Status: at a stand still, writers block and overload of things to do, update soon promise!

To The Hand of Clawed Fingers

You've Got to Be Kidding Me

Image

I woke up to the wind blowing in my face. I could feel the wind burn on it even before I opened my eyes. I didn't even have to look to know that I was still in the air, that dropping feeling still sat in the middle of my stomach. How come I couldn't just wake up in some fancy bedroom like any other girl who got taken by a mythical creature? For some reason the fact that I WAS taken away by some mythical creature didn't seem to bother me, odd. I really must be screwed up in the head. No, what WAS bothering me was the horrible ache around my torso and thighs in which I was being grabbed around. I sighed and tried to wiggle around to get into a sitting position but the great beast just snorted(wow it had a sense of humor) and held on a little snugger. Well this thing was going to get annoying alright.

With a sigh a opened my eyes and looked up and around me. All was a bright gold color with a slight chill as it was the morning. The sun had just risen and from the sight of it, I was not in my own country anymore. Well I guess I could take this as a good thing, right? At least I wouldn't have to marry that horrible boy my parents were trying to ship me off to. The thought that I had actually gotten away from them for good gave me a satisfied feeling in my stomach that overcame the feeling of dread I was sure I should be feeling right now, being in the clutches of an evil mythical beast that at any moment could send me tumbling to my death...... I gave a gulp as my mind suddenly realized that it could do EXACLTY that, and that I had a sudden fear of heights.( I'm sure I've mentioned this to everyone already) Dry heaves started to escape my lips before my stomach realized that it has had nothing in it for the last 3 days now and finally gave up trying. The only thing that didn't start bringing on the screaming again was the ever tightening feeling of the sharp talons wrapped around my stomach and upper chest. It seemed to notice my uneasy feeling and squirming and moved its talons so quickly around that I hardly had time to notice I had moved before I was trapped in a sitting position(like you would be if you were on a roller coaster). I gave a sigh of relief. Well at least this wasn't as scary, I could look outwards instead of looking straight down at the ground.

Just beyond the horizon I could see a small line of darkness. Had I been on a large boat, and not a prisoner in the sky where the wind made it hard enough to breath, I would have screamed Land Ho! But as it was I estimated that it would at least take us a few hours to make it to the coast.
Well, anyone who has ridden in the clutches of a Dragon would tell you that it only took a few minutes to half an hour to get to a destination that would normally take way to long. But as I've told you about me before, I seem to have the worst of luck, and didn't realize this, and so had no time to think of what my plan would be if I ever got out of this monster's hands. So as I waited and wasn't looking at the land that was slowly coming into view I wandered what I had done wrong to deserve this seemingly horrible fate. I mean, many would make me a millionaire just to SEE what I was going through(though the ticket man I'm sure would say other wise) but I never would have really cared to ever see one if this is what I knew what would happen. A vampire, yeah sure, learn some moves, maybe be turned, have an amazing night(if you know what I mean*wink wink*), but a dragon? Come on! Princesses are the only ones that are taken away and NOT killed in these sort of situations. And I might come from a wealthy family, but even with that I was nowhere near royalty. Nothing comes from becoming a dragon's “guest” other than becoming a measly lunch. I might have no place to go but that definitely is not a reason to be treated in such a manner.

While I was brooding I heard the sound of movement from below me that sounded nothing like the water I was expecting to hear for a while longer. Taking a daring look down I noticed small carts moved by ox and farms down below me. When had we gotten so far inland without me noticing? Trying to look behind me I noticed that the waves were far off, along with most of the population among this place. Where was I? Looking at the rolling hills and taverns that were flying below me at an alarming pace, I could only assume I was at the one place I had hoped to run away from forever. Ireland, the place my parents tried to ship me off to. Where a horrible fiancée figure was surely now waiting for me. A place that I believed that I had no place being. Hmm, you would think I would be more hysterical about this whole realization.....

How come life seemed to put me back right where I was trying to stay away from the most?

Yeah, have I mentioned my horrible luck?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, everyone is faced with hard choices aren't we? :)

Still havent figured out the indent ordeal, but I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.
Im glad i have at least a few readers, and as long as i know my story isn't absolutely horrid, I'll keep writing. <3