Status: completed

Broken Storm

22

Gerard’s POV*

The sun was cooling off when I walked back out of the barn. I stared up into the sun, and back down to the ground. Mikey was sitting in the middle of the field, with some straw and some other... stuff... I think...
"Hey Mikey, whacha doin?"
"Fixing Mr. Scarecrow"
"Right...wait what?"
"You heard me"
"Yeah"
I watched him intently as he switched the old, rotting shirt with another one. It was Thorne’s old one, it was sort of bloody, and so I didn’t mind. He pulled some of Frank’s pants up onto it, stuffing some straw inside both of them. I stared at the demented face on the scarecrow, shivering as I did so. Mikey giggled as he shoved some extra straw up the scarecrows shirt.
"Mikey, oh my god... never mind. Never mind" He rolled backwards, clutching his sides, laughing.
"Mikey"
"Sorry." He pulled it back out and looked up at me, grinning that sheepish grin. I watched as he shoved it up his own shirt. I broke down. It was too funny.
"Ohh! Look at me! Gerard! Look at my boobies!" I laughed and laughed, clutching my sides. Mikey lost it, falling to the ground. Just then, the sound of a car broke the laughter. I tensed up, staring at the road for a second. To my relief, it was Frank. I was mad hungry, so for once I was glad to see him. He climbed out of the car as I jogged over toward him.
"Hey"
"Why are you talking to me?"
"I just want to clear the air"
"Sure"
"Sooo are we cool?"
"Yeah, were cool"
"Good" I slapped his back and helped him carry all the shit inside. How much stuff do we need? Finally, I got in and set some stuff onto the counter.
"Ray" He looked up from the chair he was sitting in.
"Can you go get Thorne?"
"No!" he sat up fast "I have to go--umm- get- do- help them out- over-gotta go bye!" He ran out in a hurry.
"I will!" Mikey shouted, running down the hall to get her. I cringed at the thought of him dropping her, but that didn’t happen. I watched him set her down on the table with care. I spun around.
"Hey Frank did you---"
"Here!" he shoved a bunch of first aid things in my face. He WAS good.
"Ready babe?" Thorne struggled for breath, fear and uncertainty in her eyes.
"Fine" She took her shirt off and handed it to Ray, who never made any eye contact with her.
I took some gauze and poured the solution over it. The cut was badly infected, and I winced even looking at it. Thorne clenched her teeth, and closed her eyes tightly. I rubbed it on the cut, and she grinded her teeth, a few tears running down her face. She tried to stay strong, and I saw that, but she screamed out in pain, Mikey and Ray grabbing her arms in their hands, pinning her down to the table. I strattled her legs so she didn’t kick. I finished the job, placing neon bandages over all the other cuts. Mikey and Ray released, causing Thorne to snap up, pinning to me fast. Just then, Frank walked in, Bob, Mikey and Ray standing behind him, all there arms crossed. What was this?
"What?" I asked backing off of Thorne.
"Gee, our photos are plastered everywhere"
"So?"
"I was almost caught, like, fifty times!"
"So?"
He reached into his bag and pulled something out of his bag. Scissors.
"Gee we have to cut your hair"
"NO! Not my hair! I LOVE my hair!"
"Gee. We have to."
"NO! No fucking way! No!"
"Gee!"
Ray looked up when Thorne opened her mouth.
"If you won’t cut your hair, I will. Got any hair dye?"