Status: completed

Broken Storm

32

Gerard's POV*

I’m sitting in an all white room. A nurse enters from an unseen door. She is holding a small bundle in her arms, a stern look on her face.
"Mr. Way?" I sit up strait.
"Yes"
"This is your new son, Gerard Michael. Your daughter is on her way." She turns on her heel, and I smile down at the little boy, who was yawning and rubbing his crunched nose with a small fist.
Gerard Michael. Only Thorne could come up with such a nice name. It was different. Like, I know it’s my name, but it’s better than Gerard A... well. You know. I sit kind of ajar in my seat, not knowing exactly what to do with the messy little boy. His eyes were an electric blue, just like Thorne, and his hair was dark, of course he is too young to tell what color it is. He smiles up at me, with my smile, which sucks for him. A long period of time goes by, and Gerard Michael falls asleep in my arms. Boy, I was going to be a horrible father. This poor kid is going to be fucked up in the head. The nurse returns, holding a smaller bundle in her hands. This time, the blanket is pink, and she hands me another baby. The nurse is smiling, but something was painful behind her eyes. I know.
"Mr. Way" She says, pushing the blanket out of my daughters face. She's just as cute as Gerard Michael, but just...not as boyish... i guess.
"Your daughter is here, and healthy." I smile down at her, her green eyes sad, just like the nurses.
"Thorne requests that you name her October. I don’t know why. Does it mean something to you?" I smiled.
"Yeah, kind of" The nurse sits down in the white chair next to me, taking Gerard from my arms. He lets out a cry, but i reach over, covering him back up to silence him.
"Mr. Way. This is going to be hard. But, your wife didn't survive the birth of October."
I stared at her in shock.
"Mr. Way, she died in childbirth. She’s dead." I hand her October, shaking my head.
"Thorne's not dead. She's fine. She's strong. She wouldn’t just die. She wouldn’t!"
"Mr.-"
"Stop calling me that Dammit!" I get up, pulling the now visible door open. Thorne was in the hospital bed, her face sweaty and smiling. Blood was all over the sheets and insides of her legs. I sit down in the chair next to the bed, just staring like i was waiting for her to wake up.
"Hey babe"
Nothing.
“Babe?"
Nothing.
"No, Thorne. Wake up Dammit! Were married remembered? It’s been two years. This was supposed to be the... one of the greatest days of our lives. Remember? I need you. Babe? Baby? Blood? (Her nickname)"
Nothing.
"No, baby wake up. Open your eyes. Please. We need you! Gerard Michael, October, and I. we need you. Blood? Blood baby, we need you to-open your eyes..... We need."
Tears fell down my face. The nurse appearing at my side, babies in her arms.
"She's gone"
"No, she's not. She promised. She....."
"Mr. Way"
"My name is Gerard Dammit! GERARD!" I threw a chair across the room.
"Gerard." I hiccupped. More and more tears running down my cheeks and onto my shirt. I grab Thorne's face and cry, kissing her over and over.
"Beautiful, you have to get up... you have to! C’mon! You have to see your kids, you have to....wake...up..."
"Mr. Way, I’m sorry, you'll have to step out of the room."
"I will not leave until she gets up!"
"She's dead. She will not get up"
"How can you say that?!?!"
"Because it’s true"
"We made it though. Through everything. We made...." I cried into Thorne's hair, the pink streaks in my eyes.
"Throne," I said,
"Remember when we started that band? My Chemical Romance? Remember? You wrote all the lyrics? Remember babe? The song I wrote for you the time we thought we were gonna loose everything. Demolition Lovers remember?" I exhaled, shaky.
"Trying, I’m trying. To let you know how much you mean to---" I started crying again.
"Thorne. Oh god. Thorne." I watch, helpless and frozen as she fades away. I open my mouth, trying to scream. But nothing happens. October and Gerard Michael are back in my arms, and I cry, tears falling onto there little faces. I stop, worrying that I might drown them. But i start again anyway. The babies cry, so I start to sing.
"As red rains, a path on through, a phantom. Forever, and ever. Like scarecrows, that fuel this flame, were burning....were burning."


"Burning. Forever, and ever. Know how much I want to show you, you’re the only one. Like a bed of roses, there are a dozen reasons in this gun." I sang, tears running down my face. My eyes snapped open, I was back at home. I rubbed my eyes, holding my breath. I cranked my head, looking for Thorne, the babies, anything. Nothing. Not even Thorne. I moved my hand, feeling a smooth sensation under my feelings. I looked down at the paper, and grabbed it, slowly unfolding it. It was a letter.

Hey sexy~

Just wanted to let you know I might be out for a bit. Thanks again for, well you know what you did. Do me a huge favor and pick up the room for me. Thank you much! I might have a surprise for you, most likely I will. (No, not like a last night surprise) But it’s still good. Ray will be coming with me, just to let you know.
Much love
Thorne.

What could she be up to? I lay on my back, smelling the paper. It smelled like Thorne's hairspray, and I liked it. I pulled the blanket off of my body, letting the cooler air hit my body. Sitting up, I reached down on the ground for my jeans. I slid them on over my pale skin and threw a new Ozzy Osbourne tee on. I walked over to the door, pulling it open. The hall was long and empty, and I walked down it to the kitchen. Mikey was in the living room area, but I sat down in the kitchen instead. Thorne's notebook was on the table, and out of curiosity I grabbed it, opening it up.

~MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE~

I slammed it shut. Ironic? I think not. All i could do now was wait. wait for Thorne to return. and wait for a surprise. Just wait.


Hand in mine, into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the things we put each other through and

I would drive on to the end with you
A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full
And I feel like there's nothing left to do
But prove myself to you and we'll keep it running

But this time, I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of everything
I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold

Until the end, until this pool of blood
Until this, I mean this, I mean this
Until the end of...

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold

But this time, we'll show them
We'll show them all how much we mean
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of every...

All we are, all we are
Is bullets I mean this

As lead rains, will pass on through our phantoms
Forever, forever
Like scarecrows that fuel this flame we're burning
Forever, and ever
Know how much I want to show you you're the only one
Like a bed of roses there's a dozen reasons in this gun

And as we're falling down, and in this pool of blood
And as we're touching hands, and as we're falling down
And in this pool of blood, and as we're falling down
I'll see your eyes, and in this pool of blood
I'll meet your eyes, I mean this forever