Status: ...

Angels and Reapers

Rosebud

I couldnt stop throwing up. I was still trying to digest the fact that my boyfriend was a murderer, but I had to have been more than just shocked, or sick. My stomach burned and ached so much. Too much. Something was definitely wrong. I vomited what felt like the last of it and flushed it away. I was vomiting...blood. Nicky ran back into the bathroom.
"Oh my God. Chad, she-she's so pale. You dont think-?"
"No. He wouldnt. He couldnt."
He picked me up and set me on something hard. A table? I going in and out of consciousness, I couldnt tell.
"Chad? Ow!"
"Shhh."
"It hurts!"
" I know, I know."
He lifted my shirt up just enough to reveal my stomach and placed a cold hand on it. It felt good against my burning skin.
"Fuck." Was all he said, and he moved away.
Nicky placed her head on my chest and looked at me with those wide, light brown eyes. Eyes that always looked so optimistic, were now shrouded in fear.
"Chad, her heart beat's faster than usual"
"That dumbass! I told him not to do it!"
" She lost a lot of blood already..."
" Fuckin unbelievable. How the hell did he expect us to clean this up?"
" If Aries already knows-"
" If Aries already knows, then he's gonna want it for himself. He wont care about Leon anymore. He wont bring him back. If Aries knows, then the deal's over. Everything's screwed."
" Unless she doesnt want to keep it."
" Ni-N-Nicky? What's going on? Whats.....whats...."
I didnt even have the breath to speak. The nuasiea swallowed me whole, and I fell i
nto a pit of unconsciousness...

"Amy? Amy?"
Nicky's soft voice reverberated in my ears. When my heas finally cleared I saw her standing over me, my stomach slightly aching still.
"Nicky."
"Yes Aimes?? Can you sit up? Do you feel sick?"
"Not really."
I pushed myself to sit up, only to rest my head on her stomach as she stood next to me. She was wearing the Playboy bunny shorts I bought for her birthday. The familiarity of that memory eased my clouded mind. Only a little though. She pet my head and remained silent. Then everything clawed its way to the top. The news. The shooting. Detective Howard. I couldnt stand the pain anymore. It fucking hurts. Leon always told me to be strong. But I bet he never saw this coming. Chad surfaced in the doorway.
"Hey, is uhh.. everything okay?"
"She doesnt feel that sick anymore." Nicky answered for me, giving Chad a hard stare.
"My stomach still hurts a little though." I said.
" I'll get you something for that." She said. She gave Chad a kiss and went downstairs.
"So how do you feel?"
"Okay I guess. So Chad? You werent lying were you? About Leon being a killer?"
" Sorry Aimes. I wouldnt lie about something like that."
I sighed heavily. I didnt want to cry. I was such a little baby sometimes, but I never guessed Leon would be that kind of person. I remember how he held me, looked at me, talked to me until like, 5 in the morning. Being a murderer isnt something you say on a first date but... well I dont know. I guess nothing wouldve prepared me for the shock of news like that.
" But Amy, he wasnt crazy. He did it to protect you. We did it to protect you and Nicky."
" What? The both of you?"
" But Leon isnt as good at cleaning up his messes as he should have been."
" Did you hear anything from Detective Howard?"
" He called a couple times but he didnt really ask for much."
" Oh..."
Chad stayed there, stareing at me from across the bed. He does that a lot when someone is stressed, or in pain. I dont know how he knows it, but he does.
" Here you go!" chimed Nicky as she walked into the room with a pill and a glass of water in her hands. She rushed towards me and pushed the items into my hands. Somewhat urgently.
" Okay damn! Dont spill the water!"
" Sorry, I just want your pain to go away. Soon!" Was she about to cry? I wanted to say smething but when I felt my stomach hurt more, I quickly swallowed the red pill and water.
" Alright, done. See?"
" Oh Amy, I'm so sorry! It'll be over soon!" She cried on Chad's shoulder and turned away.
" Nicky? What's-? Ow!" My stomach was steaming. It was convulsing and pumping so hard inside of me that I started to dry heave.
" Nicky? What the HELL did you give me?" She wouldnt even look at me.
"Chad?"
"Just go with it. I'm sorry Aimes."
My throat felt like a bunch of jagged nails had ripped through to its center. I started throwing up bodily liquids, then blood. Then I felt something coming up through my body. What came out was something that looked like a deformed little monster. I suddenly felt my stomach return to normal and my throat heal like nothing had happened. But I still couldnt understand what I was looking at. It was a fetus. It still twitched and squirmed until finally staying stagnant on the floor.

The whole room had gone silent. I sat on the floor watching that thing that layed next to me getting picked up in a towel by strangers. Nicky was stroking m arm, trying to get me to talk, but I was as silent as that unborn...thing. It wasnt a baby. It wasnt Leon's child. It was just a thing. Chad got up to speak to one of the strangers that had dealt with the mess, and thanked him for his work. But the stranger told him something that seemed to make his blood crawl. He just nodded knowingly. All of the blood had been cleaned, but there were still blood splatters on me. Another stranger, a nurse, came to me. Her eyes were very green, but her pupils were replaced by a strange design. She examined me and said I was fine. Thats when I noticed the biohazard symbol that was branded onto her neck. All of the strangers had them, I noticed. She walked away just as silently as she came, and made sure not to leave anything behind.
" Amy? Amy, would you please talk to us?" Nicky was pleading by this time. But I just couldnt. I never gave much thought into being pregnant. Leon was never squirmish about it though, but he did want to wait. I still remembered the way the thing looked on the floor. Surprisingly, I wanted to give it a name. It was a girl, I concluded to myself. She looked so painless, curled up on the hardwood floor. Drenched in my blood, she looked like a little rosebud. Rosa. That would be her name.