‹ Prequel: A Part Of Me

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 8

Broden POV

Fast Forward A Year

The guys had just finished their tour a few days ago; all the girls went with them so we had to buy another bus for everyone’s stuff, and so we had room for the kids to run around and play. Derrick had also just started to walk a little bit; he still lost balance a lot but he was getting there. All the kids were doing great; Leila and Phoenix have started seeing each other as sisters which is great news, because Alexis and Craig are still together and doing strong.

“Mommy you look great, you don’t have to change anything” Blake told me as I looked at myself in the mirror; Blake was sitting on my bed watching me while Alexis was fixing her already perfect makeup.

I signed quietly as I knew my daughter was right; I did look fine and I didn’t need to worry about that but I was. Today Lex and her lawyer had a meeting with Ronnie and his lawyer about their divorce; Lex was taking me for some support. Craig and Max were staying home to look after the kids; which they were more then happy to do.

“Thanks baby. Lex, are you ready to go? We should at least be a little bit early” I said as I walked over to my bed and lifted Blake into my arms; I kissed her forehead as I held her on my hip. Alexis walked out of my bathroom and nodded at me; we made our way into the living room where the others were.

Once Lex and I said our goodbyes we climbed into my car; I started it making it purr to life. I pulled out of the driveway and headed over to the lawyer’s office; Lex was clearly nervous as she stared out the side window and played with her fingers. I wasn’t all the nervous about the meeting; I was nervous about Ronnie seeing me there with Alexis. I know he’s going to think that I’m not her side and that I’m not going to support him; but that’s not true.

After a short drive I was pulling into the park lot at the front of the building; I heard Alexis take a deep breath which she let go slowly before she climbed out of my car. I followed her actions and locked my car before we walked towards the front double sliding glass doors. I gently squeezed Lex’s hand as we walked over to the reception desk; the young woman told us to take a seat in the waiting room.

After a few minutes of sitting in the silent waiting room we were called into the meeting room by Lex’s lawyer, Mrs. Hunter; she was a very nice and friendly woman. She had dark blonde hair, was taller then both Lex and I, her body was curvy but I wouldn’t consider her over weight, her eyes were a dark blue and she was in her late 40’s.

I sat next to Lex at the long table in the empty meeting room; Mrs. Hunter was on the other side of Alexis and was reassuring her that everything would go in her way. The only thing Lex wanted was to have full custody of Phoenix; there really wasn’t anything else that Ronnie and Lex shared together. And if I was honest then I knew Lex would get full custody of Phoenix; not only was Lex her mother but Ronnie didn’t have the best history, I wasn’t even sure if he was in the right state of mind to look after Phoenix, was he even looking after himself?

I felt the nerves flood my body as I watched Ronnie and his lawyer, Mr. White, enter the room after a few minutes of waiting for them. I saw pain fill my brother’s eyes as he saw me sitting there; I looked away quickly as I started mentally beating myself up about being here. I knew being here was going to cause pain to Ronnie but Alexis needed me so I agreed to come; I guess Ronnie needed me as well. Well I did think that but all those thoughts vanished when I saw who walked into the room next and sat next to Ronnie and across from me; Gab was here.

I didn’t really pay much attention to the meeting and what was being said; all I could think about was Gab sitting across from me. Why would Ronnie bring her in here? Being around her is what kicked of this divorce; couldn’t Ronnie see that being with Gab was the wrong decision? He knew it would hurt Alexis; maybe she came because they thought Lex would bring Craig and not me.

“I appoint Ms Alexis Briggs to have full custody of her daughter Phoenix; Mr. Ronald Radke will have to talk to his ex-wife about seeing their daughter” Mrs. Hunter said in a firm voice and that was the end of the meeting; Alexis was finally divorced from Ronnie and now had full custody of Phoenix.

Ronnie, Gab and Mr. White walked out of the room first; leaving Mrs. Hunter and Lex to talk in private. Alexis couldn’t stop thanking Mrs. Hunter for everything; Lex was in a way better mood then I was right now. I couldn’t stop filling bad about hurting Ronnie and not being there for him today. Alexis was so happy that I let her walk ahead of me as we made our way to my car; I gave her my car keys so she could unlock my car.

