Status: finito : )

57 Hilton Street

fourteen.

May's driving again. She's more than a little sick of seeing the battered interior of her car. But honestly, right now, she couldn't care less.

She glances in the rear-view mirror and smiles. Jack and Alex are sat there, busying themselves with each other and just being cute like a couple should be.

Behind them on the road are Andrew and Mike in Jack's car. They agreed to help bring it back to Maryland. Simply because Jack wanted to chill with Alex, and apologize until he couldn't speak. And that was fine with Andrew.

All Andrew really cares about is Jack’s happiness, and if it’s Alex that makes Jack happy, then Andrew has to be fine with it.

Mike smiles half-heartedly at his friend from the driver’s seat. And Andrew knows then that friends are all he needs to get through this, and he has the best in the world, that’s for sure.

Jack has his arm tight around Alex’s waist, a smile creasing his lips. He knows a time will come when they have to talk about the respective moments of weakness with Andrew and Danielle, but that’s not right now. Now, he just wants to be happy, and like a couple.

Alex smiles at Jack as the younger gently ghosts his fingers over his hipbone.

He’s missed this most of all; just being with Jack and knowing he’s there.

Jack smiles and pulls Alex in closer, pressing a tender kiss to his lips. Alex grins against Jack’s lips and kisses him back, working up a slow rhythm with his lips. Jack laughs quietly, slowly massaging Alex’s mouth open.

May glances into the rear-view mirror again and smirks at the two men making out. While she may have to disinfect the entire backseat when she gets home, she doesn’t care. They’re happy.

*

It’s a long time before they’re back in Baltimore. Andrew and Mike haven’t been here since high school; safe to say, it’s changed a lot. They’re still tailing May’s car, and Andrew knows they can’t be far away from their home now.

When May pulls up the driveway and Mike screeches to a halt behind her car, Alex and Jack notice the crowd of people on their doorstep.

There’s Rian and Cassadee, standing arm in arm looking like they should still be in Singapore. Cass is wearing a knee-length red skirt with a huge belt, white skinny vest tucked in at the waist. She has Rian’s hoodie draped over her shoulders. The blonde in her dark brown hair is lighter than ever after sunning herself in Singapore for two weeks. Rian himself standing beside her with an arm protectively around her waist. He’s wearing a thin t-shirt, baggy jeans and looks freezing cold. His skin is tanned, and his hair’s lightened up while he’s been away.

Beside him is Lottie, Alex’s sister. She’s only in shorts, tights, and a boat neck sweater with a kitty print. She’s pressed against the side of a tall, muscled man who appears to be invincible to the weather. He’s wearing just a muscle vest and a pair of board shorts.

“Is that… Zack?” Alex asks, looking out of the car window at the man with his sister. Jack glances out of the window and shrugs.

“We’ll soon find out.” He says, opening the car door and pulling Alex out after him.

Alex is immediately bombarded by his sister, who dives upon him and engulfs him in a hug.

“Don’t ever do that again!” She squeaks into her brother’s shoulder “You’re an asshole, but I love you!”

Alex laughs, petting his sister’s back and hugging her.

Rian and Cass are talking with Jack, Rian hugging him lightly and Cass clinging to him like he’s been gone for years.

Andrew and Mike are standing awkwardly at the roadside. They don’t belong here, with all this unity.

“So, your car’s here.” Andrew says to Jack. The younger nods.

“We’re going to go to the airport now; we kinda need to be back in Tampa soon.” Mike explains, his arm slung around Andrew’s shoulders.

Jack hugs Andrew and Mike together, a smile barely on his face.

“Thanks for everything. I really appreciate it.” Jack says. Andrew shrugs.

“It was nothing.”

“Call me when you’re home, okay?”

“Fine.” Andrew says, turning to walk down the street “And good luck with Alex, y’know.”

Jack smiles when he sees Mike slip his hand into Andrew’s when they’re halfway down the street. He knows they’ll be okay with each other by their side.

Alex pulls Jack back into a conversation by the hand. He’s talking to the man who was with Lottie earlier.

“Jack, this is Zack. You probably remember him?” Alex explains. Jack nods, and they quickly fall into conversation like they’d never be apart.

May smiles, observing the five of them talking from the doorstep.

Reunions are the best.
♠ ♠ ♠
mmkay, this is that last real chapter.
I have a little epilogue written that will be up shortly.
btw ATL was epic last weekend. :)