Sequel: Devour
Status: I finished it; go read Devour!!

Well Thought Out Twinkles

Pale Blue Eyes

There is freedom within, there is freedom without.

Warm water startled me awake. I laughed out loud at the thought of warm water scaring me. I was floating in a body of water with nothing in sight. Treading the water wasn't hard at all, which was surprising considering I couldn't swim. A bright light filled the air and I felt myself being pulled under the water. I struggled to stay above the water. I never wanted to leave the feeling of complete peace.

Sometimes I feel so happy, sometimes I feel so sad...but mostly you just make me mad.

"She's awake!" Ville yelled then wrapped his arms around me.

I gave him a confused look.

"We thought you were going to die." Bam said, his eyes were glued to a wad of blankets in his arm.

I looked around, "Why would I be about to die?"

Then I realized...

"Is that baby mine?" I asked Bam, he nodded slowly. Ville was glowing.

Thought of you as my mountain top, thought of you as my peak, thought of you as everything...linger on, your pale blue eyes.

Ville took the baby from Bam and handed it to me.

"I named him Jacob Isaiah like we talked about." He beamed.

--

It was midnight, I watched Alice sit on the the balcony. Her pale blonde hair blew gently in wind. It was warm tonight.

Jacob was born on Christmas day, I think Alice was excited. I walked out and sat next to her.

"Ville?" She asked quietly.

I sighed then lit my cigarette, "What, babe?"

"Is it bad that I never wanted to wake up. Being dead felt good. I felt at peace for the first time in my life." Tears filled her eyes, I could tell she was in pain. It bothered her that she didn't want to come back.

"No, I understand."

"I have so much to live for..." She stopped and sighed.

"Infinite peace is something worth wanting to keep. I'm happy right now though."

She nodded, "Me too."

So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a while.
I had a little case of writers block.