Status: Oh my gosh, I love you all and I love you guys for taking this story to 10 stars, but unfortunately I need a break from this. I will return to this story soon (: Promise.

This Love Was Accidental

But I Can Cover For It So Well

Dropping the necklace into my pocket, I ran. Anthony’s voice called my name, but I kept running. Down three blocks, take a left, one more block, and then I was at the Nickelsen household. Garrett was the closest at the time.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and punched in the familiar seven numbers.

“Hello?”

“J-John?”

“Lily? What’s wrong?”

“C-can you pick me up at Gary’s house?”

“Why are you at Garrett’s? And what happened?”

I hesitated. Should I tell him now? I decided later was a better time.

“Just come John, please,” I begged. He sighed on the other line.

“I’ll be there in a bit…Just, be careful, okay?”

“I’m in front of Garrett’s house John, he’s probably the last person who will hurt me,” I chuckled softly.

“Yeah,” he mumbled. I could hear him forcing a smile.

“Bye John.”

“Bye, and be careful.”

I closed my phone and slipped it back into my pocket. Step by step, I approached the wooden door. It looked like it had been vigorously beaten; probably from the other guys constantly barging in.

Knock, knock, knock.

I shifted my weight to my left foot with my hands tucked into the pockets of my hoodie. It felt like ages before I heard the creek of the door. Fortunately, it was Garrett who opened the door.

“Uh, hey Lily,” he smiled.

Just seeing someone familiar made me want to hug them and cry, so I did.

I threw my hands around his stomach, burying my face in his chest. Before he could even react, I was staining his shirt with my tears. God, I felt so weak.

He rubbed my back hesitantly, not sure what to do. Garrett wrapped his arm around my waist, beginning to guide me to the couch. We were walking in an awkward position, but I wasn’t about to let go of him anytime soon.

My sobs came harder and stronger. I was now fighting to get breaths of air in my lungs. He sat us both down before wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

“What’s wrong?”

I didn’t – or couldn’t – answer him. I clutched his plaid button up tighter in my grip.

“Lily,” he began. He pushed me back gently until we could make eye contact. “What happened?” he asked in an almost demanding tone. I could only sob out two words: It’s over.

He looked at me strangely before pulling me back into his chest. I moved my head so it fit neatly into crease of his neck. My sobbing stopped; only an occasional tear and hiccup would escape. My grip on his shirt was also loosened, but it was wrinkled. Garrett rubbed my back soothingly. I yawned and hiccupped at the same time, creating an odd sound. Apparently, Garrett found it funny.

“I just bawled my eyes out, and you’re laughing? Asshole,” I smiled into his shirt.

I don’t know why or how, but Garrett always seemed to make me smile. I had asked everyone, and we all just agreed that Garrett could make anyone of us smile without lifting a finger; it was a Garrett thing.

“You wrinkled and soaked my shirt, I don’t think you have any right to call me an asshole,” he retorted while stroking my hair. I pulled away from the hug and smacked him in the arm whilst sticking my tongue out at him.

“Oh ho, so now you wrinkle and soak my shirt, then you hurt me? I think I’ve earned the right to call you something,” he joked. I chuckled quietly, beginning to play with the hem of my shirt. I could feel his eyes focused on my face, determined and curious.

“So, why did you come to my house and ruin my shirt?” His sad attempt at making the question lighter only made it feel like the weight of the world.

I slid my fingers over the seams of my jeans pretending like he wasn’t there. I could hear his impatient breathes, and my worried ones. I didn’t want him to find out, because if he knew, then the guys would find out. A beaten Anthony Knight was not something I needed at the moment, although the image of it was quite appealing.

“Just say something Lil’, anything,” he sighed.

“Don’t tell John,” I blurted, not even milliseconds after he had finished.

“Why?”

“Just…well, because –“

Honk, honk!

An echoing horn came down the street, which was followed by a loud, piercing screech. John was here.

“Promise Garrett, promise me,” I whispered as I could hear the engine being cut.

“Fine, but I expect an explanation later,” he grumbled.

I quickly hugged him before taking off towards his washroom. The bathroom door closed behind me while the front door opened. A conversation was going, and hopefully lies were too. Sounds horrible, but I honestly don’t want to risk anything, especially with John.

I cleansed myself of all make up; smeared or not, it came off. My hands straightened my clothes out whilst I tried to blink away the puffiness of my eyes.

How was Garrett holding up?

I pulled open the bathroom door and reached for the light switch, but I didn’t flick it off. Instead, I stepped back and faced the mirror. My hands travelled into my pocket and I pulled out the necklace. I clipped it around my neck, feeling an uncomfortable coolness against my skin. It would eventually warm up, but my feelings wouldn’t.

I rushed downstairs and to wards the front door.

“John!” I called cheerily.

He furrowed his eyebrows.

“Why are you so happy? You sounded like you were about to burst into tears on the phone,” he worded slowly.

I simply shrugged at him.

“Can we go home now?” John nodded.

“Bye Garrett,” I smiled softly. He forced a grin on his face while pulling me into a hug.

“Tell me later,” he hushed into my ear. He let me go, probably expecting a nod or a quiet ‘sure,’ but I turned and walked off onto the porch.

John bid his farewells as well and began to walk beside me. I could feel him eyeing me suspiciously, just like Gary had.

“Nice necklace,” he commented before jogging over to the driver’s side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lilith's Outfit

FLASHBACK! O:
Hope you caught on x]
I really liked this chapter (: Because Lily and Garrett are still friends, yeo (;
WINTER BREAK OOO:
If I'm not making GIFs, I'll be updating x]
I promise you something though,
there will be a predictable twist that will lead to a scene I HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN >:D
Fun fact: This story started with two scenes I had though of :P

<3