Status: completed

Broken Storm

25

Gerard's POV*

We all sat in a line by the fire on the hay bails we used as a bench. The flames were dying down, and the moon was high in the sky, big and full. My arm was around Thorne; her back slouched as she stared into the fire. She shifted suddenly, sitting up.
"I’m gonna go to bed"
"Okay" We all said in unison
"Thank you guys for everything."
"No problem" She disappeared into the dark doorway. Frank scooted over to me, legs cocked open, hands hanging in between them. His hair was shaved into a weird mow hawk, part of it bleached and the other part jet black. He banged shoulders with me, smiling.
"Sup?"
"Nothing"
"Do you have any idea where were gonna go?"
"No"
"Thorne might. She seems to be good at sneaking around. And I mean that in a good way, not an insulting one"
"I know. I noticed that too, in a good way, defiantly"
"Mmm" he yawned, covering his mouth with a fist.
"Getting tired"
"Me too" I looked up at Bob, who was rubbing his eyes. Ray came walking back from the woods, carrying a bucket of water. His eyes were squinty, and he dumped the water onto the dwindling fire. It went out in a hiss, and smoke bellowed into the air. He dropped the bucket down on the ground, and yawned.
"I’m going to bed" He forced out, walking into the house.
"Me too" Bob said, stumbling after him. Frank looked up at me, kicking a plastic cup into the pile of ashes.
"I’m gonna hit the hay, literally"
"Yeah"
"G'night man" He said, hitting my back hard, leaning in and kissing my cheek.
"Night Frank" He pulled back and jumped over the hay, leaving me by the smoldering pile of ash. I stood up and stared into the dark woods. I felt full and satisfied for once, which was weird. I actually felt different today, like it was the first night we were staying here, and it was a comforting feeling. I walked into the dark doorway, seeing the dark outline of Mikey as he shuffled through the kitchen, grabbing water.
"Hey" He said, looking at me through the dark frames of his glasses.
"I thought you would be in bed for sure by now."
"Not yet."
"Alright. Love ya man"
"Right back atcha Mikey" I hugged him for a quick second, and then carried on down the hall. The door was shut partially, so I pushed it open quietly. The candles on the side table were lit, flickering lightly, throwing shadows across the room. I shut the door all the way, my eyes drifting to the bed to find Thorne. She wasn't there. I stood in the same place for a second, thinking of all the horrible things that could of happened, or of all the little things. I stared at the bed, just thinking. I jumped suddenly when a cool sensation washed over me, two arms wrapping around my neck from behind me. I turned my head to the right, Throne resting her head on my shoulders.
"Why are you still up?"
"Couldn’t sleep"
"Are you lying?"
"No” She said, smiling as she walked over to the makeshift bed. Her P.J.’s were black with red lining, laced up in the back. I followed her closely, and I knelt down on the ground, looking up into her eyes as she looked down into mine. My hands ran up her legs to her thighs, and she brushed them off. I looked down in shame and embarrassment as Thorne slid down to my size. Gingerly, she pushed my chin up, locking with my eyes. Her hand ran up my chest and onto my shoulder. I looked hard into her eyes, so soft and innocent. Her skin glistened with sweat, broken up with dirt. She fell down lower, looking up into my eyes, into my soul. She closed her eyes and forced herself up, our lips brushing past each other. I leaned in, pushing her up against the hay, her cool skin against mine. She pulled away from me, sitting up on the bed.
"I’m gonna go to bed"
I got up off the floor.
"I’m with you on that, babe"
"I love you"
"I love you too"
She lay down, watching me for a moment as I undressed, but drifted to sleep before I climbed in with her. I climbed over her, blowing the candles out. Slowly, I lowered myself down next to her, the midnight moon casting shadows on the wall. In that moment, everything seemed perfect, normal, real. I brushed some hair out of Thorne's face, looking at her sleep peacefully. How did a horrible guy like me wind up with a flawless girl like Thorne? Even if she did have flaws, they were perfect in themselves. I shut my eyes, seeing her face in my dreams. I knew tomorrow was the beginning of forever. A forever I will never forget.