I had just walked out of the building when I felt a hand grab hold of my arm; the person spun me around. And before I could really see who it was I was looking to my right and my left cheek was stinging badly; I felt my eyes water as my left hand gently cupped my cheek. I turned my attention onto the smug Gab that was standing in front of me; Gab just slapped me!

“What the fuck was that for? Have you lost you fucking mind Gab!” I raised my voice slightly as I frowned at the smirking Gab; I was still shocked that she slapped me.

“Oh don’t pretend your so innocent Brody because I know your not; and you know damn well what that was for” Gab told me harshly as she still smirked smugly at me.

“No I don’t know why you just slapped me but I do know that I want you to stay away from my brother; you hear me Gab? Stay away from Ronnie” I told her sternly as I leaned slightly towards her.

“Oh please Brody, you can’t tell me what you do. But if I were to stay away from Ronnie then you would be able to give me some tips then; seeing as that’s exactly what you’ve been doing lately” Gab sneered as she took a low blow at me; I felt my eyes water again as I let her words float around in my head. Her words hurt me and so they should because that’s exactly what I’ve been doing; I haven’t talked to or seen my own brother for a while now, but that’s only because I honestly don’t know what to do or say.

“Alright Gab, I’m ready to leave now. Oh umm… hi Brodes” I heard Ronnie’s deep voice come from behind Gab; then he stood next to her and it took all my will power not to break down and cry.

“Hold the fuck on! You’re not going anywhere until this bitch apologizes to Brody; I’m not going to stand back and let you speak to her like that and I know Ronnie wouldn’t stand back either” Alexis spat out as she stood next to me; her voice was cold as she glared at Gab.

“What’s going on?” Ronnie asked; his deep voice was so pale and even. Something that I’ve hardly ever heard from him; he was always full of life and his voice showed that.

“This bitch slaps Brody and then started tearing her down; she said that Brody hasn’t been there for you when you needed her the most” Alexis explained as I just stared at the ground; I didn’t want to look at Gab and I couldn’t even look Ronnie in the eye.

“Why would Gab have to apologize for saying the truth? She’s right; Brody hasn’t been there for me when I needed her. It was like she forgot that she even had a brother because she was to busy being best friends with the two people I hate; she wasn’t there when I wanted her the most. She didn’t care that I needed her; her own brother, her flesh and blood” Ronnie said harshly; his words made my head snap up so I was looking at him.

I felt the tears form in my eyes as his eyes tore into my; what he was saying was the truth, I could see it in his eyes. I couldn’t stand being around someone who hated me so I turned around and practically ran over to my car; I heard Alexis run after me as I climbed into my car. Lex was quick to sit in the driver’s seat and turn my car on; she pulled out of the car lot and onto the busy street. As she drove towards my house I couldn’t stop crying; I knew my makeup was now ruined but I couldn’t care less right now.

No matter what I did Ronnie’s words wouldn’t leave my head; they just kept floating around in my mind which caused the pain in my chest to increase. My own big brother have just broken my heart into a million pieces and I wasn’t sure if I would be able to put my heart back together again; but I guess I got what I deserved, I hurt Ronnie so he hurt me back.

I was able to stop crying and make myself look some what presentable as Alexis parked my car in my garage; we both climbed out and walked into my house. Phoenix ran up to Lex while I just walked towards my bedroom; Craig and Max were the next ones to walk over to us. Max instantly wrapped his arms around my waist stopping me; he took one look at me and started frowning.

“What’s wrong babe? Who hurt you? What the fuck happened?” Max asked as he tightened his grip on me; his voice was full with anger as he turned his attention onto Alexis. When I didn’t say anything she begun explaining what happened; both Max and Craig became furious when they heard about Gab slapping me and what Ronnie said to me.

By that time Blake had wrapped her little arms around my leg while Leila stood next to Craig with Derrick in her arms; I couldn’t really deal with everything right now so I walked away from Max so his arms fall to his sides. I picked Blake up as I walked towards my bedroom; I knew that if I was by myself then I would start crying again but if Blake was with me then I would hold myself together. I shut my bedroom door as Blake started to softly stroke my cheek; I laid us both on my bed after I kicked my shoes off. Blake cuddled more into my body as I held her tightly; she played with some of my hair that had fallen over my chest. I kissed her forehead as we laid on my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alexis & Broden Outfits

Comment!