So This Is Love

Caterer

“That was disgusting,” Rachel said after the last caterer left. It was now nearing two o’clock in the afternoon. We’ve been sampling food since ten in the morning, and only one caterer had food that tasted at least moderately good. I’d say that we’re screwed on serving good food at the wedding.

“What do you think we should do?” I asked Rachel.

“I don’t know… maybe we could find a caterer from Paris?” Rachel asked, looking at my Mom.

“I don’t know,” my Mom said. “We really needed to pick today. There are only one and a half more months away and we still have to plan so much. I mean, there are still the reception, the ceremony, your honeymoon, and then everything in between.”

“Oh, you're right,” Rachel said. She looked slightly disappointed. I was about to comfort her at least a little bit, but the doorbell rang. I went to answer it and I came face to face with a man in a white dress suit, black tie, and black slacks. He was carrying something with him.

“May I help you?” I asked.

“I came here for the…” he dug in his back pocket and pulled out a small slip of paper. “The Iero and Sinclair wedding. I'm a caterer,” he told me, smiling as he put the paper back in his pocket.

“Um… could you wait one second please?” I asked. He nodded and I shut the door and went to my Mom.

“There's another caterer at the door, Mom,” I told her. She looked at me oddly, but told me to let him in.

I walked back to the front door and allowed him to come inside and led him to the living room.

“Hello,” my mother greeted. “May I ask what your business name is?”

“Way’s catering services; do your wedding day the right way,” he said, grinning. I wanted to laugh at this guy. He couldn’t be serious, could he?

“Um, okay,” my Mom said, trying to hold back her laughter as well. Rachel just stared at him with a bemused look.

“Do you have something for us to sample?” Rachel asked.

“Yes, yes I do,” the guy said, putting down his container and bringing out some dishes of various foods. “This,” he said, holding up a dish, “is my personal favorite, and a recipe that has been passed down for many years in my family.”

He gave us forks and then a sample of whatever the dish was on saucers. I was actually afraid to eat it. I mean, the guy shows up out of nowhere and just expects you to eat his food. It was creepy.

“May I ask what this is?” my mother inquired. It looked like salad, whatever it was. I hoped it was salad.

“It is overnight salad, made with tofu, lettuce, a bit of cottage cheese, a very light homemade dressing, and cauliflower, as well as a few other ingredients. There is absolutely no meat in it at all. My catering service welcomes vegetarians and vegans with open arms as well as those who seem to eat nothing but meat,” the guy said.

I stuck my fork into the salad and looked at it before putting it in my mouth. Ho-ly shit. It was amazing!

“This is so good,” I complimented.

Rachel and my Mom nodded their heads in agreement.

“Thank you, thank you so much. Now, if you'd like to try just one of the sample wedding cakes I made, you may,” he said unsurely.

“Based on a scale of one to ten, and based on your personal preference, what would you rate the cake?” my Mom asked, smiling.

“A one. It’s certainly not my best wedding cake, but as I said, it’s only a sample, miss,” he replied.

“What's your name?” Rachel asked as the guy cut into a chunk of cake.

“Gerard Way,” he said.

“Interesting name,” I said. “I've never met a Gerard before.”

He just smiled at me.

We continued to sample the food that he brought until we were full. He left after he gave us his card in case we wanted to hire him. I’d already made up my mind.

“Well, what do the two of you think?” my Mom asked.

“I want to hire him,” I said immediately.

“Me too,” Rachel beamed. I smiled at her and placed my hand gently on her mid back.

“Okay then, so tomorrow morning, we’ll officially hire him. Now, Rachel, her Mom, and I need to find her a wedding dress. Of course dear, the process is long and hard, but when you find the right one, you'll enjoy your special day so much more,” my Mom said, taking Rachel down the main hall. I inwardly laughed at how dirty my Mom sounded without even knowing it.

My Mom and Rachel left, leaving me with an empty house and nothing to do. My Dad left about an hour ago to fly to Milan, Italy to meet with some of my family as well as promote his business. Nobody would let me help out with the wedding because I was a klutz. It wasn’t my fault that I destroyed things, it just kind of… happened.

I went to my room and lied on my bed. I couldn’t wait to be married to Rachel. It would be like a dream come true, but more. I couldn’t help but think about if we’d last or not. I mean, we weren’t some silly couple in love. We resembled two teenagers who had crushes on each other, really. We haven’t even kissed. I could only hope that we’d end up as a happy couple.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, there is ze little twist that I threw in there! Ha! I don't know how often I'll update this, so don't expect something everyday =]
A big thanks to the following people for commenting.

Nothing_Personal
MikeyWayIsKewl
LizzyLoo
InVadErZimIzMyTwIn
CharredRemains
revengefulvampire
disturbedlife
HangMeFromTheHeavens
Eugene.
phoenixcurse
baysway
dinosaursgorawr
figwmwrtbb