down the rest of these waffles. Mom turns around toward the waffle maker and I shuffle a few pieces of my waffle into my mouth.

Suddenly we hear noise coming up from the hallway. I hear a groan and mom’s chuckle. I peek through my hair toward the entrance of the kitchen to see Robert walking in the room with a dark gray shirt on and some black pajama pants.

I whip my head back to my plate shuffling the food in my mouth as quick as I can before someone notices.

“Coffee, honey?” mom asks Robert holding out a mug.

He groans nodding noting noticing I’m in the room. He walks toward her taking the mug from her hands and pressing a kiss to her cheek. It’s pretty obvious that he hasn’t noticed me since I’ve never seen him kiss her in front of me.

“I told Laura, here, about the proposal.”

Robert suddenly freezes his eyes widening finally taking in my body sitting in front of him. The look on his face tells me mom was right, he was sober when he proposed but got drunk afterward to wash away the memory.

I pull my gaze away from him knowing that my face betrays my inner feelings of hurt and betrayal. Sarah is the cause of all of this. I bet when she hears she’ll be laughing secretly loving the torture this puts me through.

I return back to my plate slowly eating the food on my plate. Robert finally unfreezes muttering about taking a shower to feel better. Mom follows him to their room and I quickly shuffle rest of the food into my mouth. My body moves quickly still hearing them in the back of the apartment. I place my dishes in the sink and quickly walk into the living room.

I grab my jacket pulling it over my body and quickly making my way out of the apartment. I close the door behind me and pull out my key to my apartment. I push the door opened stepping inside and turning the deadbolt. I still don’t hear or see any signs of Sarah being here so I run to my room. I quickly lock the door and suddenly the tiredness and the sadness take their toll.

I can’t even make it to the bed before my body collapses to the floor. A sob cuts through my mouth and the tears are out before I even realized I had been crying. My heart is aching and I pull my legs to my chest. Nothing will ever be the same now.

I lost the one person I love more than myself to my own mother. Wow that’s a mouthful. I now feel like the most alone person in the entire world. Can anything get any worse?