Status: completed

Broken Storm

26

Thorne's POV*


"Babe, you’re fantastic." Gerard smiled at me, pushing my hair behind my ear. His skin was moist with sweat, but at the same time, cool.
"I know." He leans in and presses his cool lips against mine. I wrap my arms around him, flipping on top of him.
"No you don't" He says, pushing me off of him, and instead, flipping on top of me, our hips grinding together.
"Gerard don't you leave me." He smiles at me, his bleached hair waxy from the sweat.
"I won't, you can trust me" I let him lay on top of me, his cool skin on mine. I open my mouth to talk to him, but my words are interrupted by the door slamming open. Ray walks in, holding a demo CD in his hands, talking to me about sending it into a record company. He looks up and his mouth falls open in shock.
"Ray!" I force out. He shakes his head, cocking it to the side.
"Gerard!" He yells, walking across the room, flipping Gerard onto the ground, and all I can do is watch in horror as he pulls out knife.
"Dude, think about what your doing!" Gerard gets out.
"No" he says, sitting on Gerard’s legs, carving his name on Gerard’s pale stomach. I try to scream, but Gerard reaches up, silencing me.
"Don’t cry for me. We'll see each other again"
"Gerard!"
"See you in hell babe"
"Gerard! Oh my god, Gerard" I cry, watching his eyes slam shut. Ray smiles, satisfied and gets off of Gerard and leaves the knife sticking out of his chest, blood all over his hands.
Ray reaches out to me.
"C’mon Thorne. We can run away"
"Not after that."
"I said we can run away" He sits down on the bed, too close for comfort. He grabs onto my shoulders, gripping them too hard.
"We can run"
"No"
"BITCH! You are coming with me! Get it? Good! Come with me or die!"
"I’m coming! I’m coming!" He pulls me out of bed, lips pressing against mine, and I am filled with hate.


"Thorne?" Gerard’s voice echoes off in the distance, my body being shaken back and forth. I cry out for Gerard, tears falling down my cheeks.
"Babe!" my eyes snap open and I are back in the house. Gerard is sitting in front of me, a rather concerned and upset look on his face. I broke down and cried, clinging to his body fast like a magnet, holding onto him tight.
"Babe what happened? You were screaming and crying. I came in to check on you. Sure your okay?"
"No"
"What Happened?"
"Ray"
"Ray what?"
"He killed you. He carved... he...” I lift Gerard’s Anthrax shirt up, looking for his cuts, but nothings there. Quickly I looked back up at Gerard, his eyes full of concern again.
"What?" His eyebrows scrunched up, confused and upset.
"Nothing."
"It’s not anything. It was a horrible dream. Talk to me about it." The door slammed open. Ray came in; humming some song, then looked up at me, tears on my cheeks and sweat on my skin.
"Thorne! Are you okay?"
"I’m fine" I saw Gerard shake his head out of the corner of my eye.
"What happened?" So I opened my mouth and started at the beginning and ending when Gerard woke me up. I looked up at both of them when I finished, both of them completely stunned. Ray put his hand over his mouth, shocked. His brown eyes brimmed with tears, and I looked back at Gerard, who was very confused. I made my way across the bed, hugging Ray. He embraced me back, his fingers running through my hair. I pulled back and stared at Gerard. He leaned over and hugged me.
"Thorne I’m sorry"
"Sorry for what"
"I should have been in here; I should have been here when you were scared."
"No, you don’t have to. Really, theirs nothing you could have done anyway"
"Except wake you up before it got really bad"
"You did"
"Not quick enough"
Gerard’s arms wrapped around me, holding me tight against his chest. Tears ran down my face as his heart beat loud in my ear. Ray got up off the bed and wiped some tears off of is face.
"I’m gonna go. Eat...lunch."
"Ray?"
"What?"
"I know you would never hurt Gerard. Don’t worry yourself over this dream okay?"
"Fine" He slammed the door behind him. Gerard held my face in his hands and kissed me hard.
"Baby, I should have been here"
"Don’t"
"I should have been here" he cried, hands shaking.
"It’s not like I died"
"I should have been here. Oh god I should have never left you alone."
"Gerard"
"I shouldn't have left"
"Gerard!"
"What?!"
I grabbed hold of his face, staring hard into his eyes.
"I love you, and you don’t have to follow me around like a lost puppy. You can have a life. It was only a dream"
"You had it when I was gone." He started to cry. I lay down on the bed, spooning Gerard and wiping away all of his tears.
"--had it when I was gone" He hiccupped and cried softly.
"It's okay, sh don’t cry" He hiccupped again. I ran my fingers through his hair, letting a few silent tears run down my face. In that moment, I knew it was the beginning of forever.