The Day I Fell in Love With a Snake-Boy

Chapter 2

By the time I had returned from my little walk, the half-vampire was curled up in his hammock. Ugh, I was really going to have to get used to his smell. It has been a long time since I've lived with vampires, or vampaneze for that matter.

"So what kind of freak are you?" I jumped at the sound of the snake boy's voice.

"Well, since you asked, Scales. I'm a shape shifter. I was just born that way."

"Really? And what kind of things to you change into?" he asked.

"Any kind of animal. What about you? Are you famous around this circus just because you're covered with scales? I've seen better freaks than you at the mall." At this I smirked. He just stared at me, unamused.

"So what is your name, Scales?" It honestly didn't matter to me what his name was. I was just going to call him Scales.

"Evra. Evra Von," he answered.

"Von what?" I asked tilting my head to the side out of confusion yet again.

"Nothing, just Von. Anyway, don't you need to go home and grab some stuff before we leave tomorrow?"

"I suppose... Wanna come with, Scales?"

"Sure, but only if you stop calling me Scales!"

"No thanks. Let's go, Scales!"

Evra sighed and we left. Walking, that is. Sam's house is about 2 miles away. That would normally take me about a half hour, but considering how dark it was, it'll take an hour.

"Dude, this is going to take too long!" I moaned impatiently. Before Evra could respond I transformed into a tiger. Evra was surprised for a moment or two. Then I growled at him and signaled for him to hop on my back. He hesitated in doing this, but obeyed.

When I was sure he had a good grip on my fur, I began to walk on four legs. I began to pick up speed slowly so Evra could hold on harder by the time I broke into a sprint.

At this speed, we arrived at Sam's house in no time. There were no lights on, so I assumed Sam's parents were in bed already. So I turned back into a human and got out the spare key under the welcome mat (I know, not very original, but whatever).

As I unlocked the door Evra asked, "What is this?" I turned to see what he meant, and he was looking at a bucket full of water. I stopped for a moment and took a closer look. There were shirts and other articles of clothing inside it.

I laughed and said, "That is my tie dye stuff. We need to bring that too. I can't LIVE without my tie dye!"

"Okay, calm down! We'll grab it on the way out."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Evra by the arm and yanked him inside. We walked down the hall and passed Sam's room. Just seeing it made me want to cry. I wasn't going to let Evra see me cry, though.

We finally came to my bedroom door and I opened it quietly. Then I slowly stepped down the creaky stairway. See, my bedroom is actually just the basement. When I moved in with Sam that was the only available spot. I was very grateful towards his parents because they took me in and were so sweet about it.

Anyway, I went into my room and began to pack all my personal belongings into a duffel bag. Evra just kind of snooped around my room. He was truthfully only there to help me carry stuff back to the circus. I could have done it myself, but I kind of enjoy his company. I'll never admit it out loud, though.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in a while! Sorry! Eh, no one really reads it anyway...