Status: completed

Broken Storm

19

Gerard’s POV

Beautiful Disgrace

Pin-pricks in the velvet lining
His face like a prophet
Immortals bow down to their kings
But I have no god
Love just a forgotten psalm in the book of hate
Voice like an angel
Even when he's gone
He's my Beautiful Disgrace
And I won’t let him go,
Even when we can be together.
Smile like the devil
Laughter like a snake
Loves just another song in the book of hate.
The past may mar us,
But we always survive
We don’t need our hearts.
Eyes like a saint
I’m drowning
Beyond redemption, I’m falling
But you always find a
Way
Down
Beautiful Disgrace

I held the poem in my hands while Thorne slept. The words were beautiful, and I felt like a little boy going to the Circus for the first time. I was lost and confused. I knew it was about me, it was recent, tearstained and under her makeshift pillow. I slid it back when she started to move, her head falling into the crack of my armpit. She slowly opened her eyes.
"Gerard?"
"I’m here babe"
"I love you"
"I know"
I handed her the shopping list.
"You finished?"
"Yep"
She unfolded the paper and hit me in the stomach.
"What was that for?!?!"
"You know! The comments and---what the hell?! Birth control?!?!"
I looked at her and laughed.
"What? I don’t want any babies! That would fuck everything up!"
She smiled.
"And this is why I love you" She forced herself up and kissed me lightly on the lips.
I reached over on the other side of the bed and handed her the Smashing Pumpkins Tee. She pulled it down over her head and her nipples showed through the light fabric. I watched her wince with the light pressure on her cuts.
"Wanna take it off? Does it hurt?"
"Its fine" she lied
"Uh-hmm...”
"Really!" I scooped her up and put her in-between my legs. She rested her head on my chest, and I rubbed her hands.
"We should go wash you up"
"Am I really that messy?"
"Yeah"
"Damn."
I picked her up and carried her down the hall. Ray was still in his room. I walked by without looking in. Down to the river we went, and I pulled the shirt off of her. She looked down at her reflection in the water.
"Gerard, am I really that bad?" She asked in disbelief, staring at her face.
"Yeah, but I still think your beautiful"
She slipped out from my grip and dropped into the water. She resurfaced and I watched the blood wash off her face. Her hair stuck to her skin, beads of water on the top of it. She rubbed some blood off her legs and arms, and flopped back against a rock.
"Man i’m tired"
"Don’t sweat it; you just don’t have a lot of energy is all"
"But I WANT energy"
"The only way your gonna get it is by resting. You lost a ton of blood babe"
"Shut up"
"Alright, get out, were taking you inside"
"No, I wanna stay here, the waters warm today"
"Then I’m coming to get you"
She looked at me in disbelief
"Really, i’m serious"
I unbuckled my belt and felt my jeans slide off my legs. I jumped into the cold water and resurfaced by Thorne.
"You’re not serious"
"That and more"
I picked her up, and carried her back to shore, laying her down on the mossy banks.
She looked up into my eyes as I caressed her body, her full curves teasing me. I reached down and tucked her hair behind her ear and plopped down next to her. She flipped onto her side and laid her left leg over my right, resting her head on my chest. And life was good.