Status: completed

Broken Storm

10

Gerard's POV*

POP! The door swung open. I ran out and embraced Thorne.
"Never leave me ever again. Never" I whispered into her ear.
“I won’t. Now what do you say?"
"Let’s get outta this living Hell." Thorne smiled as she slipped out of my arms. Slowly we walked down the hall. It was eerie. Everything was quiet and I wondered if Mikey would ever forgive me. Just then, a voice cracked from behind the bars of Jail cell 23.
"Gee?"
"Mikey?" I called back, rather confused.
"How the hell did you get out? And... Who the hell is she?" He asked, confused and upset.
"Long story... and why are YOU still here?" I questioned.
"They promised they would come back before the storm hit. They---HOLY SHIT!" Mikey jumped back about five feet as our formal cell exploded into flames. Oops.
"Mikey!" Thorne yelled (surprising me, cuz she didn’t even know him...) "Don’t worry guys we'll get you out." She said, with that calm look on her face that I loved.
She knelt down and stared at the lock for a few minutes, then sifted through her keys and stuck the same key into the hole. POP! I watched in awe as the door swung open. The idiots used the same key for every sell!
"Oh god thank you" All three of them said, pretty much in unison.
"It’s no big deal. Oh, and my names Thorne. Nice to meet you."
Thunder boomed above our heads and I watched Thorne jump in surprise. We stood in silence for about five minutes or so before I remembered what we were doing in the first place.
"What the hell are we doing?!?!" I half spoke, half whispered. I guess you could call it a shwike....
"I Dunno" Thorne replied. "Let’s blow this joint"
Frank laughed and walked over, whispering in my ear.
"Thanks bud, we owe you one."
"No, not now. We just have to---"

"HEY!" came a yelp not to far away. We all spun our heads around in surprise as some kid stared at us through the bars.
"Can I come? I think I can help." I stared blankly at the kid. He was maybe my age or a little younger. And he was kinda chunky. I closed my eyes and tried to recall seeing him. Oh, yeah, that kid. I had shoved his face into Mystery Crud on Thursday about a month or a week ago. Name, name... I asked myself. Matt? No, something short likes that... Bob? Was it bob? Bob, bob, bob, bob, bo-
"Gerard!" Thorne called, halfway up the hall.
"Get over here! Bob said he can get us to a temporary safe house until the storm lets up"
"Yeah, it’s just a mile or five from here. We have to move quickly though, these bastards will be on our asses before you can say-- Hey you’re that guy that shoved my face into lunch last week!"
Oops